Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2019, 19:01   #616
dulux99

Any more rumours about a new fight night?
Advertisement
07-02-2019, 20:00   #617
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulux99 View Post
Any more rumours about a new fight night?
Nada, I think ea have UFC license for one more game. I have a feeling they might not renew it after that. Will be interesting to see what happens.
12-04-2019, 13:52   #618
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

A UFC 4 survey surfaced online and was confirmed legit by an EA Game Changer

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/P8bwgEq

Some very weird questions like 'you want a great intuitive grappling system?' mmm no, I don't want that at all. Also, 'would you like fantasy skins for fighters? Vampires, werewolves, sea monsters, etc.?'

As for career, they just mention a 'career mode coach' who you make decisions with that can open new paths. Sounds like fluff to me and I'm still hoping for a 'Be the coach' mode where you have a gym and roster of fighters to train and fight as them if you wish.

Lead developer Harrower has hinted they are working on 4 and just put out a live tuner update yesterday. He also released a detailed post on how the rocked state meta works as people were complaining about it.

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...tate-meta.html
Thanks from:
12-04-2019, 13:54   #619
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

So, yer thoughts/wishes on UFC 4? I just want a career mode rehaul. Last one was an improvement but it still got boring quick. UT needs to go back to how it was in UT but keeping some stuff like the seasons. They are the 2 modes that keep me print and UFC 3 really didn't hold my attention as long as 2 even though Thessaly it has the better gameplay.
12-04-2019, 14:26   #620
martyos121

That's a really interesting piece from Geoff, going to study it a bit more later on. Only with the latest patch have I finally settled into the game properly, seen it all at this stage and apart from about 10-15 really high level players, everyone else fits a certain style and once you cop it, every fight is easier. Managed to crack the world top 100 in UT but the mode is dying and it can be hard to find matches at times.

They don't need to change much gameplay-wise for UFC 4 in my opinion, the learning curve is extremely steep but now that I've spent so much time on the game, I'd be pissed if they fiddled too much with it. It's a pretty fair game at the highest level and every spam has a counter. Only two things they need to take out are the OP driving takedowns and knockdown to cage seated position. Lads who spam those are easily beatable but so damn boring to fight.

Career needs to be completely overhauled, same with UT but to a lesser degree. Love the idea of Be A Coach mode Zero, that's something that would interest me a lot. Live Event rewards make them not worth doing, they need to improve those, and the Live Competitions format needs to be addressed too.

UFC 3 is actually an excellent MMA game though. They just need to overhaul some game modes and fine tune the gameplay a bit more.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
12-04-2019, 17:55   #621
Axwell

If they kept the gameplay from 3 and overhauled the career mode and UT massively id be happy enough. Those are the modes I wanted to sink time into in UFC3 and ended up giving up on after a while, instead now I just go online for a few scraps and haven't bothered with getting better at the game or improving aspects of my gameplay. Its literally something I stick on to pass an hour when instead I hoped for something that would keep my attention and make me want to progress through the modes.

Sadly I can't see them improving either of them massively, career mode has always been poor and UT was pretty poor. UT in FIFA is the holy grail that any of their other games try to attain, its a money making machine so any changes to UT will most likely be with monetisation as the goal so different packs, perks you can buy etc rather than improved gameplay. That's just my opinion, hopefully I am wrong..

Haven't read the articles etc but 'career mode coach' just sounds like some (AI) coaching you through your career rather than you being a coach etc. With decisions maybe having bigger impact.
Thanks from:
12-04-2019, 18:47   #622
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Yeah, agree fully with ye. MMA is an extremely complex sport to mimic in code while trying to please casual and Harcore fans alike but usually upsetting both groups. EA wanting fifa money but that will never happen . From interactions online, the 'modes' guy doesn't seem as interested in making developments like Geoff is doing with gameplay. 1 tweet to Geoff about a move looking wrong or dodgy damage/spam possibility, etc, he'd be looking into it straight away. I've seen the ultimate team guy try engage with fans but he went silent pretty quick.

I just don't have faith in their modes and that's the main selling point for me. Will obviously get next game on launch but probably not the ultimate edition like last time, what a ripoff.

That coach mode just sounds like a head will pop on the screen and say 'who do you wanna fight next'. I remember when they were talking about the weigh ins for 3, sounded like they were gonna be a big deal but turned out to be fluff.

Like you Axwel, I stopped trying to get better at the game, just didn't have the drive to keep improving. That Bollox Marty sounds like he'd be a tough scrap now.

You still dry humping to decisions Marty or did you actually find the punch and kick buttons yet???
(2) thanks from:
12-04-2019, 19:10   #623
martyos121

Haha feck you Zero.

Nah it’s funny that my striking is actually the better part of my game now, but still handy enough on the ground when the fight goes there (I’m not the one shooting anymore though, hard to believe I’m sure ).

Honestly I wouldn’t be able to get to the same level in ranked, UT is great if you put the groundwork in and get the right moves on your fighters, while keeping certain stats as high as possible. I’ve settled on my team of 4 now (all of them are 5 stars because even 4 won’t get the job done anymore, if you’re using a gold fighter, forget about it). Haven’t spent a penny on the mode myself, but sometimes I’ll come up against guys with ridiculous fighters full of 5 star moves and you know straight away they’ve probably spent hundreds on the game.

Would love a few scraps with some of ye here one of the nights, the tournament fell by the wayside but it’d be fun to just have a few casual bouts and try out different fighters.
(2) thanks from:
12-04-2019, 20:47   #624
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Sounds good man, I'm gonna make a better effort to get on for a few scraps with ye, always the best laugh with this game was with ye on here.

Speaking of UT, are your 5 star guys all real fighters or custom ones? I haven't touched the mode in ages, are gold restricted to 3 star? Just interested if everyone you fight is still always Conor.
Advertisement
12-04-2019, 21:02   #625
martyos121

Only 1 of them (MW) is custom but he’s by far my best guy. Ferguson, Cormier and Nunes are the others but if I need wins I go for my CAF because as you said Zero, nearly every fight at LW is against McGregor and it’s so boring. At HW, every fight is against Cormier and at WBW every fight is against Nunes. I hate using the two of them but they’re the only competitive items in their divisions.

Love using Ferguson to beat up the Conor fanboys though, have a 3 star necktie card on him which is rare enough so whenever they get rocked and try to panic wrestle, I can sprawl and sub them 80% of the time.

Really wish I had more custom fighters as you can choose their stance which is extremely important I’ve found out, but it’s just not worth it if they aren’t 5 stars. Not entirely sure what you mean by restricted, but if you fight as a 3 star, you can still be matched against 5 star opponents, if that’s what you mean?

It’s a pretty deep mode if you play it a lot, but I wouldn’t recommend getting into it at this stage. You’d be playing catch-up and lose interest quickly unless you spent money on it I reckon.
Thanks from:
12-04-2019, 21:27   #626
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Good stuff, yeah with the gold I thought gold cards only went to 3 stars and then you need special event cards for 4 and 5? Might have that totally wrong.

I just remember having to grind tokens to trade them for a chance at a good card and constantly unlocking grapplers who only have good stats in clinch, was infuriating and boring.
12-04-2019, 22:02   #627
martyos121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Cool View Post
Good stuff, yeah with the gold I thought gold cards only went to 3 stars and then you need special event cards for 4 and 5? Might have that totally wrong.

I just remember having to grind tokens to trade them for a chance at a good card and constantly unlocking grapplers who only have good stats in clinch, was infuriating and boring.
You can use those daily tokens on champion fighter sets. Most of them are 4 star fighters, but McGregor, Cormier and Nunes are all 5 star. You can get some 4 stars in event packs but they’re usually not great, keep an eye on promos because that’s where the bulk of the 5 star fighters are coming from. The current one will give you 5 star “bizarro” fighters if you grind the solo challenges, so you could get 5 star versions of certain fighters if they were the complete opposite of their real life selves. So you can get a Rousey or Khabib who are elite strikers, or the likes of Wonderboy and McGregor with lethal ground games.

If you finished the daily objectives most days for a month or so, you’d have enough tokens for at least one 5 star fighter, if not 2. The whole mode is overly complicated and full of shîte promos like that which are rarely worth your time, but other than that it’s great. I think I just like the misery.
15-05-2019, 22:37   #628
Zero-Cool
Wanted Level

Megan getting added to 3 or EA collecting scans for 4?

I'm guessing 4 will be announced at E3 in June.

https://twitter.com/MeganA_mma/statu...563105794?s=19
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion