Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great to be single!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

seenitall wrote: »
    ^ So easy to tell who's single and who isn't in this kind of threads! :p

Who said anything about me being single.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭seenitall

Who said anything about me being single.

Who indeed? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I know someone who was after popping out their third kid. They had the cheek to ask me if I would ever have them.
    That's when you say "What would I want your kids for? Look what they've done to you."

Definitely don't want kids. But don't want to stay single either.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Jesus trying to change a duvet by yourself is tough going !! Esp one of them crusty ones !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭ygolometsipe

Patser wrote: »
    Or else you'll die alone..... Cold, cold and alone with no-one to mourn over your grave.
    Alooooooone!!!

To be fair this is a bit unbalanced. There is no guarantee your children will give a sh1t about you, they might even end up addicts or serious criminals or worse. You could have a family but maybe some unfortunate event or even
    a brutal divorce means you are alone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Some say that it's Manly to get married young: The Surprising Benefits of Marrying Young on The Art of Manliness:
    Rather than proving the superiority of marrying young, my goal with this article is to simply provide some reassurance to the young gents out there who are in their early to mid-twenties, have already met the right person, and feel like they’re ready to get hitched, but are scared to pull the trigger because they’ve heard the constant drumbeat of “Marry young and you’ll regret it!” In truth, you needn’t be afraid to take the plunge; as a study that analyzed marrying age and future happiness concluded: “most persons have little or nothing to gain in the way of marital success by deliberately postponing marriage beyond the mid twenties.”

In other words, once you’ve found the gal you can’t live without, you should absolutely feel confident in deciding to take on the rest of your lives side-by-side, and embarking with her on one of life’s greatest adventures.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

rodge68 wrote: »
    Jesus trying to change a duvet by yourself is tough going !! Esp one of them crusty ones !!

Ir involves stuffing a ****ing duvet into a large bag. If you can get a condom on while drunk in the dark you can mange a duvet.
    Some of you lot give Irish mammies a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Jesus, my life must be your nightmare. 23, married over a year, second child on the way :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I **** furiously on the living room floor with a banana up my ass just to remind myself how awesome being single is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I **** furiously on the living room floor with a banana up my ass just to remind myself how awesome being single is

Sounds apeeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

...and your username is a credit to that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Bananas are very easily mushed..

mikom wrote: »
    Sounds apeeling.

That's very nice.
    Very nice indeed

Allyall wrote: »

Then you can go down the cucumber or kitchen utensil route

...and your username is a credit to that fact.

I didn't murder anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

It's great to be in any situation that you want to be in.

If that is, you're lucky enough to be in the situation that you wanna be in.

If not, then it sucks to be in a situation that you don't want to be in.

tl;dr

Any situation can be great if it's what you want and any situation can suck if it's you one you don't want.

Jerry Springer final thoughts. Episode 4221.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

It's great to be single. You can sleep with who you want.

Can you now? I wish someone had told me when I was single.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Tis great, peace at last, peace at least :) uh huh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Patser

To be fair this is a bit unbalanced. There is no guarantee your children will give a sh1t about you, they might even end up addicts or serious criminals or worse. You could have a family but maybe some unfortunate event or even
    a brutal divorce means you are alone again.

Then they'll show up to pee on my grave. I'll still be warm and around family, rather than cold and alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Allyall wrote: »

By the time some of ye get married, that's all you will be fit to eat.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

What makes you think that you'll be able to find a keeper at 30 after spending your whole life whoring and drinking?

In relationship at 17, married at 29, first baby at...40.

Marriage changed nothing in the going out and having craic stakes. Kid changed everything. It's fantastic, but social life has gone over a cliff.

But I had a great innings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

39, first baby due in December. I agree about the social pressure though - let people do what they want. Nothing worse than have a recent newlywed or parent say "you should try it out" or "i highly recommend it"

39, first baby due in December. I agree about the social pressure though - let people do what they want. Nothing worse than have a recent newlywed or parent say "you should try it out" or "i highly recommend it"

I can't stand that whole baby thing. The way people almost lose their personality and become consumed by their children and prescribe having kids, their FaceBook pages become rammed with photos of their kids rather than them, it's like they give up on themselves and become just a parent, somewhere in the background. Had hoped to maintain my own social life, but that just was a non runner, being too hungover with a baby. But would never speak about the baby unless asked, before we had ours I remember other peoples kids being the single most uninteresting topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The day we got engaged, my wife's cousin asked how many kids we were going to have.

Just because she was having a competition with her sister to see who could produce the most offspring.

She suggested 3, for the record, which was nice. A pro tip, like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

Breaking News! Being single does not mean no sex. ;)

Being married could very well mean no sex depending on her mood.

I tend to be classy about things so get the ride and move on.

If you want to have the most sex you cohabitate. Cohabiting couples have the most sex more than married couples and more than singles. For some reason after a cohabiting couple gets married the sex goes down?

Be honest though even if your a Don Juan, handsome and rich mutherfcuker its still hard to get laid regularly when your single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 squiggledash

A friend of mine got involved with an older woman at age 17 she was 28 by age 21 he had 4 kids and a vasectomy. The youngest person I know of that had a vasectomy. I called round to his house one time and his kids are all nuts one was mashing brocolli into his hair the other was running around screaming at the top of his lungs for no reason. When his business got in trouble his misses kicked him out seemingly that happens a lot.

Heres the thing..happiest fcuker I ever met. Genuinely. Happiness is largely a state of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you want to have the most sex you cohabitate. Cohabiting couples have the most sex more than married couples and more than singles. For some reason after a cohabiting couple gets married the sex goes down?
    Cohabiting couples appear to have more sex because most cohabiting couples have not been cohabiting that long and they're still in the honeymoon phase.

Of course, you do get the phenomenon of those who'll have lot's of sex until there's a ring on the finger, at which point one party having decided that they no longer have to have sex for the commitment, begin to withhold it, but I suspect this is very much the exception rather than the rule.

Reality is that the frequency of sex decreases over time - some more than others - regardless of whether they are married or just cohabiting.
    Be honest though even if your a Don Juan, handsome and rich mutherfcuker its still hard to get laid regularly when your single.
    Well, if by hard you mean it involves more effort that rolling onto your partner first thing in the morning, then yes. Relationships breed laziness where it comes to sex.

If you mean that it is tough work to get laid at least once a week when technically single (or 'dating'), then no. It's not.
    When his business got in trouble his misses kicked him out seemingly that happens a lot.

Heres the thing..happiest fcuker I ever met. Genuinely. Happiness is largely a state of mind.
    A lot of battered spouses are happy to stay in abusive relationships too apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

A lot of battered spouses are happy to stay in abusive relationships too apparently.

Staying in an abusive relationship doesn't mean someone is happy to stay in an abusive relationship.

Advertisement