Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Men’s fashion faux pas that annoy you

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

boombang wrote: »
    Haven't read the thread, so don't know if this has already been mention. Something I see men do more than women:

Buy a nice suit or jacket, but fail to remove the little label on the cuff that identifies the brand. This is only supposed to show you who makes it in the shop, it's not the grown up version of Nike swoosh across your chest.

I mentioned it last week. I remember my sister's arsehole of an ex turning up at their child's christening with this beaut. I could have told him but said "Nah. Fcuk him. I don't like you and see right through you". Turned out he was a cheating low life wanker in the end. Should have guess it from the label on the cuff..:D

Cyrus wrote: »
    a suit needs a tie, you can cod yourself into thinking it looks cool ands edgy without one but it doesnt.

as for your comments about blazer and chinos, it informs your decision to wear a suit without a tie :D

and stop buying italian shoes get something decent :p

Sure a suit needs a tie but you don't always have to wear it. I only have one pair of Italian shoes. Celtic Tiger years you know youself we all went a bit mad. I get my formal works shoes made in Northampton- resoled many times last years.

ps- I am sure you look great in a blazer and chinos..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,669 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ps- I am sure you look great in a blazer and chinos..;)

i do and i look amazing in my suit with one button shirt and tie ;)

glad the italian shoes were a moment of madness

There is a place in London where you can get your formal Oxford shoes etc made to order on site- old school. They take your measurements and keep it for future reference.

Unfortunately I cannot justify prices starting from £1500.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What's wrong with Italian shoes. Italian leather would be considered top quality. French fashion would be probably more prestigious but I doubt any country has better leather a d especially shoe making tradition.

Anyway this thread just how unpleasant people can be.

• Advertisement

There is a place in London where you can get your formal Oxford shoes etc made to order on site- old school. They take your measurements and keep it for future reference.

Unfortunately I cannot justify prices starting from £1500.00.

beside our office on st james, John Lobb. ;)

This is more of a TA but what about arseholes at blacktie events who untie their bow tie but leave it draped around their neck basically showing off that it is not a clip on. I will not wear a clip on but it goes in my pocket if I feel the need to take it off.

Arseholes.

meeeeh wrote: »
    What's wrong with Italian shoes. Italian leather would be considered top quality. French fashion would be probably more prestigious but I doubt any country has better leather a d especially shoe making tradition.

Anyway this thread just how unpleasant people can be.

a dont be so sensitive, i was pulling his leg a little as he knew.

Northampton made shoes tend to be best, Italian shoes arent generally made to last as well, they tend to use different production methods.

If you think about the best know, relatively mainstream, shoe makes, they are all Northampton.

Church's (since acquired by Prada! :)), Crockett and Jones, John Lobb, Edward Greene, etc etc

This is more of a TA but what about arseholes at blacktie events who untie their bow tie but leave it draped around their neck basically showing off that it is not a clip on. I will not wear a clip on but it goes in my pocket if I feel the need to take it off.

Arseholes.

i know people that wear a clip on and carry a bow tie in their pocket, take off the clip on later on and drap the bow tie

cads

beside our office on st james, John Lobb. ;)

No. While I am sure there are quite a few around London but the one I am thinking of is a small independent shop- basically a shoemaker with a few staff. A few years ago and can't think of the name.

• Advertisement

i know people that wear a clip on and carry a bow tie in their pocket, take off the clip on later on and drap the bow tie

cads

Yeah I have heard of that one as well.

No. While I am sure there are quite a few around London but the one I am thinking of is a small independent shop- basically a shoemaker with a few staff. A few years ago and can't think of the name.

the John Lobb on st james looks like something for 100 years ago !

they have all the lasts from the 20s 30s etc on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Those "The Myth, The Legend" tshirts. Also "If Found Please Return To The Pub".

Advertisement