Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anti Theft iPad Mic stand?

Options
  • 30-12-2019 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Bought a new iPAD 10.2" to replace fathers ancient iPAD 2 he uses for backing tracks at gigs he does. Old iPAD with grubby leatherette wallet he'd hang from a mic stand didn't look worth stealing. Most gigs he does are in nice places with nice clientele but theres one or two regular gigs he does where the clientele can be a bit more dodgy. I'm afraid the shiny new iPAD in its shiny new ruggedised case will look more attractive to potential thieves. He's getting on a bit and despite saying he'll take it with him during a break, I know he won't and I'd rather the brand new iPAD isn't easy to just lift off the mic stand, get stuffed inside a jacket and go out the door.

Can anyone recommend an iPAD mic stand mount that has an anti-theft locking mechanism or at least is a bit fiddley to remove the iPAD from so it takes more than a few seconds to remove the iPAD, pocket it and walk out the door?

TIA

Advertisement