Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamesDoyle593

Anyone know the tune playing on the current ad on RTE for this weekends rugby games on TV - starts with the lyrics "whenever I go"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Not seen the ad as im in the US but is it One Republic - Wherever I go?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Might anyone know the song of this AIB advert? It played back in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 15,086 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looking for the name of the (I think) instrumental wild western song. It's a very fast guitar song, while growing in tempo. Has that 'ding taka ding taka ding' sound. Kind of like the sound similar to the deliverance dueling Banjos song. I have a feeling it's something like the rascals but YouTube is not returning any results.

Anyone know the song I am on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Trying to find what I thought was a Ben Howard song. Think there might be woman at times on vocals. Its 6 or 7 mins long I think and finishes with outro of a piano after gap between end of song and it. Could have sworn it was on I Forget Where We Were but no joy! Anyone know what I'm on about?! Thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

cormie wrote: »

Meant to post earlier, found it since it was Burgh Island but cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Foxyboi

Becoming Irish, what's the music for the advert for it on RTE? Class!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

Heard a remix of a song on Spin's Saturday night takeover last weekend when driving home from work.

Was a mash up of Meduza's lose control and Route 94 My Love which is a few years old. Been stuck in my head since and I've searched everywhere online, but haven't found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Hey, does anyone know the song/band that did this: it used to be played on Phantom FM in the year 2000/2001, they were an indie band and the song was quite distorted, there was a drum solo groove in the middle of the song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

2fms song of the week playlist has some sirens song on it. Irish band. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Looking for song that was played on Larry gogans golden hour about 10 years ago, and i've lost the name of it from my head.

Song is from early 80's, colabratation type song like "Perfect Day", each line sung by a different singer so not a band/group.

I dont believe it was for charity either.

Can someone suggest song's like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

• Registered Users Posts: 71,604 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Looking for song that was played on Larry gogans golden hour about 10 years ago, and i've lost the name of it from my head.

Song is from early 80's, colabratation type song like "Perfect Day", each line sung by a different singer so not a band/group.

Was it this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Can you remember anything about it like if it was upbeat, slow, dancey, rocky etc.?

cormie wrote: »

Nothing on that list, thanks anyway.

Not that either, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

the drums that start Katina and the Waves 'walking on sunshine' remind me of so many songs

reap-a-rat wrote: »
    Can you remember anything about it like if it was upbeat, slow, dancey, rocky etc.?

Song was upbeat, european style.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tell ya a funny one

When i was a teenager in the early 2000s i remember passing through the local shopping centre and i passed a gamestop and heard this song but only caught the lyric 'Oh Communication' or something similar but loved the sound of the song. i tried every song which i thought was it and then every artist i thought it was from (even the one it was) and naturally just gave up.

One night in 2019 i was in a pub and this song suddenly came on and i recognized the words and immendly turned on 'Shazam' and it picked out 'Ocean Colour Scene 'up on the down side' and then after listening to it .

That was it and after such a mental drain too find out what song it was and all the things i promised id do if i found what it wa ha I just felt happy to find out what it was and added too my playlist lol.

Thank you Shazam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Does anyone know what the track is that they use on the RTE adverts for classic soccer coverage? Last week for example, it was on the ad for Italia 90. Basically it's most recognisable feature is a female opera singer building up to a crescendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

The name of this song is in my head but I can get it.

80s band. Music video is black & white

The band is on a stage in warehouse with film crew working around them.

I think the focus is production assistant running about her duties

At some stage she and the lead singer take a spin around there stage on a motorbike

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,581 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

The name of this song is in my head but I can get it.

80s band. Music video is black & white

The band is on a stage in warehouse with film crew working around them.

I think the focus is production assistant running about her duties

At some stage she and the lead singer take a spin around there stage on a motorbike

Cheers

That is the one.;)

I knew there was long coats but I was a bit off on most of the details.

I scrolled Youtube lists a few times thinking if I saw the name I would get it but I passed that video out several times because the thumbnail is in colour.:o

Anyway cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Music video and song. So I have it in my head that it's Elvis Costello, but I can't find the video on YouTube or the song on Spotify. Basically it's a guy driving around in a convertible. It's a fun video and doesn't take itself too seriously. He's wearing sunglasses and has black hair with a bit of length in it (mullet). I think he's wearing black as well. I'm thinking late 70s early 80s. I remember it being played on the den a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,604 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Liamario wrote: »
    Music video and song. So I have it in my head that it's Elvis Costello, but I can't find the video on YouTube or the song on Spotify. Basically it's a guy driving around in a convertible. It's a fun video and doesn't take itself too seriously. He's wearing sunglasses and has black hair with a bit of length in it (mullet). I think he's wearing black as well. I'm thinking late 70s early 80s. I remember it being played on the den a few times.

This?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

No, but similar vibe. I feel like he's driving around miami or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Shibby89

There's a song that's been haunting me for years. And I warn you in advance I've only vague recollections of it.
    It was released around late 90s. It's an indie type song with just an electric guitar I think. And I believe the only lyrics are do de dooo. Do de dooo. Each "do" is a different note.
    Its a woman singing. And the only thing I can remember about the video is a clip of her leg going up and down to the beat, tapping off the ground.
    I've heard it being used in TV but could never shazam as clip was always too short. I also heard it on a tv3 ad and went to the trouble of emailing tv3 to ask but got no reply. Better things to be doing no doubt.

Shibby89 wrote: »
    There's a song that's been haunting me for years. And I warn you in advance I've only vague recollections of it.
    It was released around late 90s. It's an indie type song with just an electric guitar I think. And I believe the only lyrics are do de dooo. Do de dooo. Each "do" is a different note.
    Its a woman singing. And the only thing I can remember about the video is a clip of her leg going up and down to the beat, tapping off the ground.
    I've heard it being used in TV but could never shazam as clip was always too short. I also heard it on a tv3 ad and went to the trouble of emailing tv3 to ask but got no reply. Better things to be doing no doubt.

Is it this ? I did a quick google and found someone else describe a similar song - this was their answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Shibby89

Is it this ? I did a quick google and found someone else describe a similar song - this was their answer

No that's not it I'm afraid. Thanks though.

Advertisement