Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aer Lingus Cabin Crew Recruitment 2020-22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭popers98

I’ve gotten my start date already

The recruitment is now done through a recruitment agency called Nobox

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

The recruitment and vetting/background check process are now done by an agency. Nobox for cabin crew and Temple recruitment for ground staff. Interviews done by head office EI staff. Back to agency then for background checks and references

Have you rang them ? Might help! Worked for my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

So EI have gone down the FR route using agencies, The downfall of many industries are the staff actually EI employed or on agency books.

EI do the interviews and have the final say in who gets the job. The vetting/background checks are carried out by an agency.

All staff are trained by EI and directly employed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭suzycat

Hey,

I'm due to start my training on the 27th February. Anyone else starting that day?

Does anyone know how the rosters work?

I'm in two minds about starting to be honest. 2 years ago I would have jumped at the chance, but alot has changed since then.

I've been working in Contact Tracing for the last 18 months doing 10/ 12 hour shifts & I'm knackered! I'm also the other side of 40 now & beginning to wonder I'm a bit too old for a cabin crew lifestyle. I've been offered another job & it's Monday to Friday. My head is wrecked on what to do! One part of me wants to join AL cabin crew..it excites me & I know it's not the glamorous job that is sometimes painted when you hear about the cabin crew. But it's varied I suppose. Then the other part of me is (probably the older sensible part!) is maybe take the 9 to 5 job...weekends free..job security etc. And not that exciting!! I just don't want to regret not taking the Aer Lingus job because it probably won't happen again.

Contact Tracing is boring as hell but it's a handy number at the same time but I need to get out of it for my sanity.

Sorry for dumping all this here. I just need a bit of advice as I'm just all over the place about what to do. I got the email about uniform sizes yesterday & that got me excited 😆

I suppose for me it all boils down to the hours & roster. Someone was saying you could be working 6 days in a row. And newbies tend to get the raw end of the deal when coming to shift's which is fair enough. It is a total lifestyle change & I suppose I'm just realising that but I don't want to make a huge mistake by not taking it.. Confused.com🙄

Anyone else feeling the same?? I hope I'm not the only one😬😬👀

I think newbies do get the raw deal, it’s based on flying hours available and as a new crew member you’ll have none so you can be used a lot. If it’s something you want to experience and feel you’ll regret it then I’d say try it. 9-5 jobs will still be there if you don’t like it in a year.

I know a lady, definitely older than you! She flew in the early 90s for a few years, left it while raising a family… she still misses it and is going back this year. It’s not for everyone but some people certainly love it

Hey.

Yeah I think I'll give it a go & see what happens!! Life is about having no regrets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

My best friend (now deceased) was recruited at age 57 as cabin crew. He absolutely loved every single day he worked there and would never have said a bad word about the work. Sadly he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away.

Hey,

Just wondering does anyone here know what size heel do most crew go for? The mid or high heel? Afraid to get the high heel if it’s too high? Anyone have any recommendations please?

thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear about your best friend 🙏🙏

Life is too short sometimes.

I don’t think the high one is actually very high, also you don’t have to wear them all day as you may change to a flat shoe for onboard the flight

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tiamcc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tiamcc

Hi, I totally know how u feel, its so scary but exciting too!!! I'm in exactly the same place as you. On the other side of 40 and doing this for the first time. Im looking at it like a whole new chapter about to start. It will be fantastic, your gonna learn new things and meet new people and if its not for you at least you've given it a go and You'll definitely have a friendly face to find you on your first day at the end of February as we have the same start date xx

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheShepard

Do what your gut says. If you think you'll regret not taking the job well then I think you have your answer. IN saying all that I hope it works out for you regardless of what you choose, also age shouldn't have to play a role in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chester100

Anyone know how many courses are planned & have they contacted everyone thats successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 HappyFace22

I applied to the second round of EI cabin crew. Had my interview with Nobox last week. Does anyone know how long it was between doing their interview to being contacted for the height and reach?

Thank you

Hi anyone still waiting to hear outcome of interview . How many are they hiring?

Yeah I am, I only had an interview last week so still waiting to hear. I think they're hiring a few groups but I'm not 100%

• Advertisement

I know some people heard back that they were not successful & others still waiting. I'm not sure how long after interview they contact you for reach test . ! !

Aw really? Fingers crossed I was successful haven’t heard anything yet. Hopefully it’s delays with EI themselves

Has anyone received a letter to apply for a visa yet?

Yes I got it via email. I was on the us embassy website to see how to make an appointment. It looks quite complicated!!

I'm being bombarded with email's from Nobox about background checks etc!! I have my reach assessment next Friday. I did one 2 years ago but said it has expired so have to do it again 😂 I'm starting training the 28th Feb btw!!

Everything seems to be done last minute! I'm away on holidays this week so I'll apply for the visa when I get back.

I remember on the website that it said it could take a while to get an appointment due to backlogs with Covid etc. Hopefully not too long🤞

So does this mean we will be doing transatlantic routes??!

When did you do your interview or are you a call back from 2020 (when recruitment was suspended)

Aw was wondering. I interviewed last week and still waiting to hear whether I was successful or not

Did they tell you when courses are planned & when they will let you know ? I'm still waiting too .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Boeing651

I think courses are from jan to may I’m a callback from 2020. I’ve got the email about the us visa aswell and I’m wondering if anyone got any more information besides the email. It asks for a Us address for employer and some other details which I don’t have.

Advertisement