Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop that can run Revit AutoCAD

• 23-02-2020 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭

Hello.
    I'm currently upskilling and looking to use Revit /AutoCAD.
    But unsure on what desktops can run it.
    I've a budget of €200 for a desktop.
    I know that budget isn't good at all but I'd be running older versions of the software as the newest is most likely too demanding.
    I was looking at something along these lines.
    HP Elite 8300 SFF Quad Core i5-3470 3.20GHz 8GB 256GB SSD DVD WiFi Windows 10 Professional Desktop PC Computer With Antivirus (Renewed) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071YNPF12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8QQuEb0CN07H0

I have a monitor /mouse/ keyboard so only need a desktop.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

honda boi wrote: »
    Hello.
    I'm currently upskilling and looking to use Revit /AutoCAD.
    But unsure on what desktops can run it.
    I've a budget of €200 for a desktop.
    I know that budget isn't good at all but I'd be running older versions of the software as the newest is most likely too demanding.
    I was looking at something along these lines.
    HP Elite 8300 SFF Quad Core i5-3470 3.20GHz 8GB 256GB SSD DVD WiFi Windows 10 Professional Desktop PC Computer With Antivirus (Renewed) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071YNPF12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_8QQuEb0CN07H0

I have a monitor /mouse/ keyboard so only need a desktop.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Revit needs a reasonable GPU AFAIK, depending on the version you're using. AutoCAD too but not as much. Which versions are you looking at running, as they'll have published minimum and optimal specifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

smacl wrote: »
    Revit needs a reasonable GPU AFAIK, depending on the version you're using. AutoCAD too but not as much. Which versions are you looking at running, as they'll have published minimum and optimal specifications.

Maybe 2016/2017 version of revit.
    Do you think the on boards graphics would handle it?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

honda boi wrote: »
    Maybe 2016/2017 version of revit.
    Do you think the on boards graphics would handle it?

System requirements for Revit 2016 here Your linked PC seems ok but makes no reference to graphics and specs require D3D 11 minimum. This is most likely ok but could be a dog performance wise. Any kind of minimum GPU would probably help this quite a bit if it became an issue.

Advertisement