Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

POTW 503: 4/1/20 - 10/1/20

Options
  • 08-02-2020 9:39pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭

THIS WEEK'S POTW GOES TO:

Adrian.Sadlier
    49358001361_38b1a19527_c.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTIONS

bernard0368
    49315790566_50f95a060c_c.jpg

Portlawslim
    49352273963_b913542acd_c.jpg

rob w
    49338434577_c74cfd8519_c.jpg

NEW WAVE [=]
    wUL6GIa.jpg

Loki98 [=]
    49333902376_73afb69750.jpg

keps [=]
    49341267318_6d88792a74_c.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS Adrian
    WELL DONE HMs

Adrian, can you give us some information on the winning shot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,688 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

Thanks Myksyk!. Appreciate all the work you do in keeping this thread going!

I was in Alicante in September. Normally dry, sunny and warm. But we managed to choose the week that broke the records for rain! We had been out walking around the town and were heading back to our apartment (on this street).

The storm clouds came approached and we ended up under the "edge" of it. Sunshine on one side and dark clouds on the other. The light was wonderful and the heavens opened. As there was little to no wind the rain came almost straight down. We sheltered in a shallow doorway, under the small balcony above and I suggested to Monica that we wait out the "shower" hoping to get a few shots off.

I was using a D810 with a 24-70 f/2.8 set at 70. These guys had walked up from the beach with these inflatable flamingos (the day had been warm and sunny up until then. I thought they might make a good shot. I spent a few minutes taking photos before we finally made a dash for the apartment once the rain eased off a little.

As the light decreased I had to increase ISO to compensate (ISO 400) - I wanted a max speed of 1/250 to keep the guys sharp but long enough for the heavy rain drops to register in the image.

I edited it in LR, Nik Color Efex Pro and Photoshop. I considered "removing" the girl from the doorway but laziness won in the end!

And thanks for the "thanks"

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Portlawslim

Love that Shot Adrian

Advertisement