Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed do the TEG or resit Irish LC?

• 14-10-2019 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Could do with some advice regarding Irish requirement for PME.

The requirement is currently:

C3* Higher Level H4* Leaving Cert
    or
    Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge (TEG) Leibhéal B2 (Meánleibhéal 2)

I sat my LC at pass level in 04.

My question is this, is the TEG exam a better one to go for? Or the LC?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pete83

Hi,

Im thinking of doing the PME as mature student with Hibernia. I did a Level 8 Business degree in 2012, I only Have pass Irish B1 2001!. Currently researching which is better option resitting LC VS TEG B2 exam?

Just wondering which road you went down in the end, and how you found it!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Avonoidea

Do the Teg B2 instead of the LC.
    It will be of more benefit. You will need to put the work in for it and maybe need to do some grinds but you will see a massive difference in your spoken and written Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Just check about the entry requirements. I'm almost certain that you need a H4 now (C1) minimum for entry, it used to be H5, but Richard Bruton raised the requirement. Even if you have the TEG (which is a great thing to do) you might still be excluded from the course if you don't have the other requirements.

Advertisement