Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good insulation source

• 04-07-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hi, anyone have a good source/ recommendations for insulation (xratherm foam board style) been getting mad variance in quotes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

There is a supply shortage due to C19 and sellers are screwing everyone with outrageous prices.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭DBK1

I contacted Kingspan direct, got a much better quote from them (after a bit of haggling!!) than I was getting from any of the hardware shops and when I agreed to go ahead they then supplied me through the nearest stockist at their price. Well worth the phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭bfclancy

DBK1 wrote: »
    I contacted Kingspan direct, got a much better quote from them (after a bit of haggling!!) than I was getting from any of the hardware shops and when I agreed to go ahead they then supplied me through the nearest stockist at their price. Well worth the phone call.

I agree, i went to xtratherm directly saved 30%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Depending on where and what you're using it for you can also get seconds and save huge amounts of money. These are boards that might not be 100% square or not the correct thickness and don't pass quality control. Sometimes they have voids which you can fill with expanded foam. This might be more for a DIY project or self build where you can check them yourself.

I got seconds for a refurb I was doing and was shocked at how good they were. The thickness was out by 5mm over the length of the board and had no void issues. 150mm thick one end and 145mm the other. When pouring a screed over you'd never know. I could have gotten lucky and this is the only experience I've had of seconds but I have heard of others with similar good results.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

+1 re the seconds, it depends on what you use them for

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Where did ye source the seconds lads? Straight from the manufacturer?

Very interested for a specific case.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭mk7r

Where did ye source the seconds lads? Straight from the manufacturer?

Very interested for a specific case.

Would also like to know

Advertisement