Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GEC-Marconi scientist deaths conspiracy theory

Options
  • 07-02-2020 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

What are people's views on this? It's one of the few conspiracy theories I take seriously. It was never properly established why so many scientists working in sensitive areas during the latter end of the Cold War for the British armaments firm GEC-Marconi died unnatural deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEC-Marconi_scientist_deaths_conspiracy_theory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Hoop66

What is it that you wish to discuss regarding this?

As I understand it, just posting a link is frowned upon.

Also, there's not a huge amount of info on that link in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Hoop66 wrote: »
    What is it that you wish to discuss regarding this?

As I understand it, just posting a link is frowned upon.

Also, there's not a huge amount of info on that link in the first place.

Point taken. I've edited to add my own take. There is a previous thread on this in Conspiracy Theories that has more detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,467 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Quite a plausible theory IMO.

The Russians were chasing ways to slow down the US/UK technological edge.

The UK scientists were quite a bit more vulnerable than the US ones and a dead scientist could quite easily delay progress on a project.

GEC-Marconi were also heavily involved in advanced radar development and some of their radar researchers encountered similar mysterious ends during the development of the foxhunter radar iirc.

Advertisement