Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dr. Martens

Options
  • 18-10-2018 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Cool again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Timeless

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

Cool again?

I was thinking of buying a pair of 8s but when looked into them, people were saying that they are uncomfortable since they switched to India manufacturing. Never had a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I got a pair a while back, didn't notice for a week that the soles were different colour rubbers. When I brought them back the shop said they were probably made in different batches and wouldn't exchange them. They aren't really that comfortable these days either, they haven't really moved on in terms technology or designing for comfort.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Effects wrote: »
    I got a pair a while back, didn't notice for a week that the soles were different colour rubbers. When I brought them back the shop said they were probably made in different batches and wouldn't exchange them. They aren't really that comfortable these days either, they haven't really moved on in terms technology or designing for comfort.

Aliexpress ones are softer I think, easier to break in.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

So you are saying that fake ones are better than real ones?

• Advertisement

Effects wrote: »
    So you are saying that fake ones are better than real ones?

Early days yet, but have a look at reviews on you tube, some good some bad for both types.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I got the "carpathian" leather ones, much softer and you can pretty much wear them straight away. Unfortunately I got them a size too big but only realised this after walking around in them outside... :(

https://www.drmartens.com/eu/en_eu/p/20846001

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutly

Anyone else ever experience the leather in the new Doc's peeling or flaking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Mutly wrote: »
    Anyone else ever experience the leather in the new Doc's peeling or flaking ?

Give em a polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutly

Tried the polish but new areas of peeling/flaking keeps appearing :confused:

• Advertisement

Are they vegan leather? If not try some dubbin on them, the leather might have dried out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

They may be the shiny ones (a bit like patent leather).

If so, and that layer is peeling/flaking, not sure what advice is best.

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    They may be the shiny ones (a bit like patent leather).

If so, and that layer is peeling/flaking, not sure what advice is best.

Try Vaseline.

Advertisement