Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boardsies Decide The Greatest Music Album Of All-Time

• 14-02-2020 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Greetings travellers,

So we have lots of different things happening on the Forum Games section of Boards and I have this thing I'm running and I thought I'd let those unfamiliar with Forum Games know as it's to do with music:

People send me their top 10 favourite albums of all-time via PM in numbered order of preference. Then, with a scoring system ( 10 points for number 1, 9 points for number 9, down to 1 point for number 10 etc.) I will add up the totals and run a countdown of the top 50/100 albums of all-time here on boards according to its members.

So if you're on-board, PM me your choice of favourite album of all-time or a number of your favourite albums of all-time (top 2, top 3, top 4, top 10-it doesn't matter)-just make sure it's no more than 10 and in numbered order of preference.

You can also provide reasons for your choices and I will include all or some of those commentaries in the countdown, along with a video of a song from the album, its placings and points total, a list of members who chose it, its chart peak etc.

I know it's quite hard to decide favourites but it's worth a go, and if all goes to plan, and I get enough contributions, I will do a countdown of the top 50/100 someday in the very distant future. The countdown reveal will be on the Other Forum Games board located here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1833

The reveal/countdown will not be happening for a long time so take your time, there's no rush.

Remember send me a private message with your top 10 of all-time in numbered order, or alternately, just your favourite album or your top 3 etc.

Just make sure that whatever you send, it's in numbered order.

Oh, and no Greatest Hits Albums allowed! I'm looking at you, Alan Partridge.

Everything else is fair game.

Thanks in advance for playing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Reberetta

I have a lot of submissions for this so far. Consider adding your own choices! Danke.

Still planning on a countdown. PM me your choices or post them in this thread if you prefer. Danke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It's a good idea, but when is it going to happen. A long time? Does that mean a month? Six months? A year? It's all very cloak and dagger.

Arghus wrote: »
    It's a good idea, but when is it going to happen. A long time? Does that mean a month? Six months? A year? It's all very cloak and dagger.

It'll happen when I have enough submissions to do a countdown. So participation would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Reberetta wrote: »
    It'll happen when I have enough submissions to do a countdown. So participation would be appreciated.

What is "enough submissions"?

This forum tends to be rather low on traffic and people just drop in to share interesting music.

If you are looking for a high level of feedback, you might just be in the wrong place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

What is "enough submissions"?

This forum tends to be rather low on traffic and people just drop in to share interesting music.

If you are looking for a high level of feedback, you might just be in the wrong place.

People interested in taking part should link to this:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058053641

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

People interested in taking part should link to this:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058053641

Well, if there's another thread, there's no need for this here.

Closing out as we don't want duplication of threads around here pulling discussions across forums.

Keep'em in the one place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement