Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Everyday Racism"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

GarIT wrote: »
    If he's not happy he is welcome to leave. I treat everyone equally until I get to know them, I'm sick of hearing people moan about how horrible we are to them while all our systems are under strain not helped at all by the number of people we have coming in to Ireland.

This has to be one of the silliest posts I have ever read on this site. You are saying our healthcare system isn't helped by immigrant workers.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Kivaro wrote: »
    I think this is what the OP is talking about.
    The poster above casually throwing out the "racists" accusation diminishes the validity of real racism claims when it does happen.
    It has gone way past the little boy crying wolf at this stage.

So the victims should ignore the smaller racist things that happen to them & only get worried when they see a burning cross in their front garden? This train of thought doesn't make sense to me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Racism and discrimination go in every direction.

it sure does but its worth mentioning that modern western middle class societies, you know the ones that constantly self flagellate on account of how irredeemably intolerant, discriminatory and xxxx-phobic they are, are in fact the most tolerant, least racist, least discriminatory societies that currently exist or have ever existed in the history of humanity.

But you won't get any public funding, grants or airtime for pointing this out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Someone will post official figures showing that there is a higher percentage of Africans unemployed compared to Irish or Ireland as a whole. What they never do is post figures of the percentage of Africans unemployed compared to white Irish living in the exact same area or estate. There aren't too many Africans living in middle class areas with 3rd level education yet. So including middle class areas in the statistics is deliberately trying to spin the "lazy immigrant" nonsense. Racists don't like to compare like with like

Actually this article tells it all

link

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The only overtly open racism you see in irish society today is the twitter brigade and so called journalists blaming white people for immigrants own failures, and gemma o dohertys mentally ill ramts at the world.

The word racist has no power anymore because its thrown at everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

The word racist has no power anymore because its thrown at everyone

This.

Remember even 8/10 years ago you saw the word racist in a newspaper and you thought "Jesus, what's after happening?". I see the word racist/racism now in the media and I won't even click on it, utterly utterly fed up of hearing about nothing incidents being sensationalised to get clicks, people playing the card whenever they want to shut down a debate etc etc. And from talking to others, and now reading this thread, I'm certainly not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

AllForIt wrote: »
    The definition of 'racist' has changed.

Once it was being a member of the Klu Klux Klan, or that you were happy enough to shoot Jewish ppl in the head, but now it's about a person you have no social cultural religious similarity identity with, and merely pointing out that fact.

There was a guy who used to phone up Irish talk shows and say that "One mans Racist was another mans Patriot".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Big Gerry wrote: »
    There was a guy who used to phone up Irish talk shows and say that "One mans Racist was another mans Patriot".

I think that was Tanagan ringing up about his father.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭randoplh134

Why does nobody talk about the everyday racism against whites males conducted by the media?

If I've learned anything during the past few days at home it's that there is a clear agenda by the media against the white male father figure and the traditional family unit, for instance, just last night before the news there was an ad for tv license dot ie, in the ad there was ( presumably a family or couple? ) sitting on a couch watching the television, these people were comprised of a white attractive woman in her mid 30's, a young girl (maybe 12-16 ) and a fit looking young black male. No white father figure in sight.

This is just one example but as i never watch tv but have been recently with the kids due to this virus it really has opened my eyes. Most ads and programs there is no white male as the father figure and if there is he is portrayed as a complete buffoon and constantly insulted by his kids and wife, examples of this are homer simpson, daddy pig in Peppa pig etc.

I suppose if there is one benefit to this virus, it's that i no longer see any news articles related to bullsh!t diversity and bad evil white male. Curious to hear your thoughts if any of you have noticed the same.

Still no proof of the claims about foreigners? White, Irish, males whining isn't proof.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

African Students Association of Ireland....

It certainly didn't take them long to get their feet under the taxpayer's table.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    African Students Association of Ireland....

It certainly didn't take them long to get their feet under the taxpayer's table.

:pac: You're foaming at the mouth over people trying to get a better education and improve their future job prospects?

timhenn wrote: »
    :pac: You're foaming at the mouth over people trying to get a better education and improve their future job prospects?

Not at all.

Not at all.

What's your issue then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 dlaughingcow

modern western middle class societies, you know the ones that constantly self flagellate on account of how irredeemably intolerant, discriminatory and xxxx-phobic they are, are in fact the most tolerant, least racist, least discriminatory societies that currently exist or have ever existed in the history of humanity

I absolutely agree, from my experience you'll find much higher levels of racism and discrimination elsewhere!
    Most ads and programs there is no white male as the father figure

I heard somebody say this recently, it perked my curiosity. I paid attention to whatever adverts came on, and I 100% do not agree with your statement.
    Still no proof of the claims about foreigners? White, Irish, males whining isn't proof.

List the claims that people have made, if you do that I'll do my best to either back them up or discredit them, depending on what reliable, honest sources have to say about the issues.

What's your issue then?

They should concentrate on their course work instead of sitting around trying to convince themselves that everyone is racist.

I would be fairly certain that's the raison d'etre of their and similar associations.

Why don't you ask some of the native population who have to put up with crimes committed by the new " Irish " in the likes of Balbriggan, Clonee, Ongar, Tyrlesstown, Athoy etc.

I'm guessing you're posting from an Ivory tower and have your head well and truly buried in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

I have an Irish friend who is a doctor. She has described going on rounds when she was a medical student to me when her superiors were African and South Asian. Patients would constantly direct their questions at her even though she was barely qualified and the other doctors were far more experienced and senior for no apparent reason than because she was white/Irish.

I have two non-white friends here that get told to "go back to where they came from" regularly. One is Canadian of South American descent and a small business owner here. The other is a Brazilian who works for a big tech company.

It's folly to pretend everyday racism doesn't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWSByQVP6ro

This came out 8 years ago. It's gotten a lot worse since, you never see a negative stereotype towards say a father of African or Asian descent. It is always the white male. I never thought i'd believe those theories but having witnessed it over the past few days it is clear the media is against white fathers and the traditional family unit, they also promote mix raced dating and breeding at any opportunity. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to breed the white male out of existence tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWSByQVP6ro

the media is against white fathers and the traditional family unit, they also promote mix raced dating and breeding at any opportunity. Wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to breed the white male out of existence tbh.

I'm a white male father.

Maybe Stormfront would be a better forum for you to post on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Over 19000 NGOs in Ireland fleecing the taxpayer for over 5.5 BILLION annually

I think we're going to need that money back now.

For the hundreds if not thousands of 'racism' NGOs it is of course in their interests that racism exists in Ireland.
    Otherwise they would be out of an extremely lucrative job.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭maneno

sasta le wrote: »
    Look at the huge rise of African crime in Ireland we dont want it getting worst do we?
    Also it effects law abiding legal Africans

Care to provide links to “these crimes” by Africans?

GarIT wrote: »
    If he's not happy he is welcome to leave. I treat everyone equally until I get to know them, I'm sick of hearing people moan about how horrible we are to them while all our systems are under strain not helped at all by the number of people we have coming in to Ireland.

“Our system”, you and whose? Get over yourself

maneno wrote: »

Recently Dr Ebun Joseph gave a speech at a UN conference on Racism, she stated that non whites were disproportionally represented in the Irish prison system.
    She herself maintained it was due to racism on behalf of the Guards (of course)

She also stated on the Ray Darcy show that up to 63% of adult Africans in Ireland were unemployed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

For the hundreds if not thousands of 'racism' NGOs it is of course in their interests that racism exists in Ireland.
    Otherwise they would be out of an extremely lucrative job.

Could you list these hundreds.... or thousands of racism NGOs and also the salary levels of staff?

Recently Dr Ebun Joseph gave a speech at a UN conference on Racism, she stated that non whites were disproportionally represented in the Irish prison system.
    She herself maintained it was due to racism on behalf of the Guards (of course)

She also stated on the Ray Darcy show that up to 63% of adult Africans in Ireland were unemployed.

Your one of the ribena claims? No do better, can’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth

I literally typed African Gangs Dublin into a search engine and this was the first result.

https://theliberal.ie/tyrrelstown-terror-local-residents-say-teenage-gangs-are-simply-out-of-control/

Don't let the facts get in the way of this discussion lol

Your one of the ribena claims? No do better, can’t believe a word that comes out of her mouth

She was quoting Govt and CSO statistics, but don't let facts get in the way of your virtue signalling.

• Advertisement

They should concentrate on their course work instead of sitting around trying to convince themselves that everyone is racist.

I would be fairly certain that's the raison d'etre of their and similar associations.

Again, any proof?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement