Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mound of Hostages

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dogmax_Songs

Hey Agent Weebley how you doing friend

Love My Child

I'm seeing tomorrow
    But that was yesterday
    Desert land
    Where dying only lives

Pray for my child I hear her say
    Take her from this dying place
    Give her freedom is all I ask
    Give her life free from my past

When she older tell her the truth
    Tell her I love her
    Teach her to be strong and please
    Love my child as if she is your own

Now go take her
    Give her a life free from mine
    Don't let her see me die
    Be kind

Love my child as if she is your own

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

I, Agent Weebley, have have finally slain another beast, the Tonn Ruray, in Dundrum (the one in Norn Iron.) From a Public House to a private house, it took large gonads to get that Pandora back in the box. It needed to be done.

Now I sharpen my blade, ready my wit, and enlist warriors for my next Quest.

Professor Oisín MacAmadáin: where are you?

S4S: we need your Viking tenacity!

Phantogram - Into Happiness 31458                                              

By Agent Weebley

Operation Groucho

We have a name for the next undercover operation!

I had an epiphany while sitting in the waiting room to see Dr. Sternum. I was a little early for my appointment and was quite excited to be there, as I hadn’t seen him in a long time.

It all started with a voicemail.

“Weeble,” he said, “you need de-briefing ASAP.”

It was unlike Dr. Sternum to leave voicemails. Normally, he would just hang up and I would call him back. So I figured it must be important. I called back, but got his assistant, who made an appointment for September 24, coincidentally, the same day that Mattias Desmet decided to enter, stage right, at Iveagh Garden Hotel in Dublin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmKnu6EXIkc

Welcome Mattias!

Anyway, I was sitting in Dr. Sternums waiting room made of formica or possibly melamine, patiently looking at people, pictures, flowers, out the window, old magazines previously digested by readers, the receptionist and last, but not least . . . my de-googled phone. These days, I try not to use my phone for anything other than a phone. I downloaded an ice scraper app last winter, but it didn’t work too well. What a cheap office, I thought. A real Amateur Hour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3aH7RtVSLI

Sparks had a mic' head pop off on their other video . . . This Town Ain't Big Enough for The Both Of Us. How odd.

Suddenly a buzzer went off somewhere close by and a lady got up from the next chair and left the waiting room. It reminded me of a video about conformity I saw a few years ago. I looked it up on NewPipe and voila:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8BkzvP19v4

“Agent Weebley, Dr. Sternum will see you now.” I nodded and smiled to the receptionist, and walked on through to Dr. Sternums office.

I hadn’t been there in so long I had forgotten about all the walls and furniture being a mixture of dark oak and distressed leather. Dr. Sternum would appear shortly from a doorway behind his desk, exactly 3 minutes after I get a little antsy. I got antsy early to be sure he wouldn’t keep me waiting yet again.

“Weeble!” He tried not to show he liked me, because of the patient-doctor distancing thing, but I could tell he was excited to see me again.

“How about Operation BlueBalls part Duh, or Mound Of Hostages Redux? Which will it be?”

I was a little taken aback, as I hadn’t even thought about rallying the crew around a new Mission.

“Operation Groucho!” It just popped out. Why I said that is beyond me.

Dr. Sternum seemed unfazed and didn’t ask what I meant by Operation Groucho.

“Sit, Weeble, sit.”

I sat down, and then he sat behind his big dark oak desk.

We chatted about how Agent Dale Cooper and Agent Joe 90 were doing and how I was doing these days without Lucy. The subject matter slowly meandered over to The Tonn Ruray. Ah yes, The Mound Of Hostages. You took one of the members of the other tribe, and treated them better than your own people, and they took one of ours and treated them like royalty. That kept the peace between tribes . . . I’m not sure how we got back to Mattias Desmet, but it was good to see Dr. Sternum. Everything in the world disappeared for just a little while, as we laughed and joked about the fun we all had with The Mound Of Hostages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSiBvYodew8

Standing outside Dr. Sternums office after the meeting, I found I had trouble processing the bombshell information he had just dropped. I began walking, not caring where I was going or conscious of why I was seemingly in a mental haze.

Infected Mushroom - People Are Strange - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZzf_wGQAac

After seemingly hours of walking, I ended up stopping. Gaining focus, I found myself standing in front of a shiny chocolate brown door. I squinted at the strange brass knocker. It was shaped like a small button mushroom. I reached out and gave it my signature 7 tap knock . . .

By Agent Weebley

I heard a shuffling noise behind the door. I looked up to see a panel slide off to the side; a set of eyes now staring directly at me through an oval hole. Those eyes looked strangely familiar. They darted left and right, then right at me yet again. Probably making sure I was alone.

"Password?" she said.

Rachael, I thought. That voice. It is her! Does she remember me? Or is it another Rachael? Lovely eyes...

Rachael's Song - Vangelis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhgMDb9nGQs

It must be another Rachael. Too much time has passed. Best not to push the issue. I was wondering how she could still be a viable design after so many years, but . . .

"Well, Agent Weebley?"

I smiled. Oh yeah . . . "X."

The door creaked open, just enough to let me in. I squeezed past Rachael as I smiled impishly. She smiled back innocently.

"New mission, Agent Weebley?"

"Yes, Rachael. Any idea where Agent Joe 90 is? We need him."

She looked as good as ever. Curves in all the right places. Those lips . . .

"No idea. Maybe try to contact Mac."

Rachael closed the door behind us and we began to walk down a dimly lit hallway. Our footsteps reverberated against the panelled walls. The occasional sconce shone down to help our next few steps. A bright light was at what I assumed to be at the end of the hallway. It opened to a small garden. It reminded me of driving on Interstate 77 through and out of The Big Walker Mountain Tunnel, opening into the Virginia mountains.

The sun was shining and it was warm.

"Who is getting retired this time, Agent Weebley?"

I looked at Rachael, wondering what I should say. I decided to say nothing. She probably wouldn't understand right now. Maybe in the future.

We walked over to a small white enamelled cast metal bistro table with a couple of metal chairs. Probably fake. Aluminum. Yep, confirmed when I pulled out a chair for Rachael to sit.

"It's a little complicated, Rachael. I'd rather wait till I've spoken with Dr. Sternum about it."

I changed the subject. It was for the best. "How's Elon Rosen?" Rachael seemed nonplussed. She didn't reply. So much for taking that tack.

"I'm Heddinout, later today," I said.

"Dot ca? Dot co dot uk? Dot ie? Dot com?" Rachael laughed. She really wants to follow, I thought.

"https://heddinout.com," I said.

"Will you, will you still come back here, Agent Weebley?"

I sensed that she cared. How could that be? She didn't care for any others. Rick Deckard? Nope. Elon Rosen? Nope. J.R. Isidore? Defo nope. He was a chickenhead anyway.

"I'll come back."

I pulled out my phone and searched. M . . . A . . . C.

Send.

• Advertisement

By Dr. Sternum

My new office was looking pretty dapper. I went with honey oak this time. Even my desk looked golden and shiny. I was impressed! Moving to FLA was a good idea. FLA is the new LA, I mused.

Mac had come over for a quick meeting before Agent Weebley arrived with Agent Joe 90.

Mac had his serious face on.

"Dr. Stermum," he said, "I've asked Rick Deckard to come by to explain the problem we are having with the andys here on Earth. Rick gave me as many details as he could over the last few days. I've developed a modification to the BIG RAT."

Just then, my receptionist notified me by SMS that Rick Deckard was on his way in. There was a knock at the door.

Rick looked like Indiana Jones with all that brown leathery swarthiness. He smiled with that cheeky one sided grin, then flopped down in a convenient sofa.

"I'm too old for this chit," Rick said with a sigh.

Mac nodded a hello to Rick, then looked back at me again. "As I was saying, Dr. Sternum, I call the new downloadable program for Joe 90 The BIG MUSKRAT. It stands for Brain Impulse Galvanoscope Multi Use System K Record And Transfer, which is . . . "

"Whoa, slow down, Mac," I said. "K? What does that stand for? Kop out?"

"I thought you might pick up on that, Dr. Sternum. It stands for KD6-3.7, a Bladerunner. If we are going to retire andys en masse, which I will get to soon enough, we need Joe 90 to download the full skill set of a Bladerunner."

"Better to have a digital version than my analog brain waves," Rick added from deep inside the leather sofa. "The andy problem is way worse than ever before, We can't afford any mistakes, right Mac?"

"Right, Rick. Dr. Sternum, millions upon millions of andys have been sent here from The Elon on Mars to turn us all into transhuman slaves!"

Bladerunner 2049 - Mr Kitty - Destruction Of Us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0VDzSPqYvs

Post edited by Agent Weebley on

By Dr Sternum

A continuation of a blog called Operation Groucho is now happening here

I cannot explain easily, except you need to look up Bill C-63 in Canada.

Advertisement