Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Troubled Molar

• 03-05-2019 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, Looking for some advice.

Having a bit of bother with lower back molar. No pain on biting, no sensitivity to hot or cold and no sponteous pain but, well its hard to describe...an awareness of the tooth and some very mild nerve feeling that comes and goes. I wouldnt descirbe it as pain but more a sensation.

To give some background: about a year ago my wisdom tooth next to this mola, developed a crack and had to be removed.
    Within a month this tooth, which had a filling in it, also developed a crack. Dentist couldn't see it and it didn't show on xray but it was a typical microsopic crack. Dentist found where it was and removed filling , drilled away crack and refilled. no problems until the last two months.

I went to dentist abotu a month ago re this tooth. he took xrays and fiddled around, but could see no problem. said to wait and see.

so this is where im at. some days all good, other days im alot more aware of it. Husband thinks its all in my head. Im ready to have tooth extracted and replaced with an implant!

Advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Fishorsealant

Hi can you post x rays.

Is the tooth alive? Did your dentist test this?

Does it hurt when you release after biting?
    Can you trigger the nerve pain by pushing on the cusps of tooth at an angle/obliquely? Is the sensation sharp/nerve pain that lasts a few seconds after this?

Speculating!! I think it's possible that you might have cracked tooth syndrome.
    Was it a composite/white filling? If this relieved the sensation for a few months then this could be diagnostic. Usually the pain comes back because the bond holding the crack weakens on the filling eventually. You can't always see the crack clinically and usually not radiographically at all.

Advertisement