Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Sports Fantasy Football thread - 2019/20 Winner is Donegal1234

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Question re transfers/captaincy for next week..

If I have a player like Auba as my captain on Saturday can I then buy someone like Vardy on Sunday morning who is playing that day v Chelsea and make him my Sunday captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Question re transfers/captaincy for next week..

If I have a player like Auba as my captain on Saturday can I then buy someone like Vardy on Sunday morning who is playing that day v Chelsea and make him my Sunday captain?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

127 points and 6719th overall, probably should have put in Auba today and captained him but very happy with that start. Probably my best start in playing Sky Sports ever since most teams at the top at the start seem to go for the monthly prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Finished up on 144 despite a Guilbert no show and Jota and double Leicester blank. Top 1k rank, all downhill from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Finished up on 144 despite a Guilbert no show and Jota and double Leicester blank. Top 1k rank, all downhill from here!

Ah don't be so negative! How much do you win when you come 1st? :-)
    I'm on 133points so delighted with that start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

135pts. 94pts of that from the 3 captains :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 SJIII

manual_man wrote: »
    135pts. 94pts of that from the 3 captains :eek:

Getting the captain spot on is the key! Foolishly went for Wilson over Sterling on the Saturday for a net loss of 17 points and had Jota today. Still though a score of 103pts isn't the worst I suppose. Seems like an enjoyable game, definitely like the more engaged aspect of it in comparison to FPL

How come you didn't join the boards FSA league? Also why is Matthew le Tissier in it :-)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    How come you didn't join the boards FSA league? Also why is Matthew le Tissier in it :-)

I lost track of my Sky team halfway through last season because I was so focussed on fpl and the same thing will probably happen this year so I didn't bother joining any leagues! Is that the real Matt le Tiss?!

That is indeed Matt Le Tissier. Propping up the table! Haha it gave the option when setting up the league to add any of a number of Sky pundits. I chose Le Tiss due to fond memories of my first attempts at fantasy football :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not a great start for me.

Only had 1 Liverpool player on Friday night - Gomez. So I was 20-30 points behind everyone right from the off.

Kane (c) Saturday and sterling. Can't complain there.

Only 1 player on Sunday - Barkley (c) Good Lord.

Ah well. Plenty of time to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

I got 70 points in the first week,thought that was ok until I looked at our league table! The pressure is on all ready lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Just seen i am top of the table , can’t see myself staying their for long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

92 for the week,2/3 c success, Salah fail,Stevens and Neves good,just inside top 15k
    The ultimate game mustn't be going to be played weekly

First couple of transfers made. Grealish and Coleman out for Mount and AWB in.

1.4k rank overall. 3rd in the Boards league - standard is good :)

'The first Overhaul period will begin following the completion of game week 4. It will then run throughout game week 5 and up until the first kick off of game week 6.'

Am I reading this wrong or..

For gameweek 5 could you have 11 Saturday players for the 7 games, 11 Sunday players for the two games, 11 MNF players and then pick your actual overhaul team before gamweek 6 without using any transfers??

Game doesn't seem to be that well run so I'm guessing its a misprint in the rules??

'The first Overhaul period will begin following the completion of game week 4. It will then run throughout game week 5 and up until the first kick off of game week 6.'

Am I reading this wrong or..

For gameweek 5 could you have 11 Saturday players for the 7 games, 11 Sunday players for the two games, 11 MNF players and then pick your actual overhaul team before gamweek 6 without using any transfers??

Game doesn't seem to be that well run so I'm guessing its a misprint in the rules??

Gameweek 5 is blank

So where are we at with our overhaul teams? I've been tinkering - like most i'm sure - and i'm now on a Hollywood front 3 of Salah-Aguero-Sterling:

Pope
    Zinchenko TAA Soyuncu
    KdB McGinn Mount Wilson
    Salah Aguero Sterling

0.1 left over gives me the option of Sterling to Auba if i so wish (will want an Arsenal attacker for sure at some stage - probably from gw7 onwards)

So where are we at with our overhaul teams? I've been tinkering - like most i'm sure - and i'm now on a Hollywood front 3 of Salah-Aguero-Sterling:

Pope
    Zinchenko TAA Soyuncu
    KdB McGinn Mount Wilson
    Salah Aguero Sterling

0.1 left over gives me the option of Sterling to Auba if i so wish (will want an Arsenal attacker for sure at some stage - probably from gw7 onwards)

I have 7 of those players. My only different players are Otamendi, Guilbert, Pepe and Haller vs Soyuncu, McGinn, Mount and Sterling. I've tried to cover captains over the next couple of weeks so that's why Haller and Pepe are in there.

• Advertisement

Settling on this i think:

Pope
    Otamendi TAA Soyuncu Zinchenko
    KdB Wilson Pepe
    Aguero Sterling Haller

Going heavy on City. 0.2 itb for a little flexibility - e.g. Zinchenko to Ceballos, Sterling to Auba, Haller to Abraham, Aguero to Salah, etc.

Good luck all

Sterling and Salah listed as forwards means my midfield is a motley crew of James Wilson and Mount alongside KDB

Final team is

Pickford

Digne Zinko Pieters

KDB Mount James Wilson

Salah Sterling Aguero

Pope
    Digne TAA Soyuncu
    KDB Pepe Maddison Wilson
    Aguero Sterling Haller

Good luck all

Only actually looked at the boards fsa league fir the first time this morning and there's a team called Second row Donkeys and it's not my team!

First place in our league is lighting it up with 540 points :eek:

First place in our league is lighting it up with 540 points :eek:

Yeah have had a scoring captain pretty much every single day! Yet there are still people 100 points ahead.

Was looking at entering the cash leagues run through the sky website - I’m right in saying you can join public cash leave up until the end of September?

Seems an odd system given that we’ll be almost a fifth of the way through the season after the weekend.

Yeah you can enter the cash leagues late - can’t remember the exact cutoff date. You may as well enter if you’ve gotten off to such a good start(I’d wager the majority ahead of you have used more transfers)

Yeah you can enter the cash leagues late - can’t remember the exact cutoff date. You may as well enter if you’ve gotten off to such a good start(I’d wager the majority ahead of you have used more transfers)

Yeah thats what I was thinking - be wrong to pass up the chance to enter while I have an edge.

First year playing the game and really liking it (not just cause I've started well!) but the format of it means you have to put lots of thought into transfers/strategy/captains. Plus another avenue for interest in games live on TV if you've got a captain for each day.

Hadn’t used skybet account in years and had set a deposit limit of €25 so could enter two leagues - probably for the best in some ways as I was planning on some heavy investment.

Keep on hitting the jackpot in this game all the same - had Ricardo Pereira as captain yesterday and got 34 points out of him.

• Advertisement

Otamendi Aguero and Rodri my 3 City players today LOL(transferred them all out). Had to dump Zinchenko last week. Had no Leicester attackers yesterday but trusty Soyuncu(C) chipped in with points. Sterling(C) today

Advertisement