Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Minor Tournament Discussion 2019/20

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

As much as if like him to keep his card in principle, it would be absolutely no loss if he didn't.

Another player with potential could take it.

I know what your sayin, snooker does need more young promising talent. I dont think there is half enough. But at same time if they are good enough then they should be beating the likes of ken and fergal. If fergal does creep into top 64 this week, it'll be at expense of Michael Georgiou. Apart from proving anyone really can win the shootout, I've never seen much by way of potential in his game.

Not the best he's played over past week I'd say but Aaron Hill beats belgian Ben Mertens comfortably enough 4-1 to book his place in european u/21 final. Facing a tough english opponent but will start big favourite i think. Fingers crossed for the lad.

Outstanding snooker from Hill tonight, 4-0 up, simply blowing his opponent away. Just one more needed to wrap it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

That the tour card secured?

Thats the card secured, next 2 years. No messing about with q school or other nonsense, just straight in.

Got a bit jittery there in the end but been on another level to everybody else all week. Great to have a talent like that and scary to think he only took up the game less than 4 years ago. Wish him all the best.

Edit: he's also in the world qualifiers if they end up getting the go ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,913 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Delighted for the fella.

And thanks for the updates, Joe

Fergal into a decider with wilson but latter is on a break. Shame no live coverage.

Not to be for Fergal so a lot of effort this week for a rather measly 4k. Seems like he had a chance to close out match at 4-2 but didnt come to pass. Going down fighting for the card anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Excellent opening two frames with a century each. Hope Wilson can beat Trump. This could be our last tv snooker for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Peter File wrote: »
    Excellent opening two frames with a century each. Hope Wilson can beat Trump. This could be our last tv snooker for a while.

Well the Tour Championship is going ahead on Tuesday!

• Advertisement
Advertisement