Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Puy du fou

Options
  • 24-02-2020 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

has anyone been to it in france? i am thinking of going this year. If you did do did you go by ferry or fly to a nearby airport?

also in terms of the shows on offer, getting it hard to get my head around whats on offer. From what i can see you can book an evening show "cinescenie" but these all seem to be booked out online. I have checked the forum on tripadvisor and you can try phoning them to see if they have any openings.

in terms of the other shows such as the vikings for example, i cant see any option to book a show for this - is it a matter of just turning up on the day to go to it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,473 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We’ve been twice over the years and it’s a fantastic spectacle indeed. We didn’t do the evening show either time.

Each of the individual shows are on a number of times during the day, I’m not aware you can book any, it’s more of a case of be there and hit as many shows as you can for the day. The Viking’s one is pretty spectacular indeed. I forget the names of most of them. There’s an indoor one with horses and pirates, it’s great too and a nice break from the heat, it was 38c last time we were there. The Roman coliseum show is also a must.

We were travelling by ferry both times, bringing our caravan.

We would take this or Futurescope over Disney in Paris any day.

I think there are forums or websites dedicated to how best use your time in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

I've been looking into this..never been.

from what I can see, you can fly into Nantes, get a train and a bus transfer to the park. Or the park have taxi transfers from the airport you can ask them for info.

I was looking at maybe a campsite in Vendee also. I think some of them do day trips to Puy Du Fou too. probably an hour to an hour and a half travel each way.

if anyone has any other info I'd love to hear. The evening show seems mainly booked up now, but I wouldn't let that put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

duffysfarm wrote: »
    also in terms of the shows on offer, getting it hard to get my head around whats on offer. From what i can see you can book an evening show "cinescenie" but these all seem to be booked out online.

Had a quick look, knowing how the system works and yes, for the Cinéscénie they are literally down to the last few seats for the whole of the summer season. If there's more than one of you in the party, there are only (as far as I can see) seats available on the 10th July, 15th August and 5th September (and that's only if there are only two of you).

So it looks like this year, you'll have to go for the daytime shows. In that respect, you buy one park entry (per person) and go to any and all the shows you can fit in during the opening hours. The French way of getting good value for money is to get a bus from the local village at about 4am (organised tours) or to park a campervan onsite and be in the gate as soon as the park opens.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kfc1

Highly recommend Puy du Fou. We drove up from Le Littoral campsite in the Vendee, about 50 min drive, equal distance from Samur, Loire Valley.
    Didn’t do evening show but arrived early, you’ll get a map with show times and locations. We brought a picnic and got in most shows. A full day out. Most shows were about 40 mins and really high productions.
    One of the highlights of our trip and I’ll definitely do it again.
    More info on the France & ferry thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭medic112

We go every other year, fantastic place to visit. 2 days are a must to see all but a good bit can be covered in 1 day with good planning, we get an air bnb within a few minutes of the park when doing 2 days. some tips would be download the puy du fou app this gives all the times of shows directions around the park & you can set alerts/reminders. Be there at opening time for a full day it a busy place & huge. The shows are spectacular. We bring a backpack & cooler bag with picnic supplies this is cheaper & the kids know what they want but there is any amount of cafes etc, chips/hotdogs/baguettes etc. Have been to cinescenie twice 4yr ago & last year unreal show the guts of 2500 actors in it. We got the tickets last year by email & follow up phone call, theres a French lady on our local library who did this for me :) any Q's or if I think of anything else just post.

• Advertisement
Advertisement