Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bankroll Growth Strategy For The Average Bettor

• 10-11-2019 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nlug065xfbyw9s

Many people give the reason that they only have a small bankroll so they don't feel there is any point in betting singles for a small percentage of their bankroll which is what every successful sports bettor will recommend.

I am taking an example of the standard bettor who bets €20 on the weekend accumulator.

If this person were to deposit their weekly €20 into their betting bankroll each week and aim to grow this bankroll by 5% per week they would have €54,831 after 100 weeks.

Obviously it's not easy to do this but it is much better than betting €20 on the weekly 8 fold accumulator in my opinion.

See the weekly progress here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mz57cyARH870S6MjoJrhinRe-9ch0xJQKKLngXMVVJE/edit#gid=0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭todolist

8 fold accumulator is almost impossible to achieve.A pro gambler wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. A mugs bet......bookies love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭ Ramona Thundering Tick

I'm biased as very much prefer the great accas, not the 8-fold of course, but typically a 4 from 5 e/w.
    Ideally with all risk reduction factors, all calculated available enhancements, perceived alternating offsets/arb scenarios, optimum price cross-checking, live advantage etc.

What is the original question, does it recommend building singles from 20 to 55,000?

If so, that's a bucket full of holes. The only (verified) punter who likely did this (20 to 4m, {44 sequential}) was FFT, in fairly safe AvB, 1.33 avg type markets.
    Worse, is the Goat chap that does very tiresome risky coin flips which play like thus: W-L-W-L-W-L-W-W-L-L-W-L-W-L.

Advertisement