Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

stretches for legs+gluteal muscles, are these right?

• 21-03-2020 5:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

hi all
    firstly, its my first time posting here, and I have no idea if I'm in the right tree or not, so please, be gentle :)
    I did some yoga back in december, pulled my hamstrings, ( the moral of that story? never show off )
    then, I was moving home, stupidly, tried to move some big cases, this brought on excrutiating back pain, and didn't help my legs of course
    i've been to physio, they diagnosed prolapsed disk and sciatica. I then went to hospital, where I was told the physio I'd paid for, had been making me do too much, she, hospital physio, Prescribed Very gentle program, only very gentle exercises, designed to help the back, and true enough, thank god, my back is now fine, which is good because I was worried it wouldn't heal
    My problem is now, I can't walk, stand or sit for any length of time
    my muscles have obviously seized up, and I get very bad spasms when standing or trying to walk now
    I'm visually impaired too, so that adds to the complications
    my family, want to help, and yesterday, lost the patience they'd finally been loosing for a bit, and had me do some stretches, i was just hoping for some advise on whether these are ok or not?
    Firstly, to go up on my tiptoes, apparently this stretches out hamstrings, and I do feel it stretch my glut muscles also
    next, going back on my heals to point my toes upwards, apparently that does the same thing?
    there was another one, where one leg is behind me straight, and i have to bend on the opposite one. Just wondering are all of these correct given my situation? it was so painful last night I was in tears. I just would like some advice, and really I know I need a physio therapist probably, I did put a call in yesterday, to James's hospital, if I haven't heard by monday, i'll call again on Tuesday, I would just appreciate some advice in the meantime
    Thank you in advance, and sorry for the backstory, I know this is not PI, just felt it might be relevant, and hope this is the right forum
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Cill94

It's not what you want to hear, but really the internet is not the place to be going for advice on these issues. You're just going to get a bunch of contradicting advice from people who aren't qualified. You need to be assessed in person if you want to fix the issue.

Find a well-reputed physio, and follow their advice. I know a very good one; if you want a referral just PM me.

Advertisement