Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for very simple DJ for wedding

• 11-02-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I wasn't so sure whether to post this in the wedding forum or here, but when I looked at the band/dj advertising thread, it was quite dead so hopefully this is better being here.

Anyway, getting married this year and originally thought that we weren't going to go for any music provider either DJ or a band as the crowd are not really the dancer type and if they were, it would only probably be minimal. The original plan was just to play songs and let the crossfade do its thing.

Now, just thinking of hiring someone to basically manage music, but in a very simple way. No emceeing is required at all, literally just to be playing music(some requested), play songs as required according to program, and making sure song changes are flawless. The only reason why I'm considering this now is that it would be nice to have someone that can determine that the song has 'dried out' the dance floor and to change it before the actual song ends, rather than someone just pressing 'next' on the music player.

I'm not familiar at all with DJing so please do enlighten me if this type of request is even possible at all.

Thank you very much in advance!

Advertisement