Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread - A New World

1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭mezzz

jbcarthy wrote: »
    Last 2 tournaments;

1a. Pocket A pre flop (100/200), raise from small blind to 600, 2 callers, flop comes J 10 5 different suits, check, player 1 raises 2000, player 2 all in, I call, player 1 folds, player 2 calls with KJo, turn comes muck and river comes K.

1b. AKo pre flop on the button (300/600-25), same 2 players play a raise and call, I go all in and end up in a showdown with 65o and I lose to a pair of 5s

2. JJ from UTG, (300/600) so I raise to 2400 and get 4 callers, I figure I'm up against a lot of powerful hands (A,K,Q) and maybe a midrange suited connector, I decide that if no higher card than a J comes up and there is no obvious draw I am going to shove because I don't want to give them the chance of connecting on the turn and river, cards come up 2 4 6 different suits and I shove, I get called by the small blind who was last to call pre flop and he setted 2s, how do you call 2,400 with deuces when 4 players are in before you!

whats your name on pokerstars?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Had a great win on a vending machine today. Chose a pack of Hunky Dorys, which got stuck half way down. Got refunded the €1.10. Wasn't allowed to reorder the same pack, so decided to get a pack of Tayto in the hope that it might knock down the other pack too. It did.:P

Done that before, went for the heavier item above and let it knock the stuck item out.

Well played CC :D

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tmabr

Bad beat for the other guy for a change

Played a dream hand a few weeks back on 888

2 euro re-buy tourney, about 800 players

final table (my first final) 8 players left, im in 2nd place with 360k chips -3k/6k blinds.

I call with A7 suited - BB checks (BB is chip leader)

flop the nut flush Ks-9s-Js ----bet 6k and called

Turn - Qs
    bet 6k and called

River 10s ----straight flush to king on the board!!! and i have the beautiful As making a royal

I go all in, and of course he has to call with a SF on the board......

Yes 720k chips and leading the tourney, I bully the rest of the table and take the whole thing down, $350 into my account

pics to follow

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah... what's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,247 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

At last a reply, I've been refreshing every 5 seconds for 3 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

keane2097 wrote: »
    Ah... what's the story?

Domain was set to auto renew.
    Some lever somewhere wasnt pulled and a bot snapped up the domain and updated dns to point elsewhere. It's sorted now but will take a few hours or so for dns to propagate throughout the net. Some are already back and posting it depends on isp and traffic routing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Not back for us Maltese folk yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Not back for us Maltese folk yet!

not back for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

nor me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Ahh, here ye all are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Anyone got a bad beat story or a question about folding KK pre?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Working with vpn connected (Irish I. P) for me fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

DoS attack from Kerry I'd say. It'll be Dobby and the boys discussing the merits of Healy-Raes until Feb 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

zGHQb4O.gif

Advertisement