Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Should Ireland and the rest of Europe take in more migrants based in Turkey?

Options

Comments

I wouldn't be so bothered had there been a plan for integration.. all those other times migrants from the M.East and Africa arrived. Instead, it's a piss poor scramble to provide pretty dodgy facilities, and dubious benefits... No definite plan to educate them. No plan as to how to provide employment. No plan on how to alter their cultural habits which might be offensive to Europeans (FGM springs to mind) and while everyone is talking about China's poor hygiene standards, I suspect most of the complainers have never been to a poor M.Eastern or African country.

Where are the plans to do this right? I mean it. If there is some belief that Europeans have a duty to help.. shouldn't we be actually helping? By providing the guidance than stopped Europe from plunging into civil war, religious wars, genocide, famine, rampant disease, etc.

I'm not saying this as any kind of statement for superiority. I'm making the point that if we are to help people, then let us actually help them. Just allowing them into our borders is not helping. It's an extension of the AID programs to Africa which have done nothing to stop the long term problems... A salve for someones conscience. Meh!

Do not allow any more uneducated and backward migrants until we have an effective system for uplifting those we already have.. and while we're at it, perhaps we could do the same for our homegrown poor as well. I really don't understand this need to royally fcuk up Europe by importing problems... It has enough problems as it is. Fix those problems, and Europe will be in a better position to help others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Why should Europe help others. Since the colonial countries left Africa it's turned into a craphole.

vriesmays wrote: »
    Why should Europe help others. Since the colonial countries left Africa it's turned into a craphole.

In fairness, large chunks of the continent were a craphole before European colonial powers arrived too. It's often conveniently forgotten that they were happily committing genocide on each other, or harvesting tribes for slaves to sell to the M.East, until it got interrupted by the "White" man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

I wouldn't be so bothered had there been a plan for integration.. all those other times migrants from the M.East and Africa arrived. Instead, it's a piss poor scramble to provide pretty dodgy facilities, and dubious benefits... No definite plan to educate them. No plan as to how to provide employment. No plan on how to alter their cultural habits which might be offensive to Europeans (FGM springs to mind) and while everyone is talking about China's poor hygiene standards, I suspect most of the complainers have never been to a poor M.Eastern or African country.

Where are the plans to do this right? I mean it. If there is some belief that Europeans have a duty to help.. shouldn't we be actually helping? By providing the guidance than stopped Europe from plunging into civil war, religious wars, genocide, famine, rampant disease, etc.

I'm not saying this as any kind of statement for superiority. I'm making the point that if we are to help people, then let us actually help them. Just allowing them into our borders is not helping. It's an extension of the AID programs to Africa which have done nothing to stop the long term problems... A salve for someones conscience. Meh!

Do not allow any more uneducated and backward migrants until we have an effective system for uplifting those we already have.. and while we're at it, perhaps we could do the same for our homegrown poor as well. I really don't understand this need to royally fcuk up Europe by importing problems... It has enough problems as it is. Fix those problems, and Europe will be in a better position to help others.

Oh ain't that the truth.....Full marks for the media working so hard to preserve the anonymity of the chizzlers,little scamps so they are :(

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/gardai-dublin-video-thugs-biketheft-17868956
    "I got talking to a lady who was staying in the Gresham Hotel. She had recorded the whole incident on her phone and sent over the footage just eight minutes after it had happened.

"She was a tourist from Egypt and was shocked at the crime taking place in front of her on our capital's main street."

Egypt !!!....I ask ye Joxer....:)

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Egypt !!!....I ask ye Joxer....:)

I went to Egypt almost twenty years ago now.. Absolute dive, and crime was commonplace, even with the Police carrying Sub-machine guns. Got out as quickly as I could (once I saw the Pyramids) Can't imagine why the Egyptian woman was surprised to see such going on in Ireland, unless she was expecting a western nation to be better policed.

But, yes, I'd be more interested in Europe dealing with the growing social issues existing within its borders, and improving the stability of the economy before importing more trouble. Any migrants brought in are a drain on resources that could be spent elsewhere. Simple enough.

Anyway, any migrant that is educated, and has the skills needed in Europe have legal options to enter the borders. It's not that difficult comparatively speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

refugees are desperate but not that desperate . LOL. They want to go to developed countries like Germany, Sweden , UK . So Ireland got nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭jones

Nope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭MakingMovies2

alastair wrote: »
    Nope. Two Syrians. Arranged via the Red Cross.

Good on them. Your neighbours sound like much better people than the scum you get on here by a country mile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Good on them. Your neighbours sound like much better people than the scum you get on here by a country mile

Why not sign up. They are all doing it nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Enemy at the gates

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Leilak

not a chance..... start getting rid of the ones here

Leilak wrote: »
    not a chance..... start getting rid of the ones here

That's not going to happen though. There's too much resistance to the idea. Those on the left that encouraged the virtue signalling to bring them in.. would resist any such move. Stalemate.

It makes more sense to place limitations or requirements on them to stay. Provide citizenship based on the ability to pass educational and employment standards. Not as a trick. As a genuine effort to uplift. Those who succeed, gain permanent residency. Those who fail have three years before they're evicted, and left outside the borders with 500 euro in their pockets. Zero chance to return if they fail.

There needs to be the element of improvement, and a genuine chance for people to succeed. If they fail within a fair and efficient system, then, it's easier to push them out... with the point that anyone forced out will create a space for new migrants to come in. Limit the overall migrant population within Europe based on population and economic prosperity.. and migrants are allocated to certain regions, limiting (and choosing) the actual populations of the migrants in any region. Spacing out cultural groups and forcing them to integrate and learn the local language. No freedom of movement, because that's a benefit for Europeans.

There can't be a complete withdrawal of benefits for migrants. That just encourages those on the left to dismiss you as a phobe. A more rational and reasonable plan is more likely to be accepted.. not by those who virtue signal, but by the mainstream population and the politicians who aren't firmly allied to leftist principles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

DelaneyIn wrote: »

It’s a shame they don’t put as much time into building up their own country as they do in getting into others.

Thing is with these videos or facts many of the boardsie lifers on this they can't comprehend them.

Their brainwashing is too ingrained too severe too far gone.

They think all immigration is fantastic and wonderful and think Ireland has limitless pockets to support these people such is their mindset.

They are led by the mindless left, funnily enough the heads of whom are multi millionaires one being Kieran Allen making an eejit of these people.

Also strike me as deeply uncultured people to be frank.

I'm pleasantly surprised though, some common sense on this thread which can be very very rare.

People actually pointing out we should not take these people which again is common sense.

Actually people here exposing this stuff like yourself which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

vwhorwm-S9pu-Ahi-F5-Bn-G62g-TKy-Awam8g-W1p-JG5-CXf-EI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

vriesmays wrote: »

Yea, crazy that - it's almost as if brutally enslaving a nation, plundering it's wealth and oppressing it's people damages it somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Removalist

biko wrote: »

Sick looking degenerate.

Well these threads are really branching out... Got some outright homophobia in addition to all the existing bigotry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

biko wrote: »

All these bleeding heart freaks when have they ever put anyone up themselves?.

It's all mindless virtue signalling.

I've met many of these types, trust me when push comes to shove they are the most selfish peeople ever lived.
    It's all image to these clowns.Most ofthem contribute nothing to society, dont work no tax feck all

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Well these threads are really branching out... Got some outright homophobia in addition to all the existing bigotry.
    wheres the outright homophobia? honestly missed that??

• Advertisement

wheres the outright homophobia? honestly missed that??

There was none, anyone walking around looking like that abomination in the picture deserves ridicule. Whether they are gay or straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Removalist wrote: »
    There was none, anyone walking around looking like that abomination in the picture deserves ridicule. Whether they are gay or straight.

What? The Tom of Finland looking lad in the chainmail dress?

Hmm, using the term "degenerate" and now "abomination".... Yes, there totally is very unsubtle homophobia going on. Honestly, why so upset about how a person dresses?

In fact, the crusader/Knight figure is the type of person associated with raping and pillaging... So honestly, not something to be aspired to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

More illegal immigrants?

No.

are we assuming that the person in pink crocs must be gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bogwarrior

No . We shold give Trump a call , its said hes good at building walls .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭enricoh

Hmm, using the term "degenerate" and now "abomination".... Yes, there totally is very unsubtle homophobia going on. Honestly, why so upset about how a person dresses?

In fact, the crusader/Knight figure is the type of person associated with raping and pillaging... So honestly, not something to be aspired to.

Degenerate and abomination are homophobic words? It's a bad day u don't learn something, thanks re-reg mike.

enricoh wrote: »
    Degenerate and abomination are homophobic words? It's a bad day u don't learn something, thanks re-reg mike.

And people wonder why there is resistance to hate speech laws... prime example.

enricoh wrote: »

They're terms that are generally used by homophobic people. It's this silly paranoia that he's experiencing over a supposed "feminisation" of men... He is free to explain why he views that man as a "degenerate"...
    And people wonder why there is resistance to hate speech laws... prime example.

Why do you view that man as degenerate? Should he able to explain it.

• Advertisement

They're terms that are generally used by homophobic people. It's this silly paranoia that he's experiencing over a supposed "feminisation" of men... He is free to explain why he views that man as a "degenerate"...

Why do you view that man as degenerate? Should he able to explain it.

how do you know the man is gay?

Advertisement