Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

maximoose wrote: »
    I've no problem with early bird buyers changing their mind and selling for full value if they aren't going.

Wouldn't consider that scalping - if tickets were still available the purchaser would be paying full price. I've bought plenty of early birds at full value over the years and wouldn't have an issue with it.

Tickets should be sold at face value if they are being sold for genuine reasons. Anything else is scalping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Tickets should be sold at face value if they are being sold for genuine reasons. Anything is scalping.

What about the new VIP platinum tickets ticketmaster is doing? They see a concert is selling loads, so increase the value by 5x for the last 10% of the price.

Surely that is scalping since they are in supply of the tickets?

The lad got stuck in 9 hours of traffic last month, if he dosen't want to go next year selling the ticket at retail value is fine.

It's people like you that love to complain just to complain. Stop and grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Columc wrote: »
    What about the new VIP platinum tickets ticketmaster is doing? They see a concert is selling loads, so increase the value by 5x for the last 10% of the price.

Surely that is scalping since they are in supply of the tickets?

The lad got stuck in 9 hours of traffic last month, if he dosen't want to go next year selling the ticket at retail value is fine.

It's people like you that love to complain just to complain. Stop and grow up.

Grow up? What are you on about. Ticketmaster is irrelevant here. We all know the issues with Ticketmaster. The fact that he spent 9 hours in traffic is also irrelevant.

Ticket touting is a serious issue. It's a fine line between "I might go and sure if I don't I'll make a profit" and "I've no intention of going but I'm going to make a profit".

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining. The decent thing to do is to sell your ticket to cover your costs if you can't go. If you're selling above face value it's scalping. It's quite straightforward really.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

Never been to EP and never will either.

As I said, ATN18 was the best festival I ever attended and this year wasn't.

You should check out EP, seriously, bar Glasto it's the best festival I've ever been to

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Alkers wrote: »
    You should check out EP, seriously, bar Glasto it's the best festival I've ever been to

I don't know if I can deal with the huge crowds the way I used.. that's mainly what's putting me off. Plus teenagers. I am now that grumpy "old" person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭Alkers

I don't know if I can deal with the huge crowds the way I used.. that's mainly what's putting me off. Plus teenagers. I am now that grumpy "old" person.

I can see where you're coming from but it's easily enough avoided once you get familiar with the site as long as your not camping in with the masses!

I don't get the real rivalry between all these festivals (and sometimes their patrons), plenty of room for all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Or a 60 euro profit if we decide to sell...

It's literally an investment.

loathe that scalper mentality..

I get that the music biz is a business of course but personally I try to forget about the exchange of money in return for goods supplied.. for me music is not about money, I don't want to think about money (unless it's abba singing about money ;P )

If I can pass on a ticket at face value to some deserving person dying to get to a gig I will.. people get fleeced enough at these things.. not great when the fleecing is coming from a so called 'music fan'

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I noticed the installment plan works out at €220 + fees. Bit steep no?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

People process trauma differently.

I spend a total of 16 hours in the car which should've been 6. It had a profound effect on how we enjoyed the weekend. I'm not sure I'll go back. If I do, it'll be at a different time and for a great line up

I'm definitely not going back for 220euro plus fees. So I got tickets yday at 190, for two of us that's a 60 euro saving if we decide to go. Or a 60 euro profit if we decide to sell...

It's literally an investment.
    I'm hopeful ATN will make things right though, because theres not much wrong with the festival itself. Quality tunes, quality location, quality crowd

Posts smacks of scalper mentality, please anyone else don't try to make a profit on people who were not quick enough to get early bird tickets, you are only encouraging more scalpers to scoop up the early bird tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭WM18

Passed on my EP Campervan ticket for face value, i just think its Karma... gone to a very grateful Sligo woman.....:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Tickets arrived in today's post. Has to be a record :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Tickets arrived in today's post, lets hope the getting to the venue is as efficient in 2020... (I actually had zero issues this year!)

Posts smacks of scalper mentality, please anyone else don't try to make a profit on people who were not quick enough to get early bird tickets, you are only encouraging more scalpers to scoop up the early bird tickets.

Reply smacks of didn't actually read anything beyond the word investment.

My tickets aren't even for feckin sale

My tickets aren't even for feckin sale

give over already, how much do you want for the damn tickets!!??

;););););)

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    give over already, how much do you want for the damn tickets!!??

;););););)

I'll take a written guarantee of enough toilets and max an hour queue in traffic ono

If you throw in a decent act for me to watch will deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I'm back for chapter 3! Also had zero issues this year, took the train to Waterford from Dublin and shuttle bus from there. Left Dublin at 1:15 and first can in hand at 4. Then took the first shuttle bus out of there at 8am Monday morning and was in my own bed at 11:30. Clearly most were not that lucky! The rain and wasps were the biggest negative for me (stung on my lip as I sipped on that first can). The loss of the bandstand from the main house was a big loss imo. This year though I enjoyed so much good music!

It's only now though I feel I can talk about it as it took a lot out of me emotionally :P

I'll take a written guarantee of enough toilets and max an hour queue in traffic ono

If you throw in a decent act for me to watch will deliver

who do you think I am Jesus Christ!?

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    who do you think I am Jesus Christ!?

Ah what, you're not?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I'm back for chapter 3! Also had zero issues this year, took the train to Waterford from Dublin and shuttle bus from there. Left Dublin at 1:15 and first can in hand at 4. Then took the first shuttle bus out of there at 8am Monday morning and was in my own bed at 11:30. Clearly most were not that lucky! The rain and wasps were the biggest negative for me (stung on my lip as I sipped on that first can). The loss of the bandstand from the main house was a big loss imo. This year though I enjoyed so much good music!

It's only now though I feel I can talk about it as it took a lot out of me emotionally :P

The regulars from last years thread emerge, bleary eyed into a new dawn.

I bought my instalment tickets today.

488913.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

D.Q wrote: »
    The regulars from last years thread emerge, bleary eyed into a new dawn.

I bought my instalment tickets today.

488913.jpg

LOL...I even questioned my ability to go again next year. It’s not the physical toll for me, more the emotional. I invest a lot of time getting to know the acts once they are announced and then before you know it it’s all over! Anyway I’d said to myself-STFU you are going! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭mojesius

343 sleeps to go folks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

They said they'd sort the traffic

They did but Trump also said he was going to buy Greenland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They did but Trump also said he was going to buy Greenland!

Everyone deserves a second chance :o if they dont sort the traffic next year then that will be the last of ATN ,all they need to do is get the locals involved again and dont send everyone through Carrick....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

Any traffic plan that goes via that lane into the estate with the current capacity is going to fail. They'd need to build signifcant infrastructure to fix that and I can't see it happening. We're out anyway. Missed the traffic this year but the queue into the festival down the mud track killed it for us. No word about fixing that and if there's any rain that'll become hell.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Maybe they will open the campsite on Thurs evenig to relueve some of the traffic pressure. If it costs an extra 25 quid like EP, it would still be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭patch

My group has jumped ship from EP for next year!
    When do we expect the tangerine fields camping to be available for booking?
    I realise this year's was crap compared to pink moon, but I guess the chances of it being improved considerably next year are decent....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

patch wrote: »
    My group has jumped ship from EP for next year!
    When do we expect the tangerine fields camping

Tangerine fields should start checking us in now so we've a chance of catching some acts on the Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Tangerine fields should start checking us in now so we've a chance of catching some acts on the Friday

Took us about 5 mins to check in, about 13:30

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Took us about 5 mins to check in, about 13:30

Same, but it was a complete disaster for folks later on, people Q'ing 2-3 hours.

I have 2020 tickets but am not bothering with TF again. The "Eco" campsite that we could see into from TF looked grand. Will get into there next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭HarryTheSpider

whelzer wrote: »
    Same, but it was a complete disaster for folks later on, people Q'ing 2-3 hours.

I have 2020 tickets but am not bothering with TF again. The "Eco" campsite that we could see into from TF looked grand. Will get into there next year.

I don't think there was an "Eco" campsite.

Advertisement