Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019/2020 Premier League Injuries and Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Looks like Kyle Walker-Peters will start against Palace this weekend - He’s back training and I doubt they’ll risk the same defensive strategy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ashley Barnes a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ashley Barnes a doubt

Having been patient for this long I might even bank my transfer if he is a doubt
    Or else sell awb

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ashley Barnes a doubt

From FantasyFootballScout:
    Fantasy managers would have been alarmed to see a yellow flag appear on Ashley Barnes this afternoon but there doesn’t seem to be any serious fitness concerns about the Burnley striker going into Gameweek 5.

Sean Dyche told reporters:

Barnesy had a tight groin, but should be fine, for a couple of days last week.

The “should” in that sentence is enough to warrant a flag in FPL these days but the fact that the in-form forward had only been affected last week, and not in the last few days, would seem to boost his chances of featuring at Brighton on Saturday.

I think he'll start.

• Advertisement

http://twitter.com/FFScout/status/1172317579500613632

He can’t even just stay fit
    Drop to 4.3 imminent now I’d say
    Hopefully Taylor gets his spot back for Burnley

Solskjær: "I can’t promise any of them will be on the pitch but we’ll try to get one or two more on the bench than starting. Let’s see when we get to the game. Maybe next weekend, we’ll have more of them back. That’s how it is in football and why we have loads of quality and numbers and we’re fine."

Update on United injury news. No Pogba for United this weekend while Martial and Shaw have not progressed as hoped; they too, miss the visit of Leicester. No decision on Lingard (illness) or Wan-Bissaka (back). Bailly and Dalot long-term although the latter is close after his visit to see a "miracle doctor". #MUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jesus is back training all week,

• Registered Users Posts: 27,776 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Update on United injury news. No Pogba for United this weekend while Martial and Shaw have not progressed as hoped; they too, miss the visit of Leicester. No decision on Lingard (illness) or Wan-Bissaka (back). Bailly and Dalot long-term although the latter is close after his visit to see a "miracle doctor". #MUFC

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1172435172978905089?s=20

• Advertisement

Varys is going to score well this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »

Not sure if he has the balls

Anyone know what the story is with Robinson at Sheffield United ?

As in likelihood to play this weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »

***Takes another look at potential WC team. Always preferred Jamies parties to Pukkis :pac:***

klopparama wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with Robinson at Sheffield United ?

As in likelihood to play this weekend ?

Wilder said in his presser: "A couple of the Irish boys came back early but I believe Mick [McCarthy, Ireland boss] was going to change the team around on Tuesday anyway. That gave Robinson and McGoldrick the chance to come back and have treatment with us. We’ll give them every chance of being fit for Saturday."

He's not 100% to start but it would seem likely if Wilder deems him ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Allison not back till after next IB

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

All these injuries for united and greenwood will prob not still start . My bench fodder

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    All these injuries for united and greenwood will prob not still start . My bench fodder

You need Rashford to drop to get Greenwood starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

With all their injuries, I wouldn't be surprised if Man Utd got turned over this weekend. If AWB is out, they could have Young and Rojo as fbs! They could have three of Pereira/Mata/Matic/Fred starting, none of whom fill me with confidence. Leicester could and should be able to outplay them in midfield.

Rodgers has had most of his squad over the int break, they should be well prepared and targeting an upset. Now that I've said that out loud, Leicester will probably lose 4 - 0!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

not sure where else aside from here and injuries to put this twitter post as it applies across many threads,

https://twitter.com/Fpl_badger/status/1172488625164095488

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    You need Rashford to drop to get Greenwood starting.

He could play on the right which he did preseason
    If Lingard is out tomorrow he could start there

I might change starting him over awb at this rate

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Any news on Martin Kelly? Have him in WC..

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Injured. Red Flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

mcgooch wrote: »
    Injured. Red Flagged.

Sorry yes can see that but wondering if any Palace fans know any more info about it or anyone else in the know. FPL is v vague on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Laporte out until the new year

He’s out with a groin strain and no return date is available at present it appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hogey007 wrote: »

Will this mean Cabellos now being guaranteed starts?

Hogey007 wrote: »

Ah for ****s sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

gandalfio wrote: »
    Will this mean Cabellos now being guaranteed starts?
    I doubt it will make much difference. Auba will be the main striker so the opening is at the left side of attack. Nelson could go there or Kola would be suited to it (more attacking and less defending to do) which would be really interesting from a fpl pov. Pepe could move over either. I'd see Caballos as a central player so I'd be surprised if it made much difference to him but I could be wrong. We'll know more Sunday evening.

Advertisement