Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Renovation Incentive

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Is this scheme over then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

no, its very much in swing.
    all details are here, just make sure your contractor fills out online BEFORE you start work, if he can't or wont, then he shouldn't be charging VAT on his invoice to you at the end.

all details here:

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/hri/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Extended to Rental Properties, where the Landlord is liable for Income Tax.

Re Home Renovation Incentive Scheme

“The Home Renovation Incentive (HRI) has been extended to include landlords who are subject to income tax and can apply to repairs, renovations or improvements to rental properties carried out on or after today, 15th October 2014.

The conditions as regards lower and upper limits and the granting of the tax credit remain unchanged from those applying to HRI for homeowners.

Full details on the operation of HRI for landlords will be included in the Finance Bill, to be published on 23 October 2014, and will be available on www.revenue.ie within the next week to 10 days.”

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭my user name

I just got some work done - does the contractor have to get this work registered with HRI before end of year? or will it be ok if done in January

• Advertisement

I just got some work done - does the contractor have to get this work registered with HRI before end of year? or will it be ok if done in January

The refund is through your Tax Credits, in the following 2 years, so if it's registered by 31st Dec, you will get 50% in 2015 and 50% in 2016.

Leaving it until Jan will push the whole refund back by a full year.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 veliktom

I got some work done in Oct last year but neither myself nor the contractor were overly familiar with this scheme so the job never got logged on the revenue site. If the contractor goes in and logs the job now will I still be able to claim tax credits, and will they start this year or next year? Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Made my claim this morning, after all work input previously.

Be interesting to see now how long it takes to get added to tax credits.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Made my claim this morning, after all work input previously.

Made a claim, where, how ??

The way it should work is that you give your Property Tax Ref No to the Contractor, and that is linked to your Tax details.
    Be interesting to see now how long it takes to get added to tax credits.

In the two years following the work, 50% each year.

martinn123 wrote: »
    Made a claim, where, how ??

The way it should work is that you give your Property Tax Ref No to the Contractor, and that is linked to your Tax details.

In the two years following the work, 50% each year.

Herehttps://www.ros.ie/hri-web/login.html;rjsessionid=D357647B9759D3593ADF3D7A51527DC1?execution=e1s1. Contractor(s) have put up contracts & and payments.

However you actually have to go in and process the claim yourself. (only available from today 13/01/15 - had rang them last week as wasn't working)

And yes aware its 50% over in 2015 & 2016. (work in tax)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 bstens

Hi,
    can anyone tell me is it possible for my contractor to enter the details I paid him in Oct/September last year. He only logged my job in the last week or 2 on the HRI online site. I have only discovered to my own ignorance of the scheme that all the payments should have been added as they were being processed. I wrongly assumed that the claim was all dealt with after the work was done.

So I wish to get my contractor to enter the full amount I paid him now and claim on this? I am hoping I have not missed the boat on this!

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TutuKaka

Would the replacing of storage heaters in an apartment qualify for the scheme?

bstens wrote: »
    Hi,
    can anyone tell me is it possible for my contractor to enter the details I paid him in Oct/September last year. He only logged my job in the last week or 2 on the HRI online site. I have only discovered to my own ignorance of the scheme that all the payments should have been added as they were being processed. I wrongly assumed that the claim was all dealt with after the work was done.

So I wish to get my contractor to enter the full amount I paid him now and claim on this? I am hoping I have not missed the boat on this!

Thanks,

Use the link provided by kennyb3 above, to see if the details have been entered by the contractor, if yes process your claim.

TutuKaka wrote: »
    Would the replacing of storage heaters in an apartment qualify for the scheme?

Don't think so, probably classified as White Goods, so excluded

• Registered Users Posts: 18 bstens

martinn123 wrote: »
    Use the link provided by kennyb3 above, to see if the details have been entered by the contractor, if yes process your claim.

There are no amounts entered yet, that's my problem. Is it to late for my contractor to enter payments from October?

bstens wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    bstens wrote:
    There are no amounts entered yet, that's my problem. Is it to late for my contractor to enter payments from October

Looks like your Contractor has not lodged the details at all, no reason that I can see why he cannot enter October as the payment dates, but get him on to it asap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

This may well be a dumb question and I will be the first to admit that i am all but innumerate!!! (and my wife is really making these kinda decisions!)
    But is it worth combining the SEAI and HRI or just do one of em...and which one?
    Losing SEAI grant x 3 from the 13.5% tax relief.
    Whadda ya think is the best. One, other or combined?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi Guys,

I just submitted a claim for this online - work was done last January (new kitchen) I phoned the company yesterday and gave them my property ID and they input the details on the HRi system.

When I checked this morning they were there and I was able to put the claim through.

It says it a tax credit will be applied evenly over the next two years. Is it like a medical tax relief where revenue will actually lodge money in my bank account or is it a case that i will just end up paying less tax?

Also re the deadline mentioned earlier in the thread - is that applicable? The website didnt seem to mind me putting through a claim for last years work even though the company only added it to the site yesterday

Cheers,
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Ive recently had new wooden floors fitted in my home and also under stair storage from the same company, does anybody know if I qualify for that tax refund thing? cost me 2500 in total

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

threads merged

• Advertisement

Ive recently had new wooden floors fitted in my home and also under stair storage from the same company, does anybody know if I qualify for that tax refund thing? cost me 2500 in total

Minimum spend is 4405.00 Plus VAT to qualify. Does not all to be with the same Co, any other works which might add to the total spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

Is this scheme running till the end of this year?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 alley2020

Hi guys, will the HRI qualify for a new build?

alley2020 wrote: »

No Renovations only.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

alley2020 wrote: »

I don't think so, even if it did

The works must cost a minimum of €4,405 (before VAT) per property, which will attract a credit of €595 per property. Where the cost of the works exceeds €30,000 (before VAT) per property, a maximum credit of €4,050 per property will apply.

Assuming all the other criteria apply

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Have there been any rumblings about this scheme being extended?

The date by which works must be completed is the 31st of December 2016

It was originally supposed to expire in 2015 but was extended by a year.
    Given that so much of the available housing stock is executor sales & ex-rental this scheme remains highly relevant.

- Mailed the relevant ministerial office, so hopefully I will see some response.

Have there been any rumblings about this scheme being extended?

The date by which works must be completed is the 31st of December 2016

It was originally supposed to expire in 2015 but was extended by a year.
    Given that so much of the available housing stock is executor sales & ex-rental this scheme remains highly relevant.

- Mailed the relevant ministerial office, so hopefully I will see some response.

Talk to your TD, I suppose the more people who request the initiative be extended, the better chance , come Budget time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rossdarragh1

I am carrying out works to my home of over 55k. I'm looking to do this through the HRI scheme. However I have two ID numbers for the same property. One in my own name and one in my partners. Does it matter whos ID number I use? Could just use both :)

Advertisement