Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pet pictures to cheer us up(link to A&PI thread in op)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

rex just wants to know are we going to chase the ball.... Every 30 minutes...
    505712.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Muppet Man wrote: »
    rex just wants to know are we going to chase the ball.... Every 30 minutes...
    In fairness MM terriers are basically a little furry bag of cocaine on legs. How they put up with people I'll never know. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

In order of appearance. Esmae, Mr C & Hermoine and then Ravel who is a neighbourhood pooch that sometimes follows us home. We do have another guinea pig named Bea but she was snoozing elsewhere.
    505715.jpeg
    505716.jpeg
    505717.jpeg
    505718.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

The pets are lovely, but the real thrill is getting a peep into people's houses. The full room views are best, but even a couch is worth a look.

...and we can judge people here even more from afar.

em_cat wrote: »
    In order of appearance. Esmae, Mr C & Hermoine and then Ravel who is a neighbourhood pooch that sometimes follows us home. We do have another guinea pig named Bea but she was snoozing elsewhere.

The yorkie is the absolute spit of the dog character from that Labyrinth movie with David Bowie....."tally ho!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Duff wrote: »
    Here's Bear - The best, and most photogenic dog I've ever owned.

Wow, he's like an oil painting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

The two adopted dogs in post 2 a year later.
    The two girls are now about 14, and on their "holidays" in Co Wexford until tomorrow.

505725.JPG

505726.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Joey
    505730.jpeg

505739.jpeg
    73CCA91C-9C84-46B5-9D72-BE0264933D69.jpeg

Bailey (L) and Tara (R) half brother and sister

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Duff wrote: »
    Here's Bear - The best, and most photogenic dog I've ever owned.

rsz-20200315-104659.jpg

He's a stunner. He also looks like he should be smoking a pipe.

• Advertisement

Lots of dogs. Here's a photo of my cat I took a while ago.. Extremely affectionate.

CoXYA97.jpg

Lots of dogs. Here's a photo of my cat I took a while ago.. Extremely affectionate.

CoXYA97.jpg

He / she is gorgeous!
    I'm more of a dog person, but I love cats too. That's a beaut

• Registered Users Posts: 34 doodledoo2

bubblypop wrote: »
    He / she is gorgeous!
    I'm more of a dog person, but I love cats too. That's a beaut

Really is gorgeous. And in typical cat fashion is completely immobilising your right arm! Cats are so wonderfully selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 doodledoo2

Ok I'm really sorry if I'm spamming this thread, animals are my thing :o

If any folks are near enough to the botanic gardens and feeling cooped up, we had a fantastic afternoon there today. My daughter was jumped on by a squirrel, son was followed by a couple of ducks for his chocolate chip hobnob, and we spotted one of the two turtles that live in the pond. The greenhouses are closed but it's still a really nice place to visit.
    505796.jpg
    505797.jpg
    505798.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Crikey Ads by Google, that is one stunning black beauty.

Male or female? Looks like a female with those Cleopatra eyes but male cats can look feminine too. They sometimes look like they're wearing eyeliner. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Sister's cat not giving a damn.

505809.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Raconteuse wrote: »
    They sometimes look like they're wearing eyeliner. :D

I wonder if the Egyptians wore it as a homage to cats...

Crikey Ads by Google, that is one stunning black beauty.

Male or female? Looks like a female with those Cleopatra eyes but male cats can look feminine too. They sometimes look like they're wearing eyeliner. :D

Male. Tried twice to have him spayed but they couldn't find his balls. Poor little fella.

srBctGc.jpg

When he was young and had to be shaved. (not my legs)

uxYZDpO.jpg

Been off work since January because of all this chaos. Very happy to have him around following me everywhere I go.

Man..I was just thinking today that I'm more sickened than usual in the current climate that I don't have a dog..I'd have one only for the shift I work,..

Man..I was just thinking today that I'm more sickened than usual in the current climate that I don't have a dog..I'd have one only for the shift.
    Ah now, companionship should be sufficient. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ah now, companionship should be sufficient. :pac:

I don't know how to respond to that..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks to everyone that posted pictures of your dogs,they've really cheered me up, this just reaffirms that dogs are my favorite animal ever!!!!

Thanks to everyone that posted pictures of your dogs,they've really cheered me up, this just reaffirms that dogs are my favorite animal ever!!!!

Wtf!? Seph would never say that.. has he been hacked..or...Omg... HE'S GOT THE VIRUS!!!!!!!!!!

They're all gorgeous beautiful babies every last one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Whooo let tha dooogs in... :pac: seriously dogs are for outside; cats are for inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

My two Walt & Jessie rather disappointed about yesterdays news

505836.jpeg

(edit - not sure why but my phone isn't seeing the pic so here's the boards link)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=505836&stc=1&d=1584361793

Haha brilliant photo Simon! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No furry creatures here to cheer me up at the moment unfortunately after my cat Buffy passed away just before Christmas, and now isn't a good time to be introducing a new pet to the home I think. However here is a gorgeous photo of her I took about a year before she passed at the ripe old age of 18. Most people don't believe she was 17 in that photo, she still looks just like she did when she was a kitten.

00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20181225160042599-COVER.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Here's Butty, another of our cats, she self isolates every day on her blanket on this bed, and allows nothing else into the room, sleeps all day, and heads out at night to do cat stuff
    505835.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Alun wrote: »
    No furry creatures here to cheer me up at the moment unfortunately after my cat Buffy passed away just before Christmas, and now isn't a good time to be introducing a new pet to the home I think. However here is a gorgeous photo of her I took about a year before she passed at the ripe old age of 18. Most people don't believe she was 17 in tha IMG]https://i.ibb.co/ZTwL1hh/00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20181225160042599-COVER.jpg[/IMG]

Lovely girl and a credit to you. My oldest is 16.

When I lost my dog AND one of my cats the same weekend, although I had two cats left, my wise family ordered me to " go and get three rescue cats" Which I did. and their huge need eased my pain. They are on my photos here; Selkie, Bella and Oliver.

Advertisement