Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alter Bridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Really like the name of the album! Love the fact we are getting a new album! wooo Alter f*cking bridge!! \m/

I dont mean to be pedantic but:
    I really like Daughtry. The singer was on American Idol the year that Kelly Clarkson won it.

he actually was on it a few years later. He came 4th on the 5th season of "idol" - the year Taylor Hicks won it.......remember him? Didnt think so!

Cool thing about Daughtry:
    Chris Daughtry is now the third most successful American Idol contestant in terms of record sales, behind only Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood (who both won their respective seasons!

Anyway - WOOOOO ALTER BRIDGE! Have loved them ever since I heard Metallingus used as Edges entrance music in WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Lol it's easy knowing I didn't watch it! :p I heard the song It's Not Over on Kerrang and went "OMG I need to know who that is right now!" I think I actually discovered Alter Bridge after Daughtry but I'm not too sure. Just Googled them by chance because I loved Metalingus.

Anyway.. I love the name too. Can't wait to see the cover art next week. I wonder what the single will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another Alter Bridge update - 6 hours ago

From Mark - "Big day today, approved cover art and mastered Fortress!!"

It's getting closer :D

:D:D:D

Cannot wait!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The guy at the back looks kinda confused.

• Advertisement

Given that Alter Bridge have a new album on the way, i'd imagine that their website will be redesigned

I'd imagine so. Can't believe it's 3 years since ABIII :eek:

I'd imagine so. Can't believe it's 3 years since ABIII :eek:

Perhaps the website being redesigned will tie in with the album cover, 3 long years since ABIII, the wait will be worth it come September 3oth :D

Alter Bridge tour dates

October 4, 2013
    House Of Blues - Orlando, FL

October 16, 2013
    Nottingham Arena - Nottingham, UK

October 17, 2013
    Birmingham NIA - Birmingham, UK

October 18, 2013
    Wembley Arena - London, UK

October 20, 2013
    Cardiff Arena - Cardiff, UK

October 21, 2013
    Hydro - Glasgow, Scotland

October 22, 2013
    Manchester Arena - Manchester, UK

October 24, 2013
    Zenith - Paris, France

October 25, 2013
    Brussels, Belgium

October 27, 2013
    Huxleys - Berlin, Germany

October 28, 2013
    Vega - Copenhagen, Denmark

October 29, 2013
    Arenan - Stockholm, Sweden

November 3, 2013
    Heineken Music Hall - Amsterdam, Holland

November 4, 2013
    Mitsbishi Electric Halle - Dusseldorf, Germany

November 5, 2013
    Schlachthof - Wiesbaden, Germany

November 7, 2013
    Gasometer - Vienna, Austria

November 8, 2013
    Zenith (Munich) - Munich, Germany

November 9, 2013
    Hallenstadion - Zurich, Switzerland

November 11, 2013
    Atlantico - Rome, Italy

November 12, 2013
    Mediolanum Forum - Milan, Italy

November 14, 2013
    Razzmatazz 2 - Barcelona, Spain

November 15, 2013
    Arena - Madrid, Spain

November 16, 2013
    Coliseum - Lisbon, Portugal

Halestorm & Shinedown are support acts for the U.K run

66 days to go. Yes I am actually counting down the days!!! :D

I haven't heard Halestorm but I have heard a few songs by Shinedown. The singer has a really powerful voice. Would love to be going!

• Advertisement

OMG I just got a reply from Alter Bridge on Twitter!!! I wonder who controls that account.. I tweeted about the band and the reply just said "you rock!" And I had a fangirl moment! :D

OMG I just got a reply from Alter Bridge on Twitter!!! I wonder who controls that account.. I tweeted about the band and the reply just said "you rock!" And I had a fangirl moment! :D

I think it's Michael who controls both Alter Bridge's Facebook & Twitter accounts

I was thinking that. It still made my day!! :D

I was thinking that. It still made my day!! :D

Lucky you getting a reply from Alter Bridge :P, you'd be over the moon if you found out they were following you on Twitter

That'd never happen. I'm really not that interesting! Lol :p:)

That'd never happen. I'm really not that interesting! Lol :p:)

You might get a surprise 1 of these days

Halestorm - The other support act for Alter Bridge's UK run along with Shinedown

image.jpg

I'd love that.

Oh yeah I knew there was something I had to Google. I'll have a look when I'm on my laptop next. I'm using my phone now.

On another note..... Cover & tracklisting for Fortress to be announced this week :D

Oh I just read on Twitter that'll be released on Wednesday! :D

• Advertisement

I've retweeted it from Mark Tremonti, excitement is slowly rising for Fortress :D

It was on Facebook too. I think people are getting sick of me sharing/retweeting AB related posts!!! :o

I think people are getting sick of me sharing/retweeting AB related posts!!! :o

Or maybe all your sharing/retweeting of anything Alter Bridge related could be leading to your friends checking them out and finding an awesome band

I really really hope so. They need to be heard by more people. :)

I always get goosebumps watching this, Myles and an acoustic guitar is just beautiful, and when the crowd kick in on Watch Over You, extra goosebumps

Oh I've seen that... it's amazing!!! :D

Japanese fans will be getting their hands on Fortress before the rest of the world, it drops in Japan September 18th. And a fan made cover for Fortress has surfaced

1012431_10153106998730192_1049472098_n.jpg

Me thinks this would make an awesome cover, i actually jumped the gun thinking it was real until i saw the words FAN ART..

Just saw that... I want to move to Japan! :o

That fan art is amazing, kinda wishing it was the real cover! Can't wait to see the real one though. :D

Just saw that... I want to move to Japan! :o

That fan art is amazing, kinda wishing it was the real cover! Can't wait to see the real one though. :D

We've waited 3 long years for a new Alter Bridge album, what's the harm in another 12 days wait :P, even though it's only the cover & tracklisting that's being announced, i'm like a kid at Christmas time just waiting patiently :D

• Advertisement

Yeah true. I wonder will we get it before the UK? It's being released in Holland on the 27th of September. :)

Me too! I'm sitting here going "I wish it was Wednesday!" :o

Advertisement