Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[PSVR] Bargain Alerts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Argos have a class offer on at the mo - PSVR starter kit + Move controllers + choice of Firewall: Zero Hour, Wipeout Omega or The Persistence for €280.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7606160/Trail/searchtext>PlaystAtion+vr.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Doge wrote: »
    Thought it was a but crap tbh! Not that I was expecting much from an open beta. The frame rate is terrible considering it's a low poly game. And the gameplay isn't great. Nice selection of weapons though.

It looks like **** too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Wipeout Omega Collection is €15 on EU store

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1375171/wipeouttm-omega-collection

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Here's a nice bargain for all the gamecats.

The PowerA Playstation VR Case is down to €11 in Argos:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6008697/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAYSTATION+VR.htm

For the V2 you need to disconnect the earphones before putting it in the case.

Not much of an issue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

Anything good deals out there for the set with a game and motion controllers?
    Will hopefully grab something on BF.

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    Anything good deals out there for the set with a game and motion controllers?
    Will hopefully grab something on BF.

Not at the moment. €310 for just the headset, Playstation Worlds (collection of minigames) and Moves at Argos: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7606160/Trail/searchtext%3EPLAYSTATION+VR.htm

But you'll get far better deals around BF/Cyber Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,944 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Some great PSVR deals at present, they are gonna shift a shed load this Xmas.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Some great PSVR deals at present, they are gonna shift a shed load this Xmas.

Take this with a bag of salt, but I heard from someone who heard from someone (biiig bag of salt) who works for a major games publisher that Sony are going to release a new PS VR model next year with significantly improved specs. If it's true then I'd guess resolution & FOV increases at least, and maybe even a better tracking system & Move controllers with analog sticks. Apparently it's going to work with the PS4 and PS5.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,944 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Take this with a bag of salt, but I heard from someone who heard from someone (biiig bag of salt) who works for a major games publisher that Sony are going to release a new PS VR model next year with significantly improved specs. If it's true then I'd guess resolution & FOV increases at least, and maybe even a better tracking system & Move controllers with analog sticks. Apparently it's going to work with the PS4 and PS5.

Well if its an improvement on the current system, I can't wait to see it in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is that the version 1 or 2 in that deal.

Is that the version 1 or 2 in that deal.

Despite what others might say, I can confirm that this is version 1. Wife ordered it for me and there’s been a barney here with me saying just refuse delivery and her saying “sure what’s the difference” :rolleyes:

Despite what others might say, I can confirm that this is version 1. Wife ordered it for me and there’s been a barney here with me saying just refuse delivery and her saying “sure what’s the difference” :rolleyes:

How do you know it's version 1?

How do you know it's version 1?

Littlewoods advert > scroll down to additional information tab near end of page > open 1st pdf file > page 1 > item description: CUH-ZVR1

Littlewoods advert > scroll down to additional information tab near end of page > open 1st pdf file > page 1 > item description: CUH-ZVR1

Product description actually states EAN: 711719981268 which is the EAN code for the V2 version

Product description actually states EAN: 711719981268 which is the EAN code for the V2 version

.......so then I rang them to get a definitive answer. They only have 1st gens, so steer clear.

In fairness, when you think about it, it’s highly unlikely that littlewoods would be better than all other local retailers with something like this.

Curry’s UK for £209 with astrobot and Moves was the best I could find earlier but I’ll hang on a few more days.

.......so then I rang them to get a definitive answer. They only have 1st gens, so steer clear.

In fairness, when you think about it, it’s highly unlikely that littlewoods would be better than all other local retailers with something like this.

Curry’s UK for £209 with astrobot and Moves was the best I could find earlier but I’ll hang on a few more days.

Damit already ordered

• Advertisement

you all have 4k TVs?

mrcheez wrote: »
    you all have 4k TVs?

I will have, but HDR pass-thru aside, the neater setup with the headset is also an improvement. I know the screens are identical, but why would you choose a V1 when everyone else is selling V2’s. Even from a resale POV, it makes sense to get the newer model, and if you can do it for the same money (or thereabouts) it makes sense.

I will have, but HDR pass-thru aside, the neater setup with the headset is also an improvement. I know the screens are identical, but why would you choose a V1 when everyone else is selling V2’s. Even from a resale POV, it makes sense to get the newer model, and if you can do it for the same money (or thereabouts) it makes sense.

The only difference in the wiring is the small box that splits the wires that normally hangs around you is that right?

I actually find that split box very convenient as I use it to hook the cable to my body via a belt so I never feel the cable dragging on my head when I look around plus the cable is never dangling at my feet.

Just string a belt through the "Y" and tie it around your waist. Very handy for games that require a lot of movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AhSureYano

You can get the Move controllers on the Italian Amazon for €50. That's the cheapest I've seen them anywhere.

Just got delivery from littlewoods and can confirm its the Version 2, back of the box the model number states CUH-ZVR2

Just got delivery from littlewoods and can confirm its the Version 2, back of the box the model number states CUH-ZVR2
    WTF !!!!!:eek:

WTF !!!!!:eek:

I was quiet relieved was all ready to send back and buy elsewhere. Great deal from Littlewoods all the same

I was quiet relieved was all ready to send back and buy elsewhere. Great deal from Littlewoods all the same
    Glad you got sorted. Mine due to arrive friday. I don't know why I'm surprised it's the V2, even after them assuring me they did not stock them. Littlewoods. :rolleyes:

Glad you got sorted. Mine due to arrive friday. I don't know why I'm surprised it's the V2, even after them assuring me they did not stock them. Littlewoods. :rolleyes:

I bet they were thinking about psvr 2 and not the 2nd revision, can't imagine there support being too up on all things vr related, fingers crossed ur sorted Friday too, let me know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Hey I’m just wondering what is the best PS VR v2 deal out there?
    Looking to buy before the Black Friday deals finish

Advertisement