Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordered from amazon.co.uk lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Pacifico wrote: »
    Did you get anywhere with them? I asked the same question today and surprisingly they couldn’t answer! Ended up cancelling prime...

I complained about the much longer dispatch times for Irish orders and they said they would refund me for 3 months of prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

VG31 wrote: »
    I complained about the much longer dispatch times for Irish orders and they said they would refund me for 3 months of prime.

I gave it a go and got nowhere, they said that NI and Republic are served from different Fulfillment Centers, stock delays yadayada. Which if funny because looking in my recycle bin they are all from Man1 regardless of parcel motel or Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I gave it a go and got nowhere, they said that NI and Republic are served from different Fulfillment Centers, stock delays yadayada. Which if funny because looking in my recycle bin they are all from Man1 regardless of parcel motel or Irish address.

This is what I got as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

Not Amazon but ordered 5 different items on ebay, all supposedly being delivered from the UK by Royal Mail - one item - not the first I ordered - somehow came on time, the other 4 have all gone missing past their delivery dates with no information about where they are and what is happening.

The_Brood wrote: »
    Not Amazon but ordered 5 different items on ebay, all supposedly being delivered from the UK by Royal Mail - one item - not the first I ordered - somehow came on time, the other 4 have all gone missing past their delivery dates with no information about where they are and what is happening.

My ebay Royal Mail ones from last 3 weeks
    Dispatched 24th April to PM- Not delivered yet
    Dispatched 4th May to PM - Delivered Parcel Motel 12th May - Not on PM account yet
    Dispatched 4th May to PM - Not delivered yet
    Dispatched 6th May to PM - Not delivered yet
    Dispatched 7th May to Home - Not delivered yet
    Dispatched 9th May to AP - Not Delivered yet

Had 7 Hermes, 2 parcel force 48, 3 deutsch post ebay parcels in the same timeframe with no significant delays.

Amazon from last 3 weeks (all in stock and, sold by amazon):

Placed 24th April - Dispatched 4th May - Delivered 11th May Cork
    Placed 25th April - Dispatched 26th April - Delivered 1st May Cork
    Placed 25th April - Dispatched 26th April Delivered 27th April Parcel Motel
    Placed 29th April - Dispatched 5th May - Delivered 7th May Cork
    Placed 1st May - Dispatched 3rd May - Delivered 4th May Parcel Motel
    Placed 4th of May - Cancelled 13th of May as not Dispatched, Bought elsewhere (estimated delivery at time of order 7th- 8th May)
    Placed 4th May- Dispatched 12 May - Not Delivered (estimated delivery at time of order 7th- 8th May)
    Placed 4th May - Dispatched 12th May - Delivered 14th May
    Placed 6th May - Dispatched 12th May - Delivered 13th May
    Placed 9th May - Not Dispatched
    Placed 12th May - Not dispatched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Had a DPD delivered last Sunday. Must be doing deliveries 7 days a week

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

My item ordered on the 29/04 vanished - AN POST tracking number invalid (apparently sent on the 06/05, Support has no clue where it is

Ordered a replacement yesterday but now it is out of stock and the other seller has it at 30 quid more

Seriously annoyed as needed the wifi mesh solution to fix the Virgin crap router and disappearing signal

First time ever have an Amazon delivery that is just vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Everything on the site has an expected delivery date for may 24th at the earliest. Have gotten a good few things off them since the start of covid that usually arrived within a week.
    It seems to be slowing down a good bit.

Just checked. The same item can be delivered to parcel motel on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ebay _ DVD posted 23 April arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,454 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Spent an hour on chat trying to get an answer if delivery times to North and South for prime. Got as far as them saying it's 2 days to ROI. 3 different reasons off them. I gave up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Thingymebob

ablelocks wrote: »
    well, the delay on my package is nothing to do with Amazon. got a notice in my amazon account that DPD couldn't deliver to me today, (like, I'm here, with nowhere to go?) When i checked the tracking, my order was dispatched by amazon on the 6th, and arrived in Athlone on the 7th.

So DPD have had it since last Thursday, it wasn't scheduled for dispatch to me until yesterday and they failed to deliver it today.

DPD are having big issues. I got a notice saying that DPD tried to deliver to me today, but couldn’t and DPD are now awaiting further instructions. When I dug further into the tracking, the parcel is still in Hinckley UK hub, so obviously no delivery attempt. I sat on hold to DPD for 83 minutes this afternoon before I was told this an Amazon notification error, that actually the package couldn’t fit on the truck from the UK and it will hopefully get on in the next five days. They’re overloaded. DPD said I was one of many contacting them after receiving the same ‘failed attempt’ Amazon Generated notification

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭Tork

I've ordered a few things off them lately which were given dispatch dates way into the future. All of them were dispatched much earlier than it said on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

question - do amazon have a warehouse based in Ireland or does everything come from the UK and the continent?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,254 ✭✭✭✭ted1

fryup wrote: »
    question - do amazon have a warehouse based in Ireland or does everything come from the UK and the continent?

Just data centres and a big office. All stuff. Ones from mostly UK but can be various European warehouses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Parcelmotel would wanna get their fingers out of their rears

Got notification off amazon that order delivered to parcelmotel on Monday morning , only just got notification it teached dublin 10 mins ago ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Looking at tvs on amazon and it seems in a lot of cases they don't deliver them to Ireland. Any way around this? I assume the packages are too large for parcel motel, addresspal etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Looking at tvs on amazon and it seems in a lot of cases they don't deliver them to Ireland. Any way around this? I assume the packages are too large for parcel motel, addresspal etc?

They just deliver them to your local parcelmotel depot ( big warehouse and not locker ) then charge you €7 for oversized item

• Registered Users Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I use parcel wizard when the sellers on amazon don't post to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭The_Brood

All silent and dead. Funny thing is even food stores that have books - like Tesco - have specifically closed their book sections in store for no other reason than that books are not essential - again, even though the books are in the fully opened store itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,848 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Coming soon.

They're recruiting atm.

• Advertisement

Parcelmotel would wanna get their fingers out of their rears

Got notification off amazon that order delivered to parcelmotel on Monday morning , only just got notification it teached dublin 10 mins ago ffs

I'd say they're pretty snowed under at the moment because of so many people online shopping. It's not helping that many (more?) items on Amazon can't be shipped directly to Ireland these days, leaving people with no option but to avail of redirection services.

I'm finding them a bit slower now but that's understandable given the circumstances. I got an email from them this morning to say that my item has arrived into their Dublin Depot - it was delivered to Belfast yesterday. The email says it could take up to 3 days for it to make into the local locker so I'll see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Fife, Bristol and Manchester.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

They are (or at least pre Covid, they were) reported to be scouting for a warehouse location here.

An Post told me on a call a little while back that a normal week has 15-20k packages from Amazon for Ireland. At the moment it's at or above christmas levels, around 40k weekly.

This crisis will only be good for Amazon in the long run - it'll convert a lot of people from bricks and mortar to online and not just for goods but for working and meeting too. (A significant proportion of those services powered by AWS).

The benefits people discover now will in some cases last a lifetime, and when you add the benefit of delivery times going back to normal, they'll be even happier.

Im not sure that it will, I will never buy clothes online again, too many times the item has come and its too big, too small, doesn't look like i thought it did. also for a lot of people shopping in a bricks and mortar shop is a hobby, you cant replace that with buying online. it is better to buy here in a bricks and mortar shop as the money is staying in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Im not sure that it will, I will never buy clothes online again, too many times the item has come and its too big, too small, doesn't look like i thought it did. also for a lot of people shopping in a bricks and mortar shop is a hobby, you cant replace that with buying online. it is better to buy here in a bricks and mortar shop as the money is staying in the country.

If your ordering books remember local indepedent book stores have a special postage rate now with on post. Some of the older ones may not have a website site but all you have to do is pick up the phone.

Reducing what im buying from Amazon after the whole issue with wearhouse workers at the beginning of the covid crisis. Also bare in mind of fakes goods on the site. Channel four recently had a programm on Amazon and this was one issue highlighted..one example was they were selling kyle jenner lip kits which were knockoffs as she doesnt sell via amazon. Also toys may not have passed the CE mark either

Frikken ridiculous dispatch times at the moment waiting 10 days for a power saw I needed last week to dispatch, I can still order the same saw now and have delivered to addresspal on Monday. I'm cancelling all my outstanding urgent orders as 'would not arrive on time' and reordering elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭addaword

pgj2015 wrote: »

Correct. All the money going out of the country means people unemployed here. Full stop.

If your ordering books remember local indepedent book stores have a special postage rate now with on post. Some of the older ones may not have a website site but all you have to do is pick up the phone.

Reducing what im buying from Amazon after the whole issue with wearhouse workers at the beginning of the covid crisis. Also bare in mind of fakes goods on the site. Channel four recently had a programm on Amazon and this was one issue highlighted..one example was they were selling kyle jenner lip kits which were knockoffs as she doesnt sell via amazon. Also toys may not have passed the CE mark either

I used to buy a good bit of stuff from amazon but i have hugely cut down, one reason is i want the money to stay in Ireland so i shop local and the other is there is an awful lot of very poor products on amazon, a lot of it is fake i think, yet you pay the proper price.

addaword wrote: »
    Correct. All the money going out of the country means people unemployed here. Full stop.

Time for Irish retailers to up their online game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Tork wrote: »
    Time for Irish retailers to up their online game.

And their customer service,simple things like responding to questions about items for sale, delivery details like which courier,Irish companies use the internet as a last resort to selling,rather than a first option,stick a staff member online for half a day to reply to emails ,it will help .

Advertisement