Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Price of Composite door

• 29-03-2017 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi

What would be a reasonable price for a new standard sized good quality composite door/glass panels on side (including installation)

Have been quoted c. 3k by a couple of firms, just wondering of that seems high or not.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

Hi,

I paid 1650 for a palladio one last year (incl installation).

**However**, the doorway in question was not a wide one i.e. there was no 'sidelight' or section over the door. It was just the door and a very small side panel with no glass etc in the side panel.

Heat loss wise it has made a huge difference compared to the original timber door it replaced...

~LTD.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

We had a standard width Palladio installed January 2015 for €1100 with a skykight above included.

We live in Dublin supplier from Celbridge. PM me if you want contact details.
    No affiliation just a satisfied customer.

Z

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

That seems like a high cost.

I got a palladio composite front door with side panels on both sides, as well as a pvc back door installed for €2,900. Only got it done about 3 weeks ago, so the quote is current.

Send me a PM if you want to know who installed mine.

EDIT: Here is a picture from the brochure of what I had done.

Door.PNG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 starmc14

@TheBody would you mind sending me a pm of where you got the doors. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Palladio are the best door on the market. A fitter who is putting in windows and doors in my rented house told me so and the company he works for sell their own composite door.

Btw I got a price of €6500 for 7 white double glazed windows, A palladio Rome front door with sidelight and Palladio backdoor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Richard_parker

Endurance composite doors are very good if not the best on the market right now.

Peakwindows in Swords do them, think they said around 2.5k incl installation and security lock that cant be broken.

We just recently got 2 bedroom windows from them, I cant recommend them highly enough, very clean job no mess in the house and high attention to detail inc finishing the walls around the window and window sill board which is now wood instead of ugly pvc one that used to let cold air in underneath it. No more noise getting through, no inside condensation anymore and they are double glazed with vents not triple. I have been doing research on this for the past year since we got the apartment and I must say that I feel I got the best pvc window I could find in Ireland. I was actually going to import windows from Germany prior to discovering these that's how dissatisfied I was with everything I have seen up to that point.
    Needless to say, I will be getting the rest of the apartment windows and composite doors from this crowd as works move on through the apartment.

P.S. I cant post a youtube link beeing a new user but you can search youtube "Endurance - Solid & Secure Composite Doors" to see a door sledge hammer test.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

TheBody wrote: »
    That seems like a high cost.

I got a palladio composite front door with side panels on both sides, as well as a pvc back door installed for €2,900. Only got it done about 3 weeks ago, so the quote is current.

Send me a PM if you want to know who installed mine.

EDIT: Here is a picture from the brochure of what I had done.

Door.PNG

Hi would it be possible to get the name of the company you used I’m looking to get a composite door at the moment,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

Palladio are the best door on the market. A fitter who is putting in windows and doors in my rented house told me so and the company he works for sell their own composite door.

Btw I got a price of €6500 for 7 white double glazed windows, A palladio Rome front door with sidelight and Palladio backdoor.

Hi would it be possible to get the name of the company you used I’m looking to get a composite door at the moment,

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 cookie*

@TheBody pls can you send me on info on your palladio composite door. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kolmaj6

Hello everyone, just wandering how much in today's market will a Palladio or Apper composite doors with a single side panel cost including fitting? Also how much will it cost to replace the patio door double glazed with ener glaze retrofix?. Response will be appreciated.
    Thanks a mill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Palladio with narrow sidelight would be around €2k min. Couldn't say with regards to patio doors

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭lob020

Any recommendations for supply and fit of Palladio composite doors,Im in South Dublin
    So far quotes from main stream suppliers 2500 k to 3000 per door
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

How are doors so expensive. It's crazy! New house owner here learning the cost of everything is about twice what you would expect

lob020 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for supply and fit of Palladio composite doors,Im in South Dublin
    So far quotes from main stream suppliers 2500 k to 3000 per door
    Thanks

That's mental! I got two doors for €2,900! See post 4 above. I'll send you a PM with the names of the guys who fitted mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

That's mental! I got two doors for €2,900! See post 4 above. I'll send you a PM with the names of the guys who fitted mine.

Would you mind dropping me their name too? Looking to get a new back and front door fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Magellanic

Hi TheBody, I am in the same boat, looking for two doors. If you can PM me the details of the guys who fitted yours that would be great.

Price quoted this weekend gone for a simple composite hall door of approx. €2,300 all in (including discount).

Magellanic wrote: »
    Hi TheBody, I am in the same boat, looking for two doors. If you can PM me the details of the guys who fitted yours that would be great.

Price quoted this weekend gone for a simple composite hall door of approx. €2,300 all in (including discount).

No problem. I’ll PM you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

No problem. I’ll PM you now.

can you let me know as well...looking for a front door and replace old wooden back door.

thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RM8849

Hi TheBody, would you mind PM’ing me the details of the company that fitted your doors please? Thanks a million

RM8849 wrote: »
    Hi TheBody, would you mind PM’ing me the details of the company that fitted your doors please? Thanks a million

PM sent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

PM sent!
    While your at it...I'd appreciate a Pm please.
    Thanks

Swamp3 wrote: »
    While your at it...I'd appreciate a Pm please.
    Thanks

Done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Love a pm with company name also. Quoted 5k for a door and 5 windows

Love a pm with company name also. Quoted 5k for a door and 5 windows

Done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Hi,
    Could you drop me a PM for that door company.
    Thanks

Jnealon wrote: »
    Hi,
    Could you drop me a PM for that door company.
    Thanks

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Flake99

Hi there, could you please pm also thanks

Flake99 wrote: »
    Hi there, could you please pm also thanks

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

PM sent.

same here please

• Advertisement

Did everyone decide to buy a door today!! :)

Advertisement