Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Lol, sorry! I love it too :/

You're ok! I know what it's like to get sick and to get put off food. It happened me in Jan and took me a while to find foods that I found appetising after!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

That's weird misslt, I was only discussing parma ham today with my partner and whether it was 1pp per slice or not! strange that!

Just pointed it, 1pp per slice.

So instead of walking I did 20 mins of zumba on the xbox, fricking fantastic, really gets you moving and I earned 4 activity points according to my pedometer. Best purchase in a long time!

Think I'm going to have a drink now, I earned it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done on your loss Lainy. My exams are coming up in 3 weeks time and I've assignments due as well so I can feel your pain.

Same as my self, a week of classes,then two weeks of cramming and studying then 2 weeks of exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Nom.

Just finished my do it yourself takeaway.

WW pepperoni pizza (13PP) with 2 tbsp low fat coleslaw (2PP) and 100g chips (5PP). 20PP seems high but had only eaten 10PP through the course of they day so I thought, why not.

3PP left and might have some icecream with the OH and watch a film.

Whoever said it earlier, the sun really does put you in a good mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:rolleyes:at christening 2day,just grazed the day away-after the"proper"food,there was bowls of all sorts of goodies around and lovely cake so i wouldn't like to hazzard a guess even to calcalate how may pps,dailies,weeklies,etc i had!! i'll just have to start in morn with 29pps as if it never happened or i'll totally blow it !!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 nic79

hollyhock just write it off and start fresh tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

I've used all my daily, my weeklies and my activity points and I'd say I've gone about 10 PP over. My weigh in is Tuesday morning, is there any way of saving myself and rectifiying the damage I've done! I exercised 6 days this week but all PP are gone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Sorry if this post seems smug, but I'm really proud of myself :o

I went to a party last night. Knew I'd be drinking a good bit so only ate 15pp during the day. I drank a good bit of vodka (I'm too embarrassed to say how many PP worth, but it was well within my weeklies anyway!). I knew there'd be cocktail sausages and chicken wings and that sort of stuff, so I brought an apple, a banana and a bag of popcorn to try and keep me away from the bad food! In the end, I just stayed in a different room when the food came out. I did eat one chicken wing, and had one small slice of cheesecake, but stayed within my dailies.

Then today, I was horrificly hungover and went to Eddie Rockets for my hangover lunch...and got the Caesar Salad, with no Parmesan and the dressing on the side. I didn't even use the dressing, just poured some cajun dip over it instead and it was lovely! I drank water instead of full-fat coke (my usual hangover cure!) and although I snuck 3 bacon and cheese fries off my boyfriend, I was astonished at my willpower!

This evening I made a gorgeous spicy chicken arrabbiata dish from scratch, made enough to bring some to work tomorrow too. Just had 2 glasses of white wine to treat myself after a relatively good weekend!

Really hoping to see results on the scales on Tuesday. Between food and exercise, this has been my best week by far since I rejoined WW, so fingers crossed!

I went to a party last night. Knew I'd be drinking a good bit so only ate 15pp during the day. I drank a good bit of vodka (I'm too embarrassed to say how many PP worth, but it was well within my weeklies anyway!). I knew there'd be cocktail sausages and chicken wings and that sort of stuff, so I brought an apple, a banana and a bag of popcorn to try and keep me away from the bad food! In the end, I just stayed in a different room when the food came out. I did eat one chicken wing, and had one small slice of cheesecake, but stayed within my dailies.

Then today, I was horrificly hungover and went to Eddie Rockets for my hangover lunch...and got the Caesar Salad, with no Parmesan and the dressing on the side. I didn't even use the dressing, just poured some cajun dip over it instead and it was lovely! I drank water instead of full-fat coke (my usual hangover cure!) and although I snuck 3 bacon and cheese fries off my boyfriend, I was astonished at my willpower!

This evening I made a gorgeous spicy chicken arrabbiata dish from scratch, made enough to bring some to work tomorrow too. Just had 2 glasses of white wine to treat myself after a relatively good weekend!

Really hoping to see results on the scales on Tuesday. Between food and exercise, this has been my best week by far since I rejoined WW, so fingers crossed!

Nothing smug about willpower and preparation!

I think we're all turning the corner....theres a pretty positive vibe on here at the moment! :D

would love to see the recipe for the spicy chicken arrabbiata dish sometime if you had it pointed! sounds Lush!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Lovely to see that the good weather is putting everyone in a positive mood today. I feel so sorry for anyone studying - I remember when that was me - and that's a long time ago!

I got a walk today with my Dad while my Mum looked after the kids. It was lovely to be out in the sun. Haven't had my dinner yet tonight, & I have 12 points left, so off to see what's in the fridge. Keep up the good work everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Well done you. Hope you get a good result on Tues after all the hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Seriously hungover today but managaed to drag myself off the sofa and go out for a Power walk. Note to self when hungover, dehydrated and the sun is splitting the trees do Not go for a run or power walk!

Jaysus I came back in bits and in dire need of some water and salt so I downed a pint of water and made myself a salad sambo with a tiny bit of mayo and a packet of Velvet crunch - well within my points and when I made dinner (it was fish) I got a bone and it put me off it so I actually didn't eat that and had a bowl of fruit salad instead.

Really good weekend ate and drank about 50pp both Friday and Saturday!! :p but it was all covered by weeklies and dailies and a good weekend was had. The best bit of it I was out for a girlie lunch yesterday and I decided to get very dressed up and wore a vintage dress which is quite form fitting and something which a friend brought me back from Oz at xmas it didn't fit it was an australian size 12 which I think is a UK size 12 as well i'm not sure but I tried it on on Friday when I got in from work and it fit (granted it's a 1950's dress so is quite fitted think Joan from Madmen! :) ) Anyway I was thrilled so wore it yesterday and I got lots of compliments from the girls on all the weight I've lost - none of them know I'm doing WW and when they said wow you've lost loads of weight I just said really I dunno maybe I have I don't weigh myself so I wouldn't know! LMFAO I know that was a lie but I don't want to say I'm Doing WW until i'm 2/3's of the way through on my weightloss journey otherwise It'll be constant WW talk and asking me how much I lost etc etc etc and I don't want that added stress Im just am happy out doing it quietly by myself atm! :D and this is the only place I'll tell my weight and my weightloss

I felt really comfortable and wasn't pucking and poking at myself and even eating I decided to eat something I really really wanted (Haddock tempura) and I only could eat half of it, I'm also finding my taste buds really changing so anything oily or greasy I can't eat it so yes I had a very bold weekend but it was all within points I drank eek 8 jack daniels yesterday but had no wine so thats a plus but my poor liver is in bits today! but I love girlie lunches that start at 2.30 and finish at 11pm LOL! they're only once a month and I think it's just as well for my liver's sake!!

Has anyone tried the WW choc chip and orange mini cookies? They're fricking gorgeous, and only 2pp :)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Nothing smug about willpower and preparation!

I think we're all turning the corner....theres a pretty positive vibe on here at the moment! :D

would love to see the recipe for the spicy chicken arrabbiata dish sometime if you had it pointed! sounds Lush!

It's very easy and FULL of 0pp ingredients! I've made it a good few times and tweak the recipe each time to try and perfect it but today's was the best one I made. I use a LOT of chilli though (twice as much as in the recipe below) as I love it very spicy, but here's a slightly milder version and you can add or remove the amount of chilli depending on how you like it. The good thing is, you can add a small bit at the start and just keep adding more to taste as you go along.

Spicy Chicken Arrabiata
    (Serves 1)
    14pp

1 dessert spoon olive oil - 3pp
    1/2 a white onion, finely diced - 0pp
    1-2 garlic cloves finely chopped (depends on taste, I LOVE garlic so use 2!) - 0pp
    1 dessert spoon Gourmet Garden Hot Chilli - 0pp* (I only bought this as I couldn't get fresh chillis but it works really well. It is in the veg section of my local supermarket. The whole tube (115g) is only 3pp so I didn't even bother pointing it for such a small amount)
    1 can chopped tomatoes - 0pp
    1 dessert spoon chilli flakes - 0pp
    1 dessert spoon coarse ground black pepper - 0pp
    1 teaspoon basil - 0pp
    1 teaspoon oregano - 0pp
    Sprinkle of salt
    70g dried wholewheat pasta - 7pp
    1 large chicken breast - 4pp

Heat the olive oil in a pan on a medium heat, then add the garlic and onions and saute until slightly brown (about 4-5 mins). Add the Gourmet Garden Hot Chilli and leave for a further minute. Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, chilli flakes, basil, oregano black pepper and season with salt. Simmer on a very low heat for about 20 mins.

Cut the chicken into strips and cook (I grilled them) and cook the pasta. Then throw it all into the sauce, stir and serve!

Oh This looks and sounds so YUM

ProPoints® Value PER SERVING : 3
    Servings: 4
    Preparation Time: 5 min
    Cooking Time: 12 min
    Level of Difficulty: Moderate

Serve these easy fruit tarts with low fat fromage frais or low fat natural yogurt.

Ingredients
    22 g Margarine, Polyunsaturated, (soft) Melted
    4 slice(s) (medium) Bread, White, Sliced
    1 teaspoons Sugar, Muscovado
    1 can(s) (small) Pears, in Juice, Drained
    1 medium Banana, sliced thinly

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/200°C/400°F

Brush a little melted margarine over each slice of bread. Sprinkle a small amount of the sugar over the top and place each slice on a non-stick baking tray.

Arrange the pear slices on each slice of bread, working from the outside to the centre. Then place the banana slices in the centre. Make sure you cover all the bread, otherwise it will burn.

Sprinkle the remaining sugar over each slice of bread, ensuring the fruit is well covered, and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden and bubbling hot.

Serve the tarts straight from the oven, on their own, or with a spoonful of low fat fromage frais or low fat yogurt.

Ughh got up with great intentions to do the couch to 5k this morning at 6am. Got the gear on, suited and booted and walk outside and it's bloody raining. I never exercise in the rain as it really puts me off and I only had time for a shower but not to wash my hair etc so ended up coming back inside :(

Don't have time to go out tonight as I am going to view some new apartments with the OH. Have only exercised twice since Thursday (WI is Wed) and ate all my weeklies, have a feeling this is not going to be a good week scales wise again. Feeling a bit deflated. :(

I need to have a good week to keep me on track, I think I have been slowly falling off the wagon, which is worse than just throwing yourself off it and then getting back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I'm actaully looking fwd to weighing in this wednesday morning.:cool:

Ive been sticking to my points relegiously and have done the following:
    • Wed - walked 2.5 miles over lunch
    • Thu - walked 2.5 miles over lunch
    • Fri - ran 3.0 miles in morning + went for a 2.0mile walk after lunch
    • Sat - Cut the grass(really really big garden unfortunatly:mad:) and spent 4-5hrs shoveling/piking grass and compost around the place:eek:.
    • Sun - will be rest day:)
    • Mon -Will be another 3.0 mile run in the morning, 2.5 milelunchtime walk if weather holds
    • Tue - lunchtime walk if weather holds - 2.5 mile lunchtime walk if weather holds

The walking is the norm but any weeks I go running I tend to have more weight loss.
    And 2 weeks ago I did the same amount of gardening resulting in one of my best weeks '%loss'-wise and 'lbs loss'-wise since I started

So, oh please let it be a good number. I averaged 2.5lbs since I started and need 7lbs to have lost 2st wich I hope to reach in 2weeks, so need 3.5 a week...but wouldnt be dissapointed if it were to take 3 weeks:cool:

had my weekly 'sneaky midweek sanity check weigh yesterday morning and after all the walking, the friday run and gardening on sat I was UP?!? Yes, I was up 1and3/4LBS??!?!?:mad:

I was fairly stiff this morning, but that blip from yesterday made me extra dtermined to go running this morning and knocked 2mins off my best 3mile time ...30:46!!!

Hope I'm down some little bit wednewsday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭bobbles87

I'm actaully looking fwd to weighing in this wednesday morning.:cool:

Ive been sticking to my points relegiously and have done the following:
    • Wed - walked 2.5 miles over lunch
    • Thu - walked 2.5 miles over lunch
    • Fri - ran 3.0 miles in morning + went for a 2.0mile walk after lunch
    • Sat - Cut the grass(really really big garden unfortunatly:mad:) and spent 4-5hrs shoveling/piking grass and compost around the place:eek:.
    • Sun - will be rest day:)
    • Mon -Will be another 3.0 mile run in the morning, 2.5 milelunchtime walk if weather holds
    • Tue - lunchtime walk if weather holds - 2.5 mile lunchtime walk if weather holds
    The walking is the norm but any weeks I go running I tend to have more weight loss.
    And 2 weeks ago I did the same amount of gardening resulting in one of my best weeks '%loss'-wise and 'lbs loss'-wise since I started

So, oh please let it be a good number. I averaged 2.5lbs since I started and need 7lbs to have lost 2st wich I hope to reach in 2weeks, so need 3.5 a week...but wouldnt be dissapointed if it were to take 3 weeks:cool:
    had my weekly 'sneaky midweek sanity check weigh yesterday morning and after all the walking, the friday run and gardening on sat I was UP?!? Yes, I was up 1and3/4LBS??!?!?:mad:

I was fairly stiff this morning, but that blip from yesterday made me extra dtermined to go running this morning and knocked 2mins off my best 3mile time ...30:46!!!

Hope I'm down some little bit wednewsday!!

Wow that sounds like alot of exercise, I know how disheartening it can be to do all that exercise and not lose. I had been running and walking 5 miles per day at least 5 times a week over the past month. I havent been loosing alot - overall over the past 4 weeks approx 2.5lbs, AND that was when I have changed back to the points plan. But to be honest may be you are showing up heavier because of muscle gain. Last night I saw one of the girls who I havent seen since beginning of Feb and she was sayin ' jes you must have lost another size'...so may be eventhough we are weighing in heavier, its jus lean muscle:D...

I think the closer you get to goal the tougher it is, I am around 9 stone 9lbs and I cant seem to shake the further 5lbs I want to, to get to my own goal, I do think the running is making me show up heavier on the scales though, but I do feel so much better for it. Think I may resort to measuring myself to see if there is any inch loss!

WI tonight. Feeling happy enough.

Going for a walk now and I have a chicken fillet defrosting for a Cajun chicken salad for lunch which I am really looking forward to!

Earned 20 activity points since last Monday, hoping they will show on the scales!

Had a lovely breakfast - 40g of porridge with a little canderel, 20g of museli and a banana. 7pp but it was so filling, it was lovely! Want to get at least my 2l of water into me today too.

Studying starts today, hoping I can control the urge to snack - but the cupboard is full of WW stuff so at least if I do I'm not doing too much damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.
    I had a few bottles of kobra beer yesterday and can't find the points for love nor money anyone know by any chance?

Am loving the new ww mag, the baked spud recipies are fab. Nice change fron the soup & sambo combi :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

bobbles87 wrote: »
    Wow that sounds like alot of exercise, I know how disheartening it can be to do all that exercise and not lose. I had been running and walking 5 miles per day at least 5 times a week over the past month. I havent been loosing alot - overall over the past 4 weeks approx 2.5lbs, AND that was when I have changed back to the points plan. But to be honest may be you are showing up heavier because of muscle gain. Last night I saw one of the girls who I havent seen since beginning of Feb and she was sayin ' jes you must have lost another size'...so may be eventhough we are weighing in heavier, its jus lean muscle:D...

I think the closer you get to goal the tougher it is, I am around 9 stone 9lbs and I cant seem to shake the further 5lbs I want to, to get to my own goal, I do think the running is making me show up heavier on the scales though, but I do feel so much better for it. Think I may resort to measuring myself to see if there is any inch loss!

I hope it's the muscle gain, but @ 15+ stone I thought I had a bit to go yet before the muscle gain started to outweigh the blubber loss :(, I collected 35 activity points this week but I dont use them

If I go by BMI indexes and add 10%, a good healty weight for me would be around the 190LBS, I'm still 2stone away from that? I was really not expecting to be up.

Lets hope it was the food I ate saturday(I did have a few slices of soda bread at lunch and some goujons for supper, but was below my dailys) that was taking it's time digesting :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi All, hope everyone had a good weekend!

I did (sort of), started off well anyway, went for a run on Friday and saturday. Spent most of the weekend cooking because I was having ppl for dinner yesterday. Made a nice healthy ww dinner for them. Then it went downhill when they left! I had to go to the orthodontist so I ended up going mad last night cos I knew I wouldn't be able to eat anything until about Wednesday and ate 21pp in biscuits and chocolate :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Don't feel too bad about though (which I should) but I'm literally in so much pain right now I don't care. :( I just tried to eat a banana and no joke, a 3 month old, would have eaten quicker than me! So will defo be no chocolate or anything that doesn't come in liquid format for me for the next wee while. Thank god, I made two batches of soup yesterday to keep me going :)

Sorry for the rant, not feeling on top of the world at the min, but keep reminding myself - no pain no gain!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Hi all,

It's my first time to post to this thread. I joined weight watchers a year ago this week and by November I'd lost 2 and a half stone. Unfortunately I've completely fallen off the wagon and I'm back up 9 and a half pounds. I can't seem to find the motivation anymore. I'm great for the start of the week and then I just give up. Any advice on how to start again?

Shindy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Just back from docs have laryngitis  wonder I never asked could I still exercise he did say to take it easy and rest do ya think I could still go to Zumba and Body combat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Just back from docs have laryngitis  wonder I never asked could I still exercise he did say to take it easy and rest do ya think I could still go to Zumba and Body combat?

To be honest, you are prob better off giving it a skip this week, to give your body a chance to recover. The doc did say to take it easy and rest!:p I know its frustrating but you could end up making yourself sicker by doing to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

I was just wondering if anyone knows how many points are in one pink'n'white, our leader says 2pp but i read somewhere that theyre only 1pp?
    My WI is on Wednesday, im very excited, first week is nearly over, didnt find it too tough but my motivation is at its peak so I suppose thats why.

I had a lovely tortilla pizza last night for dinner with a big salad and some homemade honey mustard dressing, it was so quick and satisfying! I'm also finding those nescafe skinny mochas great for the evening, theyre very rich and creamy and only 2pp. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks to everyone who recommended the low fat sausages - never even thought of looking for low fat ones! Got them today in Supervalue, but when I was there spotted Weightwatchers sausages too so going to try them as well.

Got Denny Gold Medal for hubbie and going to make him do a taste test between the three and we'll see what happens :)

While in Supervalue I saw they have a great selection of weightwatchers products that I havent seen in other places. I got a pack of bagels too, and some grated cheese. Hopefully will all help.

Oh and also got those Mini Liquer Magnums, just did a quick calc on the points and think theyre only four points, happy days!

Evil birthday cake in work! Stop tempting me with your icing and sponge!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

mdbatches wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how many points are in one pink'n'white, our leader says 2pp but i read somewhere that theyre only 1pp?
    My WI is on Wednesday, im very excited, first week is nearly over, didnt find it too tough but my motivation is at its peak so I suppose thats why.

I had a lovely tortilla pizza last night for dinner with a big salad and some homemade honey mustard dressing, it was so quick and satisfying! I'm also finding those nescafe skinny mochas great for the evening, theyre very rich and creamy and only 2pp. :)

Its 1 pp for one pink and white or 3pp for 2!

• Advertisement

Monday madness. Why do I always get so hungry on Monday and almost sabotage myself even further.

Have eaten 19PP already today!!! Leaving me with 14PP, 10 at least of which will be on dinner...

Oh I really hope I have a loss this week, however small, to spur me on.

So much on the next few weeks I need a loss to keep me going.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement