Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New to airsoft in Ireland

• 02-09-2019 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello everyone =)

I´ll be moving to Ireland in the next year, and I´m currently an airsoft player in my country.
    As I was able to find out so far, you have very strict laws regarding the guns there...
    So, I have a couple questions and would love to get some help on them, as I was unable to find realiable information online so far=/

- The maximum FPS/Power is 310/1J? For ANY airsoft gun? No distinction to spring powered, AEG, or anything?
    - Do I need any documents to buy the guns? Or just be 18+?
    - I see many people commenting about Taiwangun, is it legal to buy from there (requesting the fps downgrade)?
    - Is UKARA needed or not?
    - Any restrictions on scopes, laser, supressors?

And also, how are the fields/games you play? Are you mostly milsim players or do you have for fun/CQB/speedQB too?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide me =) And sorry for the load of questions lol
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

LordMand wrote: »
    Hello everyone =)

I´ll be moving to Ireland in the next year, and I´m currently an airsoft player in my country.
    As I was able to find out so far, you have very strict laws regarding the guns there...
    So, I have a couple questions and would love to get some help on them, as I was unable to find realiable information online so far=/

- The maximum FPS/Power is 310/1J? For ANY airsoft gun? No distinction to spring powered, AEG, or anything?
    - Do I need any documents to buy the guns? Or just be 18+?
    - I see many people commenting about Taiwangun, is it legal to buy from there (requesting the fps downgrade)?
    - Is UKARA needed or not?
    - Any restrictions on scopes, laser, supressors?

And also, how are the fields/games you play? Are you mostly milsim players or do you have for fun/CQB/speedQB too?

Thank you in advance for any help you may provide me =) And sorry for the load of questions lol

Maximum power is 328fps/1 joule for any airsoft rifle/pistol etc

No you don't need any docs and generally shops sell only to over 18's unless a parent is present. This isn't always the case though

Yes you can buy from Taiwangun but expect a delay in Irish Customs. Gun may be destroyed if they find its over 328fps. Irish airsoft shops are quite competitive and they'll provide after sales service.

Don't know what UKARA is

Only restriction on lasers is green lasers are banned by Irish authorities and will be confiscated if you try to import one. Ask me how I know!!!

Games are mostly outdoors with short 20-30 minute durations but some indoor cqb too with the occasional MILSIM.

Hope this helps!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LordMand

D13exile wrote: »
    Maximum power is 328fps/1 joule for any airsoft rifle/pistol etc

No you don't need any docs and generally shops sell only to over 18's unless a parent is present. This isn't always the case though

Yes you can buy from Taiwangun but expect a delay in Irish Customs. Gun may be destroyed if they find its over 328fps. Irish airsoft shops are quite competitive and they'll provide after sales service.

Don't know what UKARA is

Only restriction on lasers is green lasers are banned by Irish authorities and will be confiscated if you try to import one. Ask me how I know!!!

Games are mostly outdoors with short 20-30 minute durations but some indoor cqb too with the occasional MILSIM.

Hope this helps!!!

Thank you!

Well, if the maximum fps is 328, how do you guys deal with airsoft “categories”? Like, snipers, DMR, assault...here we have different fps limits for each category, and also a minimum engagement distance (up to 400 fps for assault, no minimum distance, up to 450 for DMR, 20m distance, up to 550 for sniper, 30m distance).
    Also, with so little fps, are the DMR/Sniper roles even useful?
    And I have seen many stores online (although they are a bit hard o find and navigate hahaha), and the problem is not really the price, as they tend o be very competitive, but the availability of certain products :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Ukara is for the UK only .

Were a separate sovereign state

Fps wise 328 is the maximum allowable by law there is no distinction between side arms ,DMR ,sniper , support were all on the same fps.

We have lots of snipers playing here ,you loose out at longer ranges but no minimum engagement makes it better

That should be interesting. Gotta learn new techniques for gaining range hahaha
    What is the typical distance a sniper can get? 60m?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 tacmastermike

There's a good few sites around the country, where will you be moving to? If you in the Dublin area you've access to both CQB and woodland sites within >1hr drive. Our main milsim site is Bellurgan Park Airsoft, they host 4 themed events a year, between 20-30hrs long and from 200 -300 players

• Advertisement

There's a good few sites around the country, where will you be moving to? If you in the Dublin area you've access to both CQB and woodland sites within >1hr drive. Our main milsim site is Bellurgan Park Airsoft, they host 4 themed events a year, between 20-30hrs long and from 200 -300 players

I'll probably be in Dublin center ;)
    How are the transport rules for this kind of thing? Is it ok to go outside half dressed up? The guns need to be in special bags of sorts? Is it possible to use public transport, or do I need a car?
    Thanks, and sorry for all the questions hahaha pretty much everything about the country is new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

LordMand wrote: »
    I'll probably be in Dublin center ;)
    How are the transport rules for this kind of thing? Is it ok to go outside half dressed up? The guns need to be in special bags of sorts? Is it possible to use public transport, or do I need a car?
    Thanks, and sorry for all the questions hahaha pretty much everything about the country is new to me.

Wearing camo is fine no tactical gear and aegs in a secure case and you should be fine on public transport ,
    There is a CQB indoor site very close to the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Just to add to Gatling's last post.
    A general rule of thumb is that your Airsoft aegs, pistols, etc should never be visible at any time to the general public, that includes transportation and even at home.
    Innocently you could be out your back garden with a pistol in your hand and someone could see you from an upper window. They cannot determine if it's real or not and may call An Garda (Police) and then the fun starts.
    If you already have equipment over the 1 j there are a few reputable places around who should be able to adjust them down for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

A reverse question.

Do all devices have to be two-tone in Britain? If one was moving from here to there, say, would devices bought on the Irish market be allowed?

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Just to add to Gatling's last post.
    A general rule of thumb is that your Airsoft aegs, pistols, etc should never be visible at any time to the general public, that includes transportation and even at home.
    Innocently you could be out your back garden with a pistol in your hand and someone could see you from an upper window. They cannot determine if it's real or not and may call An Garda (Police) and then the fun starts.
    If you already have equipment over the 1 j there are a few reputable places around who should be able to adjust them down for you.

Sounds fair!
    I won't be bringing any equipment with me, apart from tactical gear like helmet and vest. I'm selling everything here before travelling ;)

• Advertisement

A reverse question.

Do all devices have to be two-tone in Britain? If one was moving from here to there, say, would devices bought on the Irish market be allowed?

As far as I read, you can have unidentifiable replicas (such as irish ones) if you are a registered airsoft player. Otherwise only two-tones are allowed. But I may be mistaken here.

Advertisement