Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know Your Certified Experts

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

A+ and N+

started ICDN1 for CCENT
    Aiming for CCNA through ICND2 after that.

will move onto an MCSA or MCITP after that.

iv also had my eye on an Apple technicians course.

I find it hard when i dont work in this area to keep me up to speed with stuff and i cant get a job without 3 years experience :(

Iv been looking for Comp Sci courses but cant find any in waterford, travelling not an option.

Any ideas on what courses would help me get a job quicker without all the experience needed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

Currently hold:

MCP: Manage and Maintain a Windows Sever 2003 Network Infrastructure
    MCTS: Configuring Windows 7
    MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician, Windows 7

Working towards the new MCSA in Server 2008, and then onto messaging and communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

CCNA
    MCSA: Windows 7
    CompTIA A+
    CompTIA Network+

Working towards MCSA Server 2012 & CCNA Security

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Current:
    A+
    Network+
    CCNA R&S
    ITIL Foundation

Up next:
    VCP5-DCV (prior to xmas hopefully)
    MCSA Server 2008 R2 (some progress in this before christmas would be great)
    CCNA Security (2014)
    LPIC-1 (not sure when, sooner the better)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Just passed CCNA yesterday. Took a long time on one of the SIMs and ended up having to fly through the second half of the exam.
    So I have MCSA 2003 in messaging and CCNA now.
    Missed out on my chance for the 2003 to 2008 upgrade exam, as they phased it out a few months ago (boo). I failed it twice but didn't prepare well either time. Might just give up on the MS ones now, as I would have to start from scratch with the 2008 ones.

Next up CCNA security, then CCNP Security

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 barks1990

Jesus, You lot put me too shame I only have the Comptia N+ ,A+ and half a MCSA(will pass the other part soon enough fingers crossed).How long did it take you too acquire all them certs?Very impressive none the less.

I'm working in tech support the past 6 months and will start looking for a new job around july 2014 when i hopefully have 1 or 2 more certs.Do you think with about 5 certs and over a years experience in tech support id stand a chance getting a level 2 support job or something along them lines??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Nabber wrote: »
    Exams I passed last year

Comptia A+
    Comptia Network+
    Comptia Server+
    Comptia Security+
    HP Networking devices
    CCNA
    CCNA Security
    Cisco Unified Systems

My plan was to go along with the Cisco path. But my job push me into other exams.

Company Goals for next year:
    Server 2008
    Comptia Linux

Hi,

Have the CCNA, doing CCNA Security to renew CCNA aswell.

How did you find the CCNA security exam and study? Decided to get CCNA sec as it doesn't take long to learn and is suppose to be an "easier" exam to pass

BobbyT28

Just realised that this thread goes back to 2013. HAHA:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Just realised that this thread goes back to 2013. HAHA:D

ibstar wrote: »

HAHA be interested to see peoples updated list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jaoibh

Jaoibh wrote: »
    Hi Guys n Gals,

I've 4 MCP's
    70-270 - XP Pro
    70-290 - Server 2k3
    70-284 - Exchange 2k3
    70-297 - Designing and AD for 2k3

This is funny I've not looked at this thread in a really long time.

I've got 15 MCP's now and 15 years experience, including consulting and global experience.
    If you've got a MCSA or MCSE you should be working on the Azure exams or other cloud equivalents.. in 4 years time you'll thank me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Decided to give up on individual certs and get a degree, to much time and money keeping track and renewing all these certs. Hope to move into engineering on the back of the degree.

Fair play getting 15 of them under your belt Jaoibh!

Level 5 FETAC in

Computer Generated Graphics And Webauthoring: Awarded Distinction

• Registered Users Posts: 1 zeeshan21

I'm certified Networking engineer and currently working in a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭tech

what certs have you got todate?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Hi All,

I've been working full time in the IT industry for about 20 years. I've worked across a number of organisations and industries mainly in support type roles - sys admin - working with AD, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Windows/Linux server, data centre work, monitoring, Exchange, backup, VMware, etc. I have BSC honours IT degree.

I'm on the lookout jobs wise and think I could really benefit from some certification(s). I'm currently running through CCNA 200-301 course on udemy - very good and planning to take some practice exams soon and then go for it. I think it would be a good basis to start with (I should have done this years ago!). I'm thinking next something along the lines of Security/Cloud certification. Could anybody make any good suggestions for good qualifications in this area both to increase my knowledge and help me make the move in my career.

Thank you

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

With that experience you should be able to fly through most exams.
    I'd go the AWS Architect route if I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BongoD

MCSE Windows 2000 (Yeah I'm old...) 🤣

Solaris 8 Administrator

ITIL V3 Foundation

CompTIA Security+

Certified Ethical Hacker/Certified Penetration Tester

Currently studying for CISSP certification. I work for a US Defense (Defence..) Contractor which mandates CISSP in order to work on certain programmes. Hope I get the stupid thing; it's been hanging over my head for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kevinpeter

DumpsPDF.com is the best site for providing Premium Dumps Questions for IT certification exams, whether it is the exam from Microsoft, HPE, Snowflake, Cisco, CompTIA or AWS. With their help, you can get desired scores in your exams and 100% success in your career. They provide only the latest and most updated dumps questions, so you can be sure that you are getting the best possible preparation for your exams. They also offer a money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the products.

Advertisement