Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phillips Radiogram

• 13-12-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've been given a present of a Phillips Radiogram and I've no interest or room for it. What I want to know is this - how much is it worth and where would I even begin to sell it? The picture below isn't my one, but it is the exact same. It is in perfect working order but the wood on the outside is in need of some TLC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Worth very little I suspect but your local action room or Adverts.ie would be the best place to try and sell. If you put up your general location I'll post your nearest auction rooms. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

cool piece but its a big item for people to find space for, which obviously effects the price.

Before you go to an auction room and sacrifice some of your profit, it might be an idea to try putting and ad on adverts.ie or even donedeal.ie and see what interest you get. There will be the inevitable timewaster or 2 on the phone, but if someone is actually willing to come and look at it, they might buy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I would forget altogether about approaching an auction rooms with that,its simply not somethinng they'd be interested in.

It could be saleable to a collector though and depending on whethere it's working or not.

I'd say stick it on adverts.ie but be prepared for idiots making insultingly low offers and wasting time.

It might actually be worth paying 3 euro for an ad on buy and sell.ie or donedeal...you wont have the annoyance of people posting useless comments and offers.

Auction rooms sell plenty of similar items - depends on which one you go to but it's obviously not a candidate for James Adams and the like. Either way, it's not worth much - Adverts or Done Deal....

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

Thanks all for your help. I'll put it up on donedeal and adverts and see what happens :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LittleMuppet

Oh and Judgement Day - I'm in Rathangan. I think my nearest auction room is in Prosperous. But if you could point me in the direction of others, I'd appreciate it.

Oh and Judgement Day - I'm in Rathangan. I think my nearest auction room is in Prosperous. But if you could point me in the direction of others, I'd appreciate it.

Reilly's (Prosperous) wouldn't be suitable and the next nearest (and suitable) saleroom would be Ashgrove Antiques. They also have salerooms at Jigginstown near Naas and you could do worse than give them a ring.

Ashgrove Auction Rooms,

Ballybrittas, Portlaoise, Co.Laois

Telephone:(057) 862 6290 or (057) 862 6698

Email:info@ashgrovegroup.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toirleac

Hi Little Muppet, Don't suppose by any rare and miraculous chance you still have this radiogram in a shed anywhere? It's the exact model that I have been looking for for years. Thanks, T.

Advertisement