Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohemian FC Team Talk/News/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Yeah he looked very good. He tired towards the end but he's still probably working on his fitness having come back from injury. Him and Pender in the team offer us so much more at the back than their replacements. Two huge players for us.

The top 5 currently we cannot compete with financially. They seem to be able to offer their youth players a better contract, a longer contract etc. The sooner Dayer is redeveloped and we can start doing that the better. The time in between in Tolka will be torturous. Hopefully it all happens sooner rather than alter. Plan is to be there for 2022 season I believe.

Dano Kelly looks very good. He's very direct and a very attacking right mid. With the likes of Grant and Kelly you'd see no reason to keep Kavanagh next year, get him of the wage bill and try keep a few lads like Leahy and a few others. Kelly looks very slight though. You'd imagine he never had a proper strength and conditioning program which I'm sure he'll get here over the close season.

Wonder did Stokes just have a falling out with Long? He's a good player but never really brought his best. Never happy with beating a player once he has to beat him twice or three times and is a bit wasteful.

I know that was only Bray last night and we played them at a good time but we still looked good. A solid performance by all. You can see the pitch is a lot better with the rain we got the last few days and a better pitch is more conducive to the way we play ball.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I think Stokes is a bit of a big time Charlie, home from England thinking he's the shît. He's shown only glimpses of what he's capable of only.

Huge result last night.

Few bits to note:

JR Wilson went to Shels, Watts' loan ended, Moore went to Shels and Gannon was released. Obviously Watts has great potential but don't think Moore and Gannon are big losses at all. Can't fault their effort though. Rob Manley went to Drogheda too.

Kelly comes in from Bray and Masterson from Hyde or Drogheda or something.

Shane Supple GK
    Colin McCabe GK

Derek Pender RB/LB
    Rob Cornwall CB/RB
    Dan Casey CB/RB
    Dan Byrne CB/CM
    Paddy kirk LB/ CB
    Darragh Leahy LB

Paddy Kavanagh RM/LM
    Dan Kelly RM
    Keith Buckley CM/RB/RM
    Keith Ward CM/LM/RM
    Ian Morris CM/LB/CB
    Oscar Brennan CM
    JJ Lunney CM/LM
    Jamie Hamilton CM/LM
    Kevin Devaney LM/RM
    Eoghan Stokes LM/ST

Dinny Corcoran ST
    Cristian Magerusan ST
    Ryan Swan ST
    Ryan Masterson ST

Good win tonight. Played a bit better in the second half, things started working for us. Balls found feet, runs were read a bit better etc. Good to see Stokes and Grant getting a run out. Stokes is different class on his day and we missed him the last few weeks, as long as he gives a shít. Took a good penalty and sprayed a few good passes. A number 10 playing off Dinny is possibly his best position too. Anyway a few good selection headaches for Keith Long next week too.

Also Kavanagh left the club to join Shels. Best of luck to him and Karl. Both seem like top guys and the players and team mates seem full of praise for them and they seem to just be at the stage where they want first team football and nobody can hold that against them. But with Kelly, Grant, Stokes and Devanney they have youth on their side and they all look promising

Shane Supple GK
    Colin McCabe GK

Derek Pender RB/LB
    Rob Cornwall CB/RB
    Dan Casey CB/RB
    Dan Byrne CB/CM
    Paddy kirk LB/ CB
    Darragh Leahy LB

Dan Kelly RM
    Keith Buckley CM/RB/RM
    Keith Ward CM/LM/RM
    Ian Morris CM/LB/CB
    Oscar Brennan CM
    JJ Lunney CM/LM
    Jamie Hamilton CM/LM
    Kevin Devaney LM/RM
    Eoghan Stokes LM/ST

Dinny Corcoran ST
    Cristian Magerusan ST
    Ryan Swan ST
    Ryan Masterson ST

• Advertisement

Anyone else still smiling today? What a team!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Buttercup at the end! Clown of a PA man in Tallaght.

The song we liked so much we took it ourselves 😂

Great win last night. Hope to God we can nail a few of these lads on two year deals

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Dan Kelly in particular. Reminds me of Mclean; quick, direct and an eye for goal.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Fair. I remember seeing McLean play for Derry against us and he had Heary on toast. Comparisons definitely to Kelly. Leahy as well would be a must as well if we could pick two. Long and Croly are musts as well. Just most of the team really.

I think having a good rest in between games has been a huge factor in the upturn. It was very difficult early on when there seemed to be a match every three days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

I think having a good rest in between games has been a huge factor in the upturn. It was very difficult early on when there seemed to be a match every three days.

So that means you'll struggle against us in Inchicore on Saturday after the Derry match on Wednesday?

kksaints wrote: »
    So that means you'll struggle against us in Inchicore on Saturday after the Derry match on Wednesday?

I would be worried if we were playing a decent team but we should be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I would be worried if we were playing a decent team but we should be okay.

Can't decide whether thats a dig at Derry or Pats!

Or maybe both?

Both sure, why not? I guarantee we will now heavily lose both games.

Here's hoping !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NIMAN wrote: »
    Here's hoping !!

You've already won a cup. Give us a fair crack at one ffs NIMAN.

Omackeral wrote: »
    You've already won a cup. Give us a fair crack at one ffs NIMAN.

To be honest, I think we are the only team to take the league cup seriously.
    Obviously Cobh wanted to win on Sunday too, but they were poor. We should have played at a much higher tempo and finished them off.

As for tomorrow night, you have got to be big favourites going into this one. You have form, you beat us easily a couple of weeks ago in the league and we have been in freefall in recent months. Our defence is shocking, and we have next to no chance of keeping a clean sheet.

Do you know Ger Doherty by any chance? If you do, will you tell him he's a wanker for me? He's a horrible fcuker. Thanks. Everyone else is alright though.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Do you know Ger Doherty by any chance? If you do, will you tell him he's a wanker for me? He's a horrible fcuker. Thanks. Everyone else is alright though.

I would have played a bit of ball with Ger about 20 years ago. Him and his bro.
    He would have been a teenager then, and do you know we only knew he was a goalie when he signed for TNS, never once did he do nets for us in our twice weekly astro game!

But he is a very skilful outfield player, that I can vouch for.

NIMAN wrote: »
    But he is a very skilful outfield player, that I can vouch for.

Come back to me when he's banging in penalties in the Showgrounds :pac:

I'm sure Keith Long's team talk last night is that "There's places up for grabs here" with a good run in and a cup semi final on the cards. Might only mean a place on the bench and a chance to make an impact but there's that chance to come on and make an impact.

Some very impressive performances and big futures ahead of a lot of those players. The 10 role suits stokes a bit more than wide left or the number 9 role. Playing off Ali Regbha, who was phenomenal, suited him. Spreading it left and right too.

Andy Lyons very good, Cornwall a very good leader for such a young man. McCourt was very good. Long must be quite confident when he turns around looking at his bench and thinking he needs an impact. Lots of guys who can step up, depth we haven't seen since 08.

All online tickets for Bohemians vs Cork City for home fans are SOLD OUT this afternoon. The phenomenal run of form must be a major a factor in this. Great times as of late. She wore, she wore....

Should be some atmosphere, really looking forward to it. Absolutely nothing to fear from the opposition either. I just hope nerves or completency don’t start to seep in.

SHE WORE...

Can't help but feel hard done by after that. Apparently we were given 500 tickets. No doubt they'll be sold out.

Interesting to see what team he plays on friday. Casey and Kelly suspended for Monday so both of them will play. Stokes in for Ward. I reckon we could see a similar team that played Pats given the significance of the game on Monday. Don't want to be risking injuries when we already have two suspensions.

McCabe

Buckley Casey Byrne Leahy

Brennan McCourt

Kelly Stokes Devanney

Masterson

Something to that effect? Only an hour for Leahy and Devanney. RB is less taxing than CM for Bucko. Give Pender a rest with his niggle and age taken in to account.

SHE WORE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Anyone know if theirs a stream for the game later?

but1er wrote: »
    Anyone know if theirs a stream for the game later?

https://mycujoo.tv/video/fc-midtjylland?id=25741

Note to mods, this is a legal stream.

• Advertisement

No stream in the end. 2-1, still in the tie.

No stream in the end. 2-1, still in the tie.

Great result. Look for Oct 24th now.

Our initial 500 was sold out today and another 100 coming tomorrow, most of which is already reserved.

600 on a monday is big numbers. Make it noisey and get behind the lads and it will feel like a home game. Half day booked from work... Cannot wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

new stadium plans look very impressive but would of liked a 10000 seater, i think they will all live to regret that decision, sorry to see the old ground go but it's in bad shape thede days!

Didn't like the way the have a new stadium for Shelboure and Bohs in the video, obviously should be Bohs and Shels ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

new stadium plans look very impressive but would of liked a 10000 seater, i think they will all live to regret that decision, sorry to see the old ground go but it's in bad shape thede days!

Didn't like the way the have a new stadium for Shelboure and Bohs in the video, obviously should be Bohs and Shels ;)

They place will be rocking when Rovers come in. It's going to feel soulless for everyone else. I'd like it to be bigger but what's the point when we can't fill 1 stand for 8 of the teams we play against in it.

Does look amazing though.

I will be a sad sad day when the old ground comes down.

• Advertisement

Look at these little bolloxes! :P

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-football/fears-as-irn-bru-cash-fizzles-out-of-scotland/

Very interesting read on the irn Bru cup,

Roll on Hampden Park draw tomorrow at 1pm

Full highlights of the game vs Sutton from their official channel. The commentator seems to love the architecture around Dublin judging by the first few minutes. Also you see our top boys taking the shed like the good old days around the 11:30 mark :P

Pretty selective highlights! You'd have thought we never attacked going by that.

Let them have their highlights.

• Advertisement

So we marched day and night
    by the big cooling tower
    they had the highlights but
    we had Ross County

Ch5iv0kUoAEqT6A.jpg

Now do Freed from Desire

maxresdefault.jpg

The Bohs ain't got no money...

So we'll march day and night,
    Under Phibsboro Tower,
    We had Dan Grant,
    But they had the highlights?

So it's Scottish Third Tier outfit (League 1) East Fife at home in the next round of the IRN-BRU cup. Tie set for November 17th but subject to change

Says on facebook we've requested to more the tie forward, presumably so we still have some players under contract.

The only players that will be under contract on that date are Dinny and Supps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

The only players that will be under contract on that date are Dinny and Supps.

Two heroes that will beat Fife on their own!!!

Can we request that the game be brought forward straight to penos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

Bit cheeky of the club to ask for this game to be brought forward, we knew the potential issues around contracts before we entered, that said so should the SPFL.

Great reading over on the Scottish football forum pieandbovril of the East Fife fans in meltdown over this potential fixture move :pac:

Sure all the club can do is ask, we have to do what's in our best interests. If it's in East Fife's best interests to say no then so be it.

East fife four forfar five

• Advertisement
Advertisement