Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

What's the story did he lose by cutting his head on the ring ropes last night?

Yeah the rope caused a gut the after a choke blood started gushing from it and it was stopped!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

dulux99 wrote: »
    After some of the crazy sh*t he came out with recently I imagine the UFC were only too happy to sever ties with him

What’s this crazy ****??

How did I miss all this?? I didn’t even know he had been released??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

ASOT wrote: »
    Reading those back and it's all coming flooding back to me...he even compared himself to Chris Benoit which is not a guy you want to be compared to!

dulux99 wrote: »
    Reading those back and it's all coming flooding back to me...he even compared himself to Chris Benoit which is not a guy you want to be compared to!

Yeah he said he nearly went off the rails with his wife/girlfriend getting angry etc. Its going to turn out as being cte imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ariel still waiting on payment from his interview with Conor.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/946774282004074496

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mellor wrote: »
    Testing costs money. They have a budget for the year and when it's hit, it makes sense that they stop.

Not sure how either of those points equates to testing being useless.

If you're only catching 2% of who you test when near 50% are saying they dope (I'd guess that's a low too since some wouldn't even say they dope in an anonymous survey for fear of it coming out) I'd call that testing useless. They're behind in their testing abilities and likely don't want to catch everyone as their competitions would be ruined if they did catch everyone who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

JK is a guest on RTE's Know Your Score, about 20minutes in on the +1 but will be on the player

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Ha floyd shoots down ufc rumours says its dana trying get fox to sign new deal

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Zero-Cool wrote: »

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/946774282004074496

Just looked at the twitter page for that company and it seems to be still going?

Also I'd be surprised if McGregor didn't cover the rest of the bill as he seems to have a lot of time for Helwani, I suppose it's a matter of principle that Helwani is rightly pissed over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Why would McGregor cover it? It's nothing to do with him. Helwani's contact was between him and the crowd promoting the event.

Matter of principle? I don't think it's anything to do with a matter of principle, I think it's to with how the guy makes his living. If my employer decided to stiff me on half my December pay packet, the principle of it wouldn't be what I'd be fuming about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Zero-Cool wrote:

It was well flagged they were shady to start with.

If wondurfullife on here could research it then surely so could a qualified journalist like helwani.

Personally I'm delighted I dislike helwani greatly he spoils too many announcements and is a **** stirrer at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Fromvert wrote: »
    If you're only catching 2% of who you test when near 50% are saying they dope (I'd guess that's a low too since some wouldn't even say they dope in an anonymous survey for fear of it coming out)
    Just because 50% of athletes admit to doping at some point, that doesn't mean 50% were on PEDs at the time they were tested. Many of those athletes wouldn't be subject to out of comp testing, so much easier to cycle off.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Personally I'm delighted I dislike helwani greatly he spoils too many announcements and is a **** stirrer at the best of times.
    Go back to WWE.

Apparently BJ Penn is fighting on 221 in Perth. I really really want BJ to stay retired. He is putting himself at risk here.
    But on the other hand, I know the guy he is fighting and can't help but be happy as this is a huge shot for him.

Travis Brown back in the win column 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

ASOT wrote: »
    Travis Brown back in the win column ��

oh the cringe is strong in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Watched that and no idea wtf it was about but it was 100% pure ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Just saw that UFC youtube bit to promote Bright. Super unrealistic, Travis Browne won.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

BJ Penn isn't fight in Perth (and never was) and has no plans to fight again.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    BJ Penn isn't fight in Perth (and never was) and has no plans to fight again.
    I'm glad to hear it tbh. Seemed crazy, his "opponent" hadn't even signed and only just attended TUF trials a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Mackenzie Dern to make her UFC debut at 222. I'd say she is a cert for the main card too, I think Dana smells money.

Can't wait for her to miss weight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Is it at straw again ? No way she makes weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Can't wait for her to miss weight again.
    It's odd that it's not Strawweight & not Flyweight but she'd hardly be the first fighter fighting well outside their weight class. Either way I'm happy she has gotten to the big show. Edit: Yes it's strawweight against Ashley Yoder who is on a 2 fight losing streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

e6a90efd6dbc731b405195ef57ea4076.png

What a pathetic response from JacksonWink.

Yeah, pretty embarrassing. Although on these boards, it's not uncommon for some of our highly intelligent posters to find it hilarious to insult Cyborg and her appearance so we shouldn't get high and mighty.

Dern is the female Aaron Pico. They'll have to feed her cans for a good while the way Bellator do James Gallagher to protect that 0 though. She has no business in the UFC at this point in her career.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

cliggg wrote: »
    Mackenzie Dern to make her UFC debut at 222. I'd say she is a cert for the main card too, I think Dana smells money.

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Yeah, pretty embarrassing. Although on these boards, it's not uncommon for some of our highly intelligent posters to find it hilarious to insult Cyborg and her appearance so we shouldn't get high and mighty.

Dern is the female Aaron Pico. They'll have to feed her cans for a good while the way Bellator do James Gallagher to protect that 0 though. She has no business in the UFC at this point in her career.

To be fair there is proof that she has used PEDs in the past and her body type does look insane if natural.

I am not arguing if she is using PEDs right now or if she isn't (cause we can't speculate here) but I do think her career has been helped by her use in the past.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement