Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booking.com Cancellation

Options
  • 23-03-2020 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I have a non-refundable booking for London. Does anyone know if there would be any loophole to get a refund on this. long shot and i should have booked a refundable booking hindsight is great...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

ftm2008 wrote: »
    I have a non-refundable booking for London. Does anyone know if there would be any loophole to get a refund on this. long shot and i should have booked a refundable booking hindsight is great...

They will force a cancellation if there's a do not travel advisory or if the country the booking is for shuts down. They did for me with Italy. Get on to their live chat and they'll sort it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Some chains are refunding non refundable bookings given the circumstances.

Think your best bet as booking.com is just an intermediary is to try the hotel directly and ask, they may let you change dates or issue s refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

thanks ill give it a go..

Been in London it move prove trickier but can only try

thanks ill give it a go..

Been in London it move prove trickier but can only try

Got 50% refund offered .. could have waited fought for the 100% but happy to get something so took the offer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,111 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I contacted the hotels through their send a message facility and got refunds for all, including one non refundable booking. When all this is over, it will be the little non refundable place I will give my business to.

• Advertisement

same experience, went through the process on the app and received full refund from a non-refundable booking

very decent behaviour, have to say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭billyhead

spurious wrote: »
    I contacted the hotels through their send a message facility and got refunds for all, including one non refundable booking. When all this is over, it will be the little non refundable place I will give my business to.

Can you pm me what you said to get the refund. I have bookings with a few hostels that I paid for and I'm not sure I will get my money back.

billyhead wrote: »
    Can you pm me what you said to get the refund. I have bookings with a few hostels that I paid for and I'm not sure I will get my money back.
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Agoda, non-refundable booking.

Contacted the hotel and asked if they would honor a refund, they said yes.

Went back to Agoda account a few hours later and I was able to cancel with full refund. Funds refunded to credit card used to purchase within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I had two non refundable bookings through booking.com. One agreed to cancel for full refund, one told me no chance. I asked I could be given a voucher for future use at their hotel, again, straight out no. So I'm not cancelling it. I'll wait it out and if they have to cancel it then I assume they'll have to pay me back cos they can't provide the room I booked. If they don't have to cancel I'll just be a no show, they have my money already, I won't give them a chance to get someone else's for the same room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I was offered a 50% refund or date change with the Radisson in Oman . I just changed the dates as I’m over there with work fairly often. ( well hopefully I ca get over there again in July )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,122 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I was meant to stay in a hotel, that went into lockdown with travel restrictions the day before I was meant to stay. The hotel cancelled the booking but are refusing to refund the up front payment.

I have tried ringing booking.com but they are not dealing with the booking as it was in the past, and I can't seem to find any live help chat with an agent that is not just messaging the hotel through booking.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

FitzShane wrote: »
    I was meant to stay in a hotel, that went into lockdown with travel restrictions the day before I was meant to stay. The hotel cancelled the booking but are refusing to refund the up front payment.

I have tried ringing booking.com but they are not dealing with the booking as it was in the past, and I can't seem to find any live help chat with an agent that is not just messaging the hotel through booking.com.

If THEY cancelled the booking and are refusing a refund,
    1) Contact the hotel to confirm the above
    2) Contact booking agent to confirm the above
    3) Chargeback, using evidence from 1 & 2 to support your claim

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Discod

Based on the world's situation, refund it's ok, for non refundable too, but as said better to contact the hotels and booking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

I booked an apartment through booking.com, 50% refund if cancel before April 17th so was going to wait a few weeks anyway.
    Wonder what story is with apartments?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    I booked an apartment through booking.com, 50% refund if cancel before April 17th so was going to wait a few weeks anyway.
    Wonder what story is with apartments?

No difference, has the provider cancelled the booking- if so you are due a refund.

If not, consult your travel insurance.

Advertisement