Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury II - February 22nd

Options

Comments

Once again, no legal way to pay for an event I want to pay for. Do they not want money from Irish customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,589 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Draw
    Once again, no legal way to pay for an event I want to pay for. Do they not want money from Irish customers?

Yeh, it’s a bit irritating..

So, if you don’t have Sky TV in Ireland, you can’t legally book this? Is that right?

Draw
    I told you lads. 273lbs Fury.

Odds have barely changed after the weigh-in. Both level now. Fury was slight favourite before weigh-in..

I think the extra weight on Fury May make him less mobile, hence that bit easier to track and hit.

Draw
    Btw, Fury must have had 5-6 lbs on him with clothes...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

walshb wrote: »
    Odds have barely changed after the weigh-in. Both level now. Fury was slight favourite before weigh-in..

I think the extra weight on Fury May make him less mobile, hence that bit easier to track and hit.

Wilder was fav all week before the weigh in. Odds have moved slightly in Wilder's favour again after weigh in. He's even money on betfair. Fury 2.14

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

It’s a 50/50 fight in my opinion. Wilder won’t win on points and fury won’t score a KO.

Fury manages to avoid wilders hard punches all night and he wins on points.

Wilder is very wild and hugely reliant on landing a KO blow. He doesn’t have elite level boxing skills.

For some reason I am leaning slightly towards a wilder ko this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I’m thinking a Fury KO. Wilder will try to be cautious and not dive in. Fury to pick him apart and make him lose concentration and patience when he is behind. Fury will slip a big shot then get wilder in trouble and finish him. Round 8/9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Fury is going to get caught when he plants his feet in front of Wilder.

Think coming in heavier/KO in 2 rounds talk from Fury is to deter Wilder from being more aggressive from the start.

Which is exactly what Wilder needs to do, get on him from the start, open up and let his punches go.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Pity about the weight, Fury's best chance was to box and move.

Surprised with Andy Lee involved to let that happen.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    akelly02 wrote: »
    Wilder KO

he always finishes the job second time round..........

I was leaning towards a Wilder ko, but then i thought about what Ortiz was able to do for seven rounds before he faded. A sharper and fitter Wilder should not tire as Ortiz did, so i think Fury will be able to remain elusive for 12 rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Pity about the weight, Fury's best chance was to box and move.

Surprised with Andy Lee involved to let that happen.

Could be unpreventable,
    Rumours of an long term ankle injury so he had to change game plan,
    We hear the truth after

• Registered Users Posts: 20,520 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Fury will be caught in 6 to heavy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Wilder is a light heavy, I think fury looks great for a man of 6 foot 9, concerned he already has a fat lip and cut over his eye though

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    Wilder looked great on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Wilder looked great on the scales.

I've never seen him so bulked up. Not sure it's a good thing for him.

Draw
    Wilder is a light heavy, I think fury looks great for a man of 6 foot 9, concerned he already has a fat lip and cut over his eye though

No, he’s exactly what a HW should be. In shape and big!!!

Draw
    Fury is some unit...the width of the chap. Big big man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,679 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Fury is some unit...the width of the chap. Big big man!!!

He’s vast! Are you getting up for it?

Draw
    squinn2912 wrote: »
    He’s vast! Are you getting up for it?

I intend to.....😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

weemcd wrote: »
    “The Resistible Force vs The Movable Object II — The Rematch” by @mcdamien88 https://medium.com/@mcdamien88/the-resistible-force-vs-the-movable-object-ii-the-rematch-f4dc2c4634da

I've written out my thoughts on this one for anyone interested.

Great article man. Nice writing style. The more I think about what I have heard in interviews from Tyson, big john, sugar hill and your point about the kronk approach, along with the added weight....I think tyson will go for the ko. Can deontay capitalize on that? We will see tonight :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

No, he’s exactly what a HW should be. In shape and big!!!

He's also massively above his natural weight. If he doesn't get an early KO he could really struggle with the cardio. Be interesting to see is he's packed any muscle onto his chicken legs.

Draw
    He's also massively above his natural weight. If he doesn't get an early KO he could really struggle with the cardio. Be interesting to see is he's packed any muscle onto his chicken legs.

Massively?

I wouldn’t call 7-10 lbs on his frame massive at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭dougm1970

Draw
    the cut over furys eye will re-open and fight will be stopped while hes ahead on all cards...wilder by tko.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Draw
    Wilder in the 9th - I hope he smashes him to bits.

Draw
    dougm1970 wrote: »
    the cut over furys eye will re-open and fight will be stopped while hes ahead on all cards...wilder by tko.

A very distinct possibility..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Will ring walk be 5 at the earliest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭weemcd

Great article man. Nice writing style. The more I think about what I have heard in interviews from Tyson, big john, sugar hill and your point about the kronk approach, along with the added weight....I think tyson will go for the ko. Can deontay capitalize on that? We will see tonight :)

Thank you very much. I think Fury might try and press matters if he senses Wilder is hurt. Big roll of the dice but I'm leaning towards Fury going for it. He has to carry power at that size, his style for years has just tended towards movement based, outside style wins. Whether he gets the chance to, remains to be seen. Wilder is a fùcking freak. Cannot call this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Draw
    Wilder KO's Fury in the 9th/10th round.

Fury got away with it in the first fight. He won't this time. I want Fury to win but all signs point to him panned out on the floor near the end of the fight. With the extra weight he's going to make a mistake and Wilder will clock him.

Those who think Fury will KO Wilder needs their heads examined. :pac:

Ya know what I hope i'm wrong I'd love to see Wilder KO'd!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Fury via KO/TKO/DQ
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bt sport are saying 4am roughly

Really? It’s supposed to be 5 with many saying it will be later? Where did you see 4. I don’t want to miss this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

Wilder KO's Fury in the 9th/10th round.

Fury got away with it in the first fight. He won't this time. I want Fury to win but all signs point to him panned out on the floor near the end of the fight. With the extra weight he's going to make a mistake and Wilder will clock him.

Those who think Fury will KO Wilder needs their heads examined. :pac:

Ya know what I hope i'm wrong I'd love to see Wilder KO'd!:D

Detontay is a dosser, he's getting sparked out, 100%

8th round

Advertisement