Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[PSVR] Bargain Alerts

• 07-02-2018 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭

Eagle Flight is down to $14 on US PS store.

Very tempted after PSVR Without Parole's latest Why We Love video on YouTube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Managed to pick it up for a 10er in Smyths a while back but never got round to playing it.
    My friend said it was great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I had it , Thought it wasn't great traded it in again after a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Eagle Flight did nothing for me at all after the first 20 seconds. I got it for a tenner so it's not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Why is there so many VR sales on the fricken US store. I know it’s easy to set up a US account, but I shouldn’t have to, and I point blank refuse to do it. Given how easy it is to purchase from the US store and how cheap some of these games retail at, why not just bloody match the sales? Very irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

kerplun k wrote: »
    Why is there so many VR sales on the fricken US store. I know it’s easy to set up a US account, but I shouldn’t have to, and I point blank refuse to do it. Given how easy it is to purchase from the US store and how cheap some of these games retail at, why not just bloody match the sales? Very irritating.

often (perhaps most of the time?) it's vice versa and the Europeans have all the deals with the US redditors complaining.

You get some great deals on the US account so certainly create one.

e.g. I bought Driveclub VR for approx €4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm with to three so ie deals are basically free and us/cn cost me real money

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Played Eagle Flight for the first time today and was absolutely engrossed in it for an hour.

The fact I'm a bird lover and nature lover probably helps, but the challenges seem to have a lot of variety and there seems to be a bit of replay value to the game.

After playing VR luge I thought Head Tilting controls were the gimmickiest thing ever, but it just feels so natural in Eagle Flight, I didn't even need to change the sensitivity it just seems perfect straight off the bat.

Really recommend picking this one up as it probably has a long length and is good value.

Sprint Vector is out for PSVR now.

Around €17 with PS plus, or £13 on UK store with the free 3-day PS Plus trial.

Get this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Sprint Vector any good?

If you're into flight games you really should try Ultrawings. The feeling of being really high above the ground is amazing.

Yeah Sprint Vector is good. Tough too.

• Advertisement

Just spotted PSPrices appears to have a VR games filter now!

https://psprices.com/region-ie/games/vr/?sort=price&platform=all

Going to pick up Surgeon Simulator for €4.99 ... Seraphim190 was doing a livestream of it and it looks fun for the price!

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yeah Sprint Vector is good. Tough too.

I find it a little over complicated control wise, the turning is awful and should be scrapped. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Might be good yet.

I find it a little over complicated control wise, the turning is awful and should be scrapped. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Might be good yet.

Yeah at first I hated it although I loved the visuals, the second day everything just clicked.

Be sure to play the tutorials THOROUGHLY and repeatedly until it becomes second nature. Also practice around the skatepark.

Don't just head straight into a race as it will drive you mad.

I also switched the 180 degree buttons to shoot the powerups and it made a lot of difference.

Interestingly I've refunded the Oculus Rift version as I bought it on that too. The Move controllers are perfect for this game, unlike the Touch controllers where you inadvertently keep hitting the wrong button.

It's a bit better today but I'm getting an annoying issue where I'm flung to left off the track for no apparent reason at all. It's so annoying.

It's a bit better today but I'm getting an annoying issue where I'm flung to left off the track for no apparent reason at all. It's so annoying.

Are you hitting mines?!?

I've no tracking issues but my camera is up high and I'm standing about 2m away from the camera so that might factor.

I don't think so, it happened on the time trial thing, first one. Camera is about as high as my neck when standing, about 3 meters back. I'll give it another go, it could be great if I can get used to it.

I don't think so, it happened on the time trial thing, first one. Camera is about as high as my neck when standing, about 3 meters back. I'll give it another go, it could be great if I can get used to it.

Are you hitting the left jump button by accident??!

What's the time trial?

Also looking left will make you move sideways so it might be that. It's the only thing I don't like as it means you can't look around you for too long while trying to keep a straight line of running.

Must be a left jump button. I'll do the tutorials again and see whats up.

Nah, I can't get it at all. Just getting pushed aside for no reason, absolutely sucks. It's ****e.

Haha.. you're a unique specimen my friend :)

• Advertisement

Requested a refund. Wanted knockout league way more than that.

Curious how you get on with refunds on PS4. I've bought titles before that I wasn't happy with but didn't think you could refund them.

I haven't seen anyone else complain about the movement issues you had with Sprint Vector so it's very odd. It's one of the AAA titles for VR in general.

There's a form you can fill out. No word from them yet. It was just so annoying, I'd be running along fine then just pushed off the track and be facing a wall with no hope of getting back in the race. Life's too short for that ****e.

Well you get pushed off by bombs etc, but u can double jump to get out of most situations.

It requires a few hours to nail the skills but when you do and you're flying along so fast that vertigo kicks in, you know you've hit the sweet spot.

I've never let out a "woohoo!" before I played this game. Felt like Superman :)

Got a refund but nothing is on sale. When do the sales usually start?

Big sale on the US store

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/STORE-MSF77008-PSPLUSSPECIALS/1

You need PS Plus but you can easily get 2 days worth using the "Online Saved Data Trial" method

- Eagle flight for €11.99 interests me
    - $5.99 for Driveclub is a steal
    - I Expect you to Die for $7.49
    - Star Wars Battlefront for $5.99 (for the X Wing mission)
    - Thumper for $5.99
    - Rush of Blood for $5.99 (FFS!)
    - Windlands for $7.49 is essential

Buy credit from Amazon.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Drive Club VR is a heck of a lot of fun, I'm just enjoying the point to point time trials, a complete hoot!
    For $5.99 you'd be a fool not to go for it.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Drive Club VR is a heck of a lot of fun, I'm just enjoying the point to point time trials, a complete hoot!
    For $5.99 you'd be a fool not to go for it.

Hey man, glad you could join us in the VR forum finally! I'm trying to steer people here instead of constantly posting to the PlayStation VR superthread as the admins seem to have no intention of moving the PSVR thread here as they did the Vive and Oculus superthreads.

So best to post in this forum if you can and the old thread can die :)

Some sales on the Irish store now like Ultrawings for €15 and Brookhaven for €5

I love Brookhaven!

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/02/21/big-fortnite-discounts-among-new-deals-going-live-on-playstation-store-today/

Polybius is on sale too. Fantastic trip!

• Advertisement

Polybius is £3.99 on UK store too!

If any doubts how great Polybius is watch a very stoned Seraphim190 play. Hilarious.

Listen out for the suck on his pipe about 30 seconds in

Advertisement