Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Recording for album #6 begins in January 2019.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Did anyone check this, apparently it gives a hint on when they play in specific areas, for me it gives August 2019, given that I am in Northern Ireland it could be pointing an a tour in England rather than a Dublin date.

https://www.wearenotyourkind.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

They'll have left Europe by the time August rolls around they announced the summer tour months back.

They'll have left Europe by the time August rolls around they announced the summer tour months back.

Maybe the album release date? that means they wouldn't be playing much new material at the June concerts then

yes the album is going to be released 9th August it says now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Posting a statement on their official website, Slipknot have say:
    “Slipknot’s focus is on making album #6, and our upcoming shows around the world, our best ever. Chris knows why he is no longer a part of Slipknot. We are disappointed that he chose to point fingers and manufacture claims, rather than doing what was necessary to continue to be a part of Slipknot. We would have preferred he not take the path that he has, but evolution in all things is a necessary part of this life.

“Long Live The Knot.”

So someone replied to Corey responded to someone saying it was a "bit dickish" about former vocalist Anders Colsefni coming back into the band, which led to this response from Corey.

https://twitter.com/CoreyTaylorRock/status/1107680964979752960

This has a big impact on the stage persona of the band, he was an iconic figure, obviously that would happen 3 months before I first see them, I bet clown will die the day before Download.

This has a big impact on the stage persona of the band, he was an iconic figure, obviously that would happen 3 months before I first see them, I bet clown will die the day before Download.

Will Chris's departure really have that much impact? Clown can just as easily do his job...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Those two percussionists have robbed a living for about 20 years in fairness.

• Advertisement

New track being teased for Thursday, and they'll be on Kimmel on Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Continuation of a return to form for the Knot.

Does anyone else want to hear a trademark whack of a barrel keg at certain points during the prechorus/chorus or thereabouts?!

There's far too much talk about masks in the Slipknot community, it is true that costumes are a distraction to the music

There's far too much talk about masks in the Slipknot community, it is true that costumes are a distraction to the music

I've never heard anyone who's a fan of the band ever mention this before.

Their 2 songs from Jimmy Kimmel Live this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Posting a statement on their official website, Slipknot have say:

'rather than doing what was necessary to stay', this will stink for some time, especially after the JJ incident.
    I agree that it will undermine their image if members start arguing over money and become expendable.

Unsainted is a belter though it's a shame all out life won't be on the new album.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Slipknot
    It is with a broken heart, and from a place of the deepest pain, that I have to inform all of you that my youngest daughter, Gabrielle, passed away yesterday - Saturday May 18th, 2019. She was 22 years old. Funeral arrangements will be forthcoming. My family and I ask that our privacy be respected moving forward. Thank you.

Much love,
    clown

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

So sad, thoughts are with his family.
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Panthro wrote: »
    So sad, thoughts are with his family.
    RIP

Just seen this on the news feed, man that's so sad. God bless. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I do prefer Unsainted to All out life. It has a pretty catchy chorus and feels a bit more Slipknot like. Coreys new mask looks like he's having an allergic reaction to something

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I've never heard anyone who's a fan of the band ever mention this before.

That's because most of the fans obsess over the masks, you just had to look at the reddit page last week, all talk about masks but little about what the upcoming song would be like. The original reason why they wore masks was to make their performances about the music and not the performers but now they are most famous for the masks so it had the opposite impact.

That's because most of the fans obsess over the masks, you just had to look at the reddit page last week, all talk about masks but little about what the upcoming song would be like. The original reason why they wore masks was to make their performances about the music and not the performers but now they are most famous for the masks so it had the opposite impact.

Well if your using Slipknot's sub reddit as your metric for "most of the fans", you're reading too much into it, the masks are obviously going to be part of the conversation cause the band have been on hiatus since the end of the touring for .5 The Gray Chapter. Plus with each new album usually comes news masks, or slight variations/modifications.

As for not talking about what the song would sound like, I'd wager that those who follow the band know exactly what they're getting whenever a new Slipknot song or album is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Streaming their Rock Am Ring set on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Streaming their Rock Am Ring set on Sunday!

Streaming on YouTube for anyone looking for it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Watching it now! Roll on Download next weekend.
    Surprised to see Clown doing the tour, poor guy

Drooling over some of the guitars

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

Just seen Dublin is there first port of call for the european tour early next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭PCros

Would be nice if Korn joined them again, cracker of a gig back in 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Any rough idea of dates? I.e spring, summer or autumn?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭PCros

Degag wrote: »
    Any rough idea of dates? I.e spring, summer or autumn?

I would be guessing early next year, possibly very similar date to 2015.

Advertisement