Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Just point me in the direction of the NiteLink when were done.... That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I'm well up for this.... I nominate this place: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055725081

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If there's beer I'm there.

o1s1n wrote: »

Any preferences as to where/when?

Sorry, to answer your question, Id say a house of sorts. Knacker drinking in recesionary times is the way to go :)

Plus I can bring buzz

• Registered Users Posts: 34,360 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A house would be great but space might be an issue. I'd love to have people up here but my games room gets fairly warm with just one person in it. Would be a sweaty geek sauna with the lot of you...fun for CCCP and Retr0 but I think that would be it.

Anyone out there with a gaming mansion?

• Advertisement

Anyone out there with a gaming mansion?

Me, but as you seen, I havnt got a near epic enough collection!

Anyone is more than wecome if you's don't think its too far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

I'm all for this. I have a fairly big place smack in the city centre, could bring the TV up to the sitting room, seats might be an issue but we have a couch, 2 armchairs and a beanbag.

Only thing is, it will have to be rather soon as we are moving out to a new place while work is being done here. I'll try find out when that is, it's most likely in the next 2-3 weeks. Also, I only have a MegaDrive, SNES, N64, PSX, PS2, Dreamcast and Xbox so if you want to play anything else you will need to bring it.

Retr0 you can stay the night if you want...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yah sure I'll go anywhere on a bus route. Y'all can come to my house next weekend. There'll be no one here 'cept me. Possibly, unless a relative comes over to stay.

Oh but someone must bring a MD2 av cable if the Megadrive is to be played.

I'll let you know when I find out more

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm bringing my chastity belt :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm actually more worried that you own one of those.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Interesting...whereabouts in the city centre? Anywhere near the IFSC? If I can manage to get over I'll bring the NeoGeo. Only have the one arcade stick though! /runs to ebay

\Edit -Done! Not bad. 31 euro. Coming from Japan.

Haha!

Master of the Universe

Sad thing is, with the UK postal strikes, it'll probably get here before all the stuff I'm waiting for on ebay.co.uk. (Hurry up Hama beads, I want to make some sprites!!)

Actually to show you how bad the strikes are - I bought Kurushi about two weeks ago. The seller was so reluctant to send it to a post office that one of his Irish work colleagues is bringing it back to Ireland with him after a conference and posting it once he gets to Dublin.

Wow! things must be bad over there ATM.

Im still waiting for loads of stuff from UK

Its really annoying!

Hang on a sec, what do postal strikes have to do with us getting scandalously drunk and CCCP impregnating retr0gamer?

Master of the Universe

Yeah, I would imagine this is one thread which should stay strictly on topic.

So CCCP, are you going to do the whole candles, romantic music thing or just get him really really drunk?

I should never have dressed as a japanese schoolgirl last year :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Yeah, I would imagine this is one thread which should stay strictly on topic.

So CCCP, are you going to do the whole candles, romantic music thing or just get him really really drunk?

See what happens. If I can I'll sweet talk him, but if my advances fail, then I shall produce Vodka and Orange. Works everytime! Anyway, what's the plan here guys? Atavan and myself have put forward places to use, so it's a matter of picking one or the other. Choose your poison!

I don't mind either way but it would have to be either thursday or friday next week if i was to host. I'm in Rathfarnham and CCCP is in town so I suppose whichever would be handiest for everyone.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Bumpittybumpbump

Seeing as the last attempt at this fell flat on its arse, anyone else up for giving it another go? I can walk again so I'm up for it. Still can't drink more than one pint for another month (This has been the longest six months of my life) but I'll still get a lot of fun out of watching you lot fall about the place.

A house with a tv in the city centre would be great. Although I'd settle for a pub full of geeks talking about videogames. :pac:

If we can't get anywhere to play games then pub, beer, nerdy banter and a blistering argument with me vs. ciderman or/and CCCP^ is fine with me. I think if there's no house free then lets just agree to meet in a pub. I think a date needs to be laid down and see if it suits. Some one needs to be pro-active!

Yes! Lets just do it. How's about Saturday 20th March. No particular reason for that date, just getting the gears in motion. Also, don't forget portable systems are an option :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'd be provisionally up for this .
    I'd love to offer the house for use , but not a runner at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

again i feel so left out of a beers cos im so far form dubland :(:(:(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah same here, all the way in Waterford

Spend the night, this is going to be epic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

well if i know when it is i can see what I can arrange

We need a venue aswell. Somewhere that everyone can get to easily

• Advertisement

And no loud music either so we can actually hear each other.

I hope there'll be females at this so we don't look like total nerds. I very much doubt I can get my girlfriend to tah along :)

Advertisement