Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasnevin St Paul's Section A

• 04-09-2020 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was given coordinates for a great uncles grave in Glasnevin St Paul's acriss the road from the main cemetery. He died 3 days old in 1916.
    I was surprised when they emailed me with the plot and grave number as I thought he would have been in some type of mass angels plot.

I have just visited and cannot find a section A.
    It seems to start at section B, C and so on.
    To me it looks like Section A has been covered by land and grass.

Has anyone any information on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

That's a great link bobbyy - ta.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Boss Of Bosses

bobbyy gee wrote: »

Thanks. That's the map I checked before heading down and I knew exactly where to go and all.
    But seems that section is gone

The site, on the opposite side of the Finglas Road to the larger Glasnevin Cemtery grounds, was used as a free-of-charge cemetery for the “poor of Dublin” during the early 1900s.its ment to be between 2 railway lines opposite main cemetery

• Advertisement

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    The site, on the opposite side of the Finglas Road to the larger Glasnevin Cemtery grounds, was used as a free-of-charge cemetery for the “poor of Dublin” during the early 1900s.its ment to be between 2 railway lines opposite main cemetery

Thanks Bobby.
    That makes sense alright. I was surprised when I heard the child was in a plot.
    I have got onto Lynn again, the Genealogist there who gave me the coordinates. I was surprised she would give them without stating the plot is covered now.
    I hope she can shed some light on it and I'm mistaken, but I checked top to bottom. Section B is the start.
    The map we have checked actually has some blue lines going across section A probably to show it's gone.

Just to Update, Glasnevin Trust got onto me today.
    Section A does not exist it is where the monument for 1916 soldiers is. The baby/children's plot is to the left of it and covered over with no recognition whatsoever.
    You wouldn't know there was anyone buried there. Sad really.
    But it's good to know for any future reference.

Advertisement