Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy/ sell a stick? ***READ HERE***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i have a hrap2.
    i dont know what the problem is, the mounting is not lose [its not like the stick wiggles] but the stick is not accurate, its too OILY , if that makes sense.
    You can feel hitting the 4 edges like you wont in a TE, with the clicking noise.
    [its not an octo gate] but it might aswell be

cant even ultra 1 with chun, cost me #1 place in inferno !

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bring it in on Wednesday & I'll troubleshoot it.

thanks ciaran, i finish at 6 and the snow !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

Hi!

I ordered the replacement LS part for my stick. Plugged it in, it doesn't work. Am i to assume that it's a pcb failure? All other functions on the stick work, buttons and home, start and select etc.

Hi!

I ordered the replacement LS part for my stick. Plugged it in, it doesn't work. Am i to assume that it's a pcb failure? All other functions on the stick work, buttons and home, start and select etc.
    Have you tried flipping the connector around?

• Advertisement

Hi Kiki,

yeh i tried that, i tested the LS on another stick and it works fine. Does that mean it's either the connector or the soldering on the pcb or the pcb itself?

If the stick itself is fine, then it is either the connector (at either the PCB end, or the stick end) being loose/faulty; OR the PCB's directions have died.

I'm guessing it's probably just the former.
    Try re-seating your connectors on the TE PCB.

Its not a TE its a custom stick. It uses a standard xbox controller pcb that has been soldered. I have both a spare connector and spare pcb but i've never soldered before and don't want to wreck the stick cus it really is pretty.

Any ideas? Could i snip the old connector to test the new 1 or do i have to solder?

Cheers for all the help tho Kiki! i'd be lost otherwise

I'd need pics of the insides first ;;^_^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I've read through this thread and didnt see anyone ask something like this.
    Basically I want to get an arcade stick because the xbox controller just doesnt feel right. I plan to use it playing SFIV and MvC3 when it comes out. I presume something like a mad catz stick will work with both? Any suggestions on which one to go look at for a beginner?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yup, it'll work with both.

Id suggest a madcatz standard edition (SE) if money is an issue and if not a tournament edition (TE).

SE's are fine but you'll wear the parts out if you play in any way regularly, so if you're sure you'll keep the stick, might as well go for the TE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

The following is a personal opinion:

The Hori Ex 2, is to me a better option for a cheap stick than the SE, Which I have a personal dislike of.
    The Ex 2 is usually cheaper. It's hard to mod, but if your looking for an entry stick, and don't want to go all out for a TE I'd recommend it.

The following is a personal opinion:

The Hori Ex 2, is to me a better option for a cheap stick than the SE, Which I have a personal dislike of.
    The Ex 2 is usually cheaper. It's hard to mod, but if your looking for an entry stick, and don't want to go all out for a TE I'd recommend it.

IMO harder to mod is important for a noob.

I'm awful at modding, but when the buttons went on my SE as a noob I managed to replace them with semitsus.

Drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, imo the SE is a better investment as it's a lot easier to mod, if you're planning on keeping them stock and buying a TE or whatever later then the EX2 is probably a better purchase but they're both crap. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

IMO harder to mod is important for a noob.

I'm awful at modding, but when the buttons went on my SE as a noob I managed to replace them with semitsus.

Drunk.
    Quite well too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Drunk.

You managed to put something in and out while drunk? With this skill the continuation of the doom bloodline is guaranteed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 colparenthesis

Got a TE Round 2 stick for 360 at EVO 2K10 (!) while on holiday some months ago, looking to swap it for a PS3 TE stick if anyone is interested.

I haven't really used it much (probably 100 rounds at most?) and probably no longer will use it since my XBL time ran out and I've started playing fighters on PS3 instead. Reply or PM me if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Anyone have an idea where I can get a stick round the Galway area ? Mainly looking for the TE one.
    Thanks Liam

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea where I can get a stick round the Galway area ? Mainly looking for the TE one.
    Thanks Liam

Is there a HMV in Galway? They were stocking TEs for a while.

To be honest, I think the vast majority got their TE's online.

• Advertisement

Is there a HMV in Galway? They were stocking TEs for a while.

To be honest, I think the vast majority got their TE's online.
    Yeah there is a HMV I'll give them a ring tomorrow but chances are slim(not a lot of games there)I've had a look online and the cheapest on eBay was 110 and i've seen them on Adverts.ie for 65. So looking for something somewhere in the middle.

liamnojo92 wrote: »
    Yeah there is a HMV I'll give them a ring tomorrow but chances are slim(not a lot of games there)I've had a look online and the cheapest on eBay was 110 and i've seen them on Adverts.ie for 65. So looking for something somewhere in the middle.

I think you'd be extremely lucky to find a TE for less than 110 euro in a bricks and mortar store in Ireland.

Game-nothing
    Gamestop-Hori EX 2
    HMV-TE edition, discontinued :'(

Looks like online it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Got a TE Round 2 stick for 360 at EVO 2K10 (!) while on holiday some months ago, looking to swap it for a PS3 TE stick if anyone is interested.

I haven't really used it much (probably 100 rounds at most?) and probably no longer will use it since my XBL time ran out and I've started playing fighters on PS3 instead. Reply or PM me if interested.

I might have a PS3 TE by next week but in preference i want a 360 so i might be willing to swap you.

this
    fightstick-chun-li-4.jpg

or#
    fightstick-round-2-450.jpg

or
    madcatzSuperStreetFighter4ArcadeFightstickXbox360Black.jpg

suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

This is what you want placebo
    joystick_atari.jpg

All the stick are the same except for the SSFIV ones which are slightly smaller but then they have those stupid button colours(if you're on the 360)they also all have the same buttons and stick,Tell me if you see a good deal online I'm looking for one too:p

the Chun Li TE is nice Farz.

And no you can't have one of the ones we're holding. I'm going to contact Madcatz shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

the Chun Li TE is nice Farz.

And no you can't have one of the ones we're holding. I'm going to contact Madcatz shortly.

Good luck with that, the form email on their website is broken and it's tough to find any actual email addresses for them

Advertisement