Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 MLB Postseson Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

What a first inning for the Brewers. The game is setup for them now if Miley can give them a few clean innings & then let the bullpen do the rest...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Brewers get to game 7 and they didn’t even have to use Hader. Dodgers looked flat and I think the crowd really got to them. Good chance of seeing Kershaw out of the bullpen tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Brewers get to game 7 and they didn’t even have to use Hader. Dodgers looked flat and I think the crowd really got to them. Good chance of seeing Kershaw out of the bullpen tomorrow.

Going to try and stay up for this tonight. Will probably only last 2-3 innings though but I'll give it a go. Should be a great game, all hands on deck etc.

By the way, I've started up an off-season thread as there's the odd bit of news that breaks before the World Series finishes.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057921755

• Registered Users Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

By the way, I've started up an off-season thread as there's the off bit of news that breaks before the World Series finishes.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057921755

Thanks, especially since it's offseason and not offseson! :P

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Thanks, especially since it's offseason and not offseson! :P

I checked and double checked before hitting 'submit' on that one..!!

Going to try and stay up for this tonight. Will probably only last 2-3 innings though but I'll give it a go. Should be a great game, all hands on deck etc.

Yeah it should be a good one. I'd give advantage to the Brewers. Dodgers are going with Buehler who had a bad outing last time, Brewers have Chacin who has yet to give up an earned run. Homefield advantage is huge as well at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Personally id like to see the Dodgers win just because I think it would make for a cracking world series.Tonight should be a cagey enough game ,wouldnt be suprised to see extra innings.

The cause of Chris Sale’s stomach infection.....

https://twitter.com/jmastrodonato/status/1053744022383198211?s=21

I’m old and out of touch, do blokes wear belly button rings? Or is he taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Looks like the Brewers are gonna send Hader in there & its only the 3rd inning...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

That was some catch by Taylor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

And then there were two. Picked the Dodgers at the start of the season. So I might as well see this rodeo out

ShyMets wrote: »
    And then there were two. Picked the Dodgers at the start of the season. So I might as well see this rodeo out

Should be good. Would love it to go 7. 50/50 who's going to win it but I'm going to go for Boston.

Should be good. Would love it to go 7. 50/50 who's going to win it but I'm going to go for Boston.

Boston's to lose, imo. Dodger's starters were o.k. but not overpowering, and Boston just seems to wear you down. The lefty reliever with the eyeglasses on the Dodgers is going to be in some really big moments.

Hopefully is a good series, I'm picking Boston in 5.

Note: Dodger's are my second-to-least-favorite MLB teams (just above the Y*****s). Growing up, Mom was a big Brooklyn Dodger's fan, hated them for moving and switched her allegiance to the Mets. Even when elderly, I'd take her to Mets spring training games in Florida, and she'd cheer loudly for 'Them Bums." I just couldn't ever explain to her they weren't those Bums anymore, but maybe she was right after all.

Dad could care less about sports, odd couple they were for their generation. Both Brooklynites, too.

Times of games aren't very irish friendly. Looks like I'll be watching the highlights next day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Times of games aren't very irish friendly. Looks like I'll be watching the highlights next day

Times of games are not even East coast friendly.
    Many will end after midnight on the east coast.

Spoilers are hard to avoid too. Last year for game 7, I had planned to watch highlights the next morning so avoided the internet and turning on the TV etc. but thought checking my email would be safe. And there was one from the Mets Shop which I thought would be safe but sure enough, it was about congratulating the Astros and linking to their shop where you could buy their championship gear. I was fuming!

Times of games are not even East coast friendly.
    Many will end after midnight on the east coast.

Especially as it is now custom to use double the number of pitchers per game in the post season. Nine inning games are lasting 3.5 to 4 hours these days.

So Red Sox are favourites for the WS. Does anyone see anything else happening?
    My main hope for the Dodgers is to keep it close for the first 5 or 6 innings, and then get to Sox Bullpen.
    Being honest though, I haven't watched much of the Red Sox this season, but seeing as they handily dispersed of the Yankees and Astros, my head says this could be a short enough series.
    Dodgers need to take 1 in Boston, preferably Game 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

bazwraf wrote: »
    My main hope for the Dodgers is to keep it close for the first 5 or 6 innings, and then get to Sox Bullpen.
    Being honest though, I haven't watched much of the Red Sox this season, but seeing as they handily dispersed of the Yankees and Astros, my head says this could be a short enough series.

Dodgers have a great chance IMO.

Two great teams going at it but last year's experience of losing one might benefit the Dodgers.

I expect it to go to 6 or 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Red Sox are 5-0 on the road this postseason, Dodgers definitely need 1 of the first 2 in Boston.

Think this could come down to the starting pitching. Dodgers need to prevent runs to have a chance and they have the arms to do it. I think this will be closer than most expect, 6 or 7 games. Just hope it's Red Sox coming out on top!

I think it will come down to which version of David Price shows up. If he pitches like he did against Astros, then it could easily be 2-0 heading to LA and Dodgers would find it tough to come back from that.

Can the Dodgers win. Yes. Will they. Probably not. Offencely and defencely the Red Sox are better. Dodgers need to win one of the first two games to stand a real chance.

My head says Red Sox 4-1. My heart is going all out blind optimism, Dodgers 4-3 with Machado hitting the walk off run in
    Fenway before being snapped up by the Mets in the off-season.

I think it will come down to which version of David Price shows up. If he pitches like he did against Astros, then it could easily be 2-0 heading to LA and Dodgers would find it tough to come back from that.

Did he not pitch the game they lost to the Astros as well?

Price will have a say but one starting pitcher will not win or lose the entire series for either team. There is no MadBum on either squad.

Dodgers have sort of gotten to the WS without being brilliant, the incredible bats they have in the line up could easily dismantle that Red Sox bull pen.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,289 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sale versus Kershaw was always going to end up a hitfest anyway :P

8-10 wrote: »
    Sale versus Kershaw was always going to end up a hitfest anyway :P

Line was 7.5 so the bookmakers predicted it.

Considering regular season Sale and Kershaw lines would be over/under 6 or 6.5 max.

Wasn't too surprised by the result last night. Real pressure on the Dodgers to get the win tonight

Wasn't too surprised by the result last night. Real pressure on the Dodgers to get the win tonight

Crucial that they get a win. Can't see them coming back from 2-0 down

No, me neither, and I actually thought that last night would have been the better chance to pick up a road win.
    Suppose it makes it easier that I'm not overly hopefully of winning it all this season. Still, I definitely want to avoid a sweep, and get it to game 6 at least

• Advertisement

Well, that's where they are today. Not looking good for the Dodgers, might be hard to get a win at this point. Still, teams come back from down 2-0.

Advertisement