Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thoughts on Covid19?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Saudades

Does anyone know if the supplement store in Smithfield square is still open during the lockdown?

I've googled it but I can't find the name or website.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

OmegaGene wrote: »
    make you right there, june at the earliest unfortunately
    if we all head back to normal overnight the virus will start rising again.

im tweaking here with no gym but i found a forestry nearby with logs cut down ready to load so im doing a few lift of them daily and resistance bands arent as bad as i thought
    gutted i didnt get any dumbbells before the rush

There's a lot you can do with lighter loads by manipulating things like tempo and reps and doing more unilateral exercises.

Got a pair of handles for the heavier-duty resistance bands cos they kept twisting in my hands when I looked for more resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 17,486 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Just like less pollution sees nature taking over, not holding barbells means my callouses are gone and my hands feel feminine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Saudades wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the supplement store in Smithfield square is still open during the lockdown?

I've googled it but I can't find the name or website.

BulkPowders are still delivering

• Registered Users Posts: 24,550 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Found my long, lost Rehbands last night.

I think they have COVID-19 judging by the smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

myprotein are still delivering too with constant offers on like buy one get one free

Are delivery times/fees affected?

i only ordered last night so im not 100% sure but the website says normal service is running so heres hoping
    as for delivery fees, they are the same as normal spend 60 for free delivery, i think my postage was 4 euro

Lovely thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

BulkPowders was here in 2 days for me

Will hit up MyProtein if there is buy one get one free too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭obi604

the offers are changing every couple of days since the gyms closed

as in getting better?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Gotta say - deadlifts with the green band aren't too shabby at all!

Don't ask me about them in 36 hours' time mind you....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

The things I got are more like tubes with handles and a thing to put on the doorframe, they are much better than I expected for €25

I ordered bands off Pigsback just over 2 weeks ago. Were supposed to arrive last week but now they’ve said the end of this week...hopefully. I know I could Do other things but between that and busting my knee it’s put me right off. So frustrating. I am getting out for a long walk once a day. Better than nothing I suppose

L'prof wrote: »
    I ordered bands off Pigsback just over 2 weeks ago. Were supposed to arrive last week but now they’ve said the end of this week...hopefully. I know I could Do other things but between that and busting my knee it’s put me right off. So frustrating. I am getting out for a long walk once a day. Better than nothing I suppose

Plenty of exercises you can do in the meantime using chairs, sofa etc.

Obviously some sort of resistance would be ideal, but you can slow down rep time to increase time under tension .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Some simple ones here, I like the idea of Around the world pushups

https://twitter.com/PearnoTweeeeets/status/1248716343073017856

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement