Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Invalidity Pension

• 22-10-2020 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am from Ireland.

I suffered a Severe Debilitating injury in 2018.

I had not worked in Ireland in 2016, 17 or 18.

I received illness benefit in 2018 + 2019 + 2020 and applied also for Invalidity Pension. The rules are you must have 1) 260 (5 years) paid PRSI contributions since entering social insurance AND
    48 weeks of paid or credited PRSI contributions in the last or second last completed year before the start date of your permanent incapacity for work.

I satisified 1 but not 2 as I was abroad.

So here is my question - if I attempt to go back to work in Ireland and last 3/4 months before I cannot continue does this move my start date of my permanent incapacity for work. Say Mid 2021 I cannot work anymore due to some medical issues that are not improving. Does these mean my Permanent Incapacity changes to 2021 as opposed to 2018.

If it does I will satisfy 1 and 2 as I will have 48 credited/paid contributions in the last completed year (2020) before the start date of my permanent incapacity for work.

This is just a worst case scenario as I hope I can get back to work and have no issues.

Many thanks
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Have you a PRSI record from abroad that could help you to meet the criteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JustAGuy1983

Have you a PRSI record from abroad that could help you to meet the criteria?

Unfortunately not no - I was working as a dive instructor in Honduras and it was paid cash. 🙈

Advertisement