Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to cancel gym membership? Specifically FlyeFit

• 28-03-2020 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi,

My next payment for FlyeFit is scheduled for April 1, and their FAQ specifies a 72-hour notice period. However, when I log into my FlyeFit account, there is no way to cancel membership that I can find, and certainly not one that corresponds to their out-of-date FAQ.

Anyone else figured out how to do this?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

meitheal wrote: »
    Hi,

My next payment for FlyeFit is scheduled for April 1, and their FAQ specifies a 72-hour notice period. However, when I log into my FlyeFit account, there is no way to cancel membership that I can find, and certainly not one that corresponds to their out-of-date FAQ.

Thank you.

Maybe the option isn't available as certain options seem to be unavailable at the minute. Cancel your DD and email them

• Registered Users Posts: 33 meitheal

Thanks, Alf. I know it's a tough time for businesses everywhere, but they shouldn't be deactivating whatever standard interface options there are to cancel or pause membership.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Flyefit arent charging payments. They didn't charge me. Did you not get an email from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Hi,

Thank you.

As they are closed, all membership payments are paused. So you will not be billed on 1st April. If you cancel and wanna go back when they open there will be a rejoining fee.

Thanks, Alf. I know it's a tough time for businesses everywhere, but they shouldn't be deactivating whatever standard interface options there are to cancel or pause membership.

Memberships have been paused since they first closed. Got an email then and a text to tell me to check my email today and the text said no charges. From the email:

"You will not be charged during the period that we are closed. Your direct payments have been automatically suspended until we re-open and your usual monthly payment will resume at that time."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 meitheal

In fairness, Dravokivich and Alf, I did get an email this morning saying I wouldn't be charged while they are closed. However, they also said that I would be charged when they re-open, and I'd rather cancel now to avoid the risk of being charged the moment they are allowed to re-open. My usage had decreased anyway pre-coronavirus, so I'd rather cancel now and not have to worry about the timing in a few weeks or months.

In fairness, Dravokivich and Alf, I did get an email this morning saying I wouldn't be charged while they are closed. However, they also said that I would be charged when they re-open, and I'd rather cancel now to avoid the risk of being charged the moment they are allowed to re-open. My usage had decreased anyway pre-coronavirus, so I'd rather cancel now and not have to worry about the timing in a few weeks or months.

Cancel DD and email them.

Advertisement