Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Brandy and Cigars: Off topic thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Barna77 wrote: »
    Same. I just look at them players and do the ooohhhsss and aaahhhsss and then at work say the likes of did you see that ludicrous display last weekend? :pac:
    That's the problem with Ireland - they always try to walk it over the line

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

It's a pretty easy game to understand.

But here's a comprehensive explanation of the rules [url] https://deadspin.com/the-complete-guide-to-understanding-rugby-1796388722[/url]

The bonus point is gained if you score 4 tries or more in the game. Even if you lose, you can still get a bonus point by scoring 4 points and losing by less than 7 points.

Makes the game more interesting and all to play for.

How's February going for y'all?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Flat out, tbh. Yourself?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just back from a stag do in Kilkenny. Cool spot but yet another of the lads is getting married meaning I have four weddings this year.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

Flat out, tbh. Yourself?

Busy enough but no complaints. Packed in the masters and took the post grad diploma so I've had more time to myself to relax and meet friends so it's been really nice. Lining up the next project now though as I need some bit of a regiment to keep me on the rails.
    Just back from a stag do in Kilkenny. Cool spot but yet another of the lads is getting married meaning I have four weddings this year.

Kilkenny's a great spot in fairness. Have a stag in Berlin this year, with the wedding in Spain....thankfully I've only one more wedding to attend this year as I'll be broke from those excursions

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

D'Agger wrote: »

Not too bad thanks. Busy busy as usual with work but the aul end of year review was good financially so that's a nice start to the year.

Must start looking at holidays for the year. See whats out there catching my eye.

Anyone got any holidays planned?

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Not too bad thanks. Busy busy as usual with work but the aul end of year review was good financially so that's a nice start to the year.

Must start looking at holidays for the year. See whats out there catching my eye.

Anywhere top of the list so far TP?

I'd love a break in the next month, few days in Portugal or just some place to lie down....reckon I'll settle for a massage though

Will need a week off later in the year to (hopefully) move into a new house as I'm sale agreed on a place so I've been looking into smartbulbs/thermostats etc. for the last while and looking up interior design shíte on pinterest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Saw your thread in the Home Automation forum. Fair play on the house, btw. I'm years away from that. How much interior design is ****e? :D

Saw your thread in the Home Automation forum. Fair play on the house, btw. I'm years away from that. How much interior design is ****e? :D
    Yeah I think a lot of people saw it and didn't fúckin respond :D There's no digital display for the heating it's just three of those old school pin-based timer yokes so I want that stuff gooooone and the Nest/other solutions seem handy.

I'm happy out with it and I enjoy that kind of stuff, figuring out how to setup the kitchen and what colors to use etc. just a case of the auctioneer confirming some stuff is fixed but other than that its ready to walk in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm on holidays.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Hi folks hope your all well, listen Im kinda wondering whats the dating scene like these days?

I'm coming to the end of a 5 year relationship. I'm not saying I'm jumping back into the dating saddle now or any time soon.
    But I am kinda wondering how dating in Ireland has changed? If any..

It's pretty shíte

But I don't know about straight dating... :p (I'm only assuming here ha ha ha)

Barna77 wrote: »
    It's pretty shíte

But I don't know about straight dating... :p (I'm only assuming here ha ha ha)

heh yep I'm straight so I'm in that late 30s age group to which is like licence for baggage which I don't mind and except.
    I had a look on POF and was like OOOOO God. I'm not able for this. Nothing triggers me more then if a woman says make me laugh in her profile.

I'm like: What am I dancing monkey on roller-skates here for you entertainment? :mad:

Any way Im going to avoid dating for a bit longer. concentrate on it when I've got other aspects of my life sorted out. :cool:

Any way hows your day been?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

"what am I dancing monkey on roller-skates here for your entertainment"

I am nicking that for future use.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    "what am I dancing monkey on roller-skates here for your entertainment"

I am nicking that for future use.

:cool:

I got it from the Dictator with Sasha Baron Cohen :D

he's my hero, :cool:

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Nothing triggers me more then if a woman says make me laugh in her profile.

I'm like: What am I dancing monkey on roller-skates here for you entertainment? :mad:
    But I make them (gents) laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

May BH weekend I'm heading to Lane 8 on the Saturday then Bon Iver on the Sunday, can't wait!

Probably be at that, pint?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Probably be at that, pint?
    Yeah sounds good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bromance alert.
    D'Aggers infected

• Advertisement

Anywhere top of the list so far TP?

I'd love a break in the next month, few days in Portugal or just some place to lie down....reckon I'll settle for a massage though

Will need a week off later in the year to (hopefully) move into a new house as I'm sale agreed on a place so I've been looking into smartbulbs/thermostats etc. for the last while and looking up interior design shíte on pinterest

Congrats on the new house D'Ag, only moved into a new place myself last Sept.

Like yourself, I'm going through the whole home automation thing. Upgraded all the appliances, have a WiFi connected dishwasher, Bluetooth connected washing machine, the ovens have WiFi. :D:D:D

Heating needs to be moved to WiFi thermostats but that will come soon. Had a few issues with the heating that have finally been sorted (I hope!! )

Holidays may be put on hold if this COVID-19 virus takes off. Work are battening down the hatches, some extreme measures veing taken but for very good reason. We might be all working from home soon or I could be part of a skeleton crew either office based or placed abroad for a few months at a location in Europe if it all goes pear shaped. No clue whats gonna happen tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am trying to see the benefit of a wifi connected dishwasher but am failing badly. You still need to fill it so why not just press the button when you're finished?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I am trying to see the benefit of a wifi connected dishwasher but am failing badly. You still need to fill it so why not just press the button when you're finished?

Oh I didn't actually buy it for that feature, I actually discovered it when reading instruction manual, yes I read the whole instruction manual for a dishwasher :D

The washing machine had it advertised but like you, I was like wtf does a washing machine need WiFi or Bluetooth for?

I used the function once for dishwasher once while sitting on the sofa in the same room and then deleted the app, no point tbh. The washing machine can be switched on remotely so that's handy if you have a load in it but apart from that completely pointless :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I actually discovered it when reading instruction manual, yes I read the whole instruction manual for a dishwasher :D

Time well spent there Toxic!!

Panthro wrote: »
    Time well spent there Toxic!!

Shush you, I had no TV, no Internet and it was a crappy evening. What else was I meant to do? :D

I'd happily just take having the place painted and the basic utensils in there which shouldn't be too hard, I want to get the thermostat in asap though as I reckon those old timers will annoy me but do the job. Once that's in I'll look into it a bit more.

It'll be a work in progress for the next 5 years I'm assuming :D Can't wait to get in there and put a stamp on it now all the same

Hope none of you are adversely affected by the aul COVID-19 thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

Hope none of you are adversely affected by the aul COVID-19 thus far

Echoing this, hope everyone is well! I'm off at the moment. Am sure some of you are stuck with kids at home so PM me if you want links to stuff to keep them busy.

I'm quite sad that I'm off really, I will miss my little buddies. They were all very nervous yesterday when the announcement was made. I'm sure the parents were too!

I will be playing the Witcher 3 to get me through the shutdown. Anyone with other plans?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Echoing this, hope everyone is well! I'm off at the moment. Am sure some of you are stuck with kids at home so PM me if you want links to stuff to keep them busy.

I'm quite sad that I'm off really, I will miss my little buddies. They were all very nervous yesterday when the announcement was made. I'm sure the parents were too!

I will be playing the Witcher 3 to get me through the shutdown. Anyone with other plans?

Had a meetup in Dublin today cancelled so that's over £100 gone.

Reading the Witcher books before I try the games and I've banned myself from my beloved Paradox and Total War games for lent so I might grab something else.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Are these console games?

Working from home for the next while, we've cancelled a few things. Haven't been into a supermarket. Not sure my holidays will happen (end of next month), but hardly matters, really.

• Advertisement

I'll be travelling home the weekend and it'll be fine but still a bit worried about my parents, you could have it and not know yet so a bit anxious of that. Likely worrying about nothing though.

I'll be deep cleaning, ironing, trying to read and if all else fails I'll watch some videos for a cert I'd like to get. Funnily enough I can't train at the moment on doctors orders so this lockdown means I feel less shítty about doing nothing at home for a few weeks

Advertisement